IGNORED

Welcome Jack Hunt - Now officially signed

This is the sort of signing we were crying out for in our promoted season

We seem to be aiming for, and getting, the right players in this window.

Lessons clearly learnt, or LJ and coaching staff putting their foot down.  No more Engvall, Diony or even Elliason but proven players at Championship level or stars from league 1.  And big bonus we haven't heard the dreaded phrase 'one for the future'.

Far more optimistic about our signings,now all that the coaches have to do is create a team

2 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

..........................New GK

........... Webster, Baker, Kelly

Hunt, Brownhill, Smith, O'Dowda, Bryan

.............. Diedhiou, Weimann

This would be quite an exciting team or if Bryan departs.

...................New GK

. Hunt, Webster, Baker, Kelly

...Brownhill, Smith, O'Dowda

..Watkins, Diedhiou, Weimann

One of the first names on the team sheet for me, is not in any of those two teams. Have I missed something? 

4 hours ago, Negan said:

and 128 of those were 09-13! So since the 13/14 season he has made 122 appearances. That works out at 24 and a half a year up until today. If we compare him to say, Joe Bryan, who is on 216 now, 4 years younger, by the time he reaches 28 I expect joe to have made around 400+ So no its not a lot of games for a 27 year old. 

Joe is 24, so only 3 seasons to reach the same age, otherwise you can add to Hunt;s total if you wanna compare age for age.  Bryan - He’ll be on 350 if he plays almost all games to 27.  Hunt has played 295 (over 250) at 27, So not a million miles off.  I would say Bryan has played more games than most as a 24 year old, Bobby Reid 201 at 25 (a year older than Bryan). So Hunt somewhere in between.  Not like he’s Luke Garbutt is it?  He’s payed a decent level of games for a 27 year old.

Are you trying to say he’s injury prone or something?

2 minutes ago, CitySSeven said:

Well if you figure out the club he plays for then you could take a good guess ;)

That's what I'm asking... Nowhere does it mention the club and Jack Hunt is likely a reasonably common name so don't know who the hell this guy is. 

8 minutes ago, TBW said:

That's what I'm asking... Nowhere does it mention the club and Jack Hunt is likely a reasonably common name so don't know who the hell this guy is. 

He's the main RB for Sheffield Wednesday. He's been there for two years, signing from Huddesfield. 

9 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Sounds solid. But wheres the marquee signing this season? Would like us to spend on one of the best in this league, someone proven and highly rated by everyone. 

How many right backs do you know, outside of the top players, who you'd describe as a 'marquee signing'?

This could be a great signing. Always rated him, shame about the injuries - like Webster, that's my concern. Very good price too. 

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

How many right backs do you know, outside of the top players, who you'd describe as a 'marquee signing'?

This could be a great signing. Always rated him, shame about the injuries - like Webster, that's my concern. Very good price too. 

Nicky hunt :)

9 hours ago, Fernando said:

Most frustrating season I can remember but it's what happens when you don't prepare properly or do the correct fitness work. An attribute the local media, our fans and some current players levelled at the oh so loved 'Carlos'. Aaah well. New season. New potential for every club. 

I know. As an ex ST holder at Wednesday, I hope we are battling it out this season for top and second spot. :fingerscrossed:

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why is everyone obsessed with big money and/or ‘marquee’ signings ?

Last one we had was Tomlin. Shit. Maybe O’Neill, on reputstion. Shit. Before that probably David James. Shit. 

Give me a Tammy, a Kodjia, a Flint any day. Marquee signings seem to rarely work out unless you’re a top end club buying all the top talent. Most ‘names’ who would come here are either problematic or in terminal decline.

I’d rather we look for a player who can turn themselves into a name than paying a premium for a name that’s been and gone. 

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why is everyone obsessed with big money and/or ‘marquee’ signings ?

Last one we had was Tomlin. Shit. Maybe O’Neill, on reputstion. Shit. Before that probably David James. Shit. 

Give me a Tammy, a Kodjia, a Flint any day. Marquee signings seem to rarely work out unless you’re a top end club buying all the top talent. Most ‘names’ who would come here are either problematic or in terminal decline.

I’d rather we look for a player who can turn themselves into a name than paying a premium for a name that’s been and gone. 

would imagine Weimann constitutes our marquee signing this summer

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sounds a promising signing tbh.

£1.6m I'm happy with too, aged 27 which is in peak years, doesn't cost the Earth, solid for this level and given his age potentially even a modest sell-on value too. 

We needed to bolster the right side and with him and Watkins seems that is happening too.

:shocking:  Shock horror!  

Does this mean that LJ actually knows what he's doing?       

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

:shocking:  Shock horror!  

Does this mean that LJ actually knows what he's doing?       

well robbo if it's a successful transfer its due to others as LJ has no say, if its a failure its down to LJ as he has the final say,

You should know that by now

Archived