IGNORED

Welcome Jack Hunt - Now officially signed

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Another experienced player at this level and above. Somehow think LJ is starting to learn..

2 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Maybe he wasn’t the one bringing in the foreigners ???

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I’m just pleased to see we’re going for more proven players rather than expensive punts abroad. 

1 hour ago, eric04 said:

A definite policy shift. Buy players who have established themselves in English football, and in most cases in the Championship. All under 30. 

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`d be interested in our erstwhile poster @tinman85`s take on this week`s business. TBF to him/her it`s what he/she has been suggesting we should do for years!

57 minutes ago, red panda said:

Yes, it looks like a different approach to recruitment.  Surely at least some of this must be down to our achievements last season.  Would this type of player have signed for us a year ago?

I really see this as a change of policy, more a realisation of the existing one. We have finally developed players that we have sold on at a really good profit. We have invested that in two players that are still developing (Adelukan and Webster) and also established players to support them in their learning. The latter is not something we could do before a) because we were not established enough, b) we had no profile (that changed with the cup run and the stadium build) and c) we didn't have enough money to buy or maintain their wages. It was always said that there was room for players like Wiemann and Hunt in the policy, these are much better signings than the 33-35 year olds we have been reduced to buying to add experience in the past.

6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Those pigs did so well last season aye, but I hope they come crashing back down to earth. And yeah, I have exactly the same view on Cardiff in terms of where I thought they'd finish last season and where they did. Just shows you. I guess the manager was a huge catalyst for that. 

Easy to say it when we didn't achieve it but we'd have definitely been up there if we didn't have the injuries we had. Honestly the worst I've ever known at a single club. At one point we had 15 players out injured for weeks. Forestieri missed 40 games, Hooper, Westwood, Lees, Lee, Hutchinson, Fletcher, Hunt, Van Aken, Abdi and more all for either half a season or longer. We were down to academy players and 3rd choice keeper through a lot of January to March. Surprise surprise when the players started coming back we won 6 out of the last 8. A the time I was surprised most of the league didn't know about this casualty list but I guess that's probably because no one cares unless it's their own team. :laugh:

Jeez! It’s not like they were spread out over the pitch either. Your defence and CM’s took a battering. 

3 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Jeez! It’s not like they were spread out over the pitch either. Your defence and CM’s took a battering. 

Most frustrating season I can remember but it's what happens when you don't prepare properly or do the correct fitness work. An attribute the local media, our fans and some current players levelled at the oh so loved 'Carlos'. Aaah well. New season. New potential for every club. 

..........................New GK

........... Webster, Baker, Kelly

Hunt, Brownhill, Smith, O'Dowda, Bryan

.............. Diedhiou, Weimann

This would be quite an exciting team or if Bryan departs.

...................New GK

. Hunt, Webster, Baker, Kelly

...Brownhill, Smith, O'Dowda

..Watkins, Diedhiou, Weimann

8 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Let it go you silly c u next tuesday.

Dear oh dear - you seriously are unable to discuss anything without using shite terms like ‘snowflake’ or being abusive...perhaps a  forum isn’t an appropriate place for you to be....in life people will question opinions and incorrect ‘facts’ - it’s called a discussion and doesn’t need or warrant abusive responses...grow up....

31 minutes ago, Taz said:

To be fair, in previous years we've had marquee signings who have either come in and flopped (Marcus Stewart, David James), or come in with a load of lower quality players.

If all we get in during this window is 5 or 6 average/established Championship players, then we've done a hell of a lot better than in previous seasons.

If the new recruits get around thirty games each per season, the rest will be gratefully accepted by the deputy or a promising under 23. 

We are signing those who have been around the block a few times and should be able to keep the "blips" to a couple or three games instead of three to four months. Maybe not going to get the highs of the last two years but also not the depths. That will be real progress! 

3 minutes ago, kevthered said:

very impressed with this video ...I know its You Tube but that is a lot of pace and turning defenders in and out

I don't know why, but I love players with this kind of physique, not too tall, but really beefy and good centre of gravity. He will be a great addition to the squad, good experience in behind our less experienced wingers/right sided midfield players. He's two footed too, it makes such a difference to a players balance. :)

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't know why, but I love players with this kind of physique, not too tall, but really beefy and good centre of gravity. He will be a great addition to the squad, good experience in behind our less experienced wingers/right sided midfield players. He's two footed too, it makes such a difference to a players balance:)

It certainly helps. As the one footed variety tend to fall over.

Archived