IGNORED

Welcome Jack Hunt - Now officially signed

14 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

..........................New GK

........... Webster, Baker, Kelly

Hunt, Brownhill, Pack, Smith, Bryan

.............. Diedhiou, Weimann

This would be quite an exciting team or if Bryan departs.

...................New GK

. Hunt, Webster, Baker, Kelly

...Smith, Pack, O'Dowda/Brownhill

..Watkins, Diedhiou, Weimann

Sorted this for you... . How you do not start pack is beyond me... (unless of course he leaves in which case the previous line ups are fine) :) 

43 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Maybe the health professional who conducted the medical pulled a muscle during it and was unable to complete it. I've often wondered what would happen in such circumstances and whether any delay caused by this has led to a player coming to the attention of other clubs who then usurp the deal. I should imagine that due to this possibility, the health professional conducting the medical has to undergo a stringent medical themselves before being assigned the gig.

The should do the medicals like they used to do in schools in the '60's, as Jasper Carrott said, "In those days when I was healthy and young the medical you had to pass was cursory, it consisted of a quick cough and a rap on the knees. They then made us run around the gym 20 times and if you fell over, they sent you for an eye test" :) 

2 hours ago, John Galley said:

There is no mention of Baily Wright in your team. LJ signed him and made him captain and he will be in his side. The only reason he wasn't at the end of last season was because he was injured and needed an operation, which cause him to lose his World Cup place. He is a central defender and will be this season and hopefully we will see the best of him like at the start of last season when Flint was dropped, the guy got a lot of unfair criticism from some fans in my opinion.

Wright may well not be captain this season, and may not be in the starting line up.

Flint wasn't 'dropped' btw, he was rested due to being naturally unsettled due to the club trying to sell him, and also the club trying to ensure he wasn't injured while his future at AG was in doubt.

1 hour ago, Negan said:

He is injury prone. According to the Sheffield Wednesday fans who have watched him for the last 3 years. I'm not saying 250 games isn't a lot by the way, just you'd expect more. Smith and Pack both the same age with over 400 appearances each. Obviously hunt has had loans which either didn't work out or injuries? I don't know, but ever since he's left Huddersfield it looks as though he's never played a full season. He's an experienced player still and I'm looking forward to seeing him play. 

He had at least a season out with a broken leg and recovery. Doesn't mean he is always injured! 

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

Maybe the health professional who conducted the medical pulled a muscle during it and was unable to complete it. I've often wondered what would happen in such circumstances and whether any delay caused by this has led to a player coming to the attention of other clubs who then usurp the deal. I should imagine that due to this possibility, the health professional conducting the medical has to undergo a stringent medical themselves before being assigned the gig.

This makes a lot of sense but you have perhaps not considered the possibility of the delay being caused by injury to the health professional conducting the medical of the health professional conducting the players’ medical and the impact that could have. There clearly needs to be a stringent medical carried out by a health professional upon the health professional carrying out the stringent medical of the health professional carrying out a stringent medical on the player. Without that, there could only be chaos and confusion.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

This makes a lot of sense but you have perhaps not considered the possibility of the delay being caused by injury to the health professional conducting the medical of the health professional conducting the players’ medical and the impact that could have. There clearly needs to be a stringent medical carried out by a health professional upon the health professional carrying out the stringent medical of the health professional carrying out a stringent medical on the player. Without that, there could only be chaos and confusion.

Is this a game where we are not allowed to say the word Docto.......

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why is everyone obsessed with big money and/or ‘marquee’ signings ?

Last one we had was Tomlin. Shit. Maybe O’Neill, on reputstion. Shit. Before that probably David James. Shit. 

Give me a Tammy, a Kodjia, a Flint any day. Marquee signings seem to rarely work out unless you’re a top end club buying all the top talent. Most ‘names’ who would come here are either problematic or in terminal decline.

I’d rather we look for a player who can turn themselves into a name than paying a premium for a name that’s been and gone. 

For a decade England had the "golden generation". Players that would be the equivalent of marquee players - Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand, Terry, etc etc and what did they ever achieve?

Now England has a manager that pretty well no one wanted, and who would definitely not be classed as a "marquee" manager on the world stage, and he has put together a squad with many players that most fans would have been decidedly meh about . Kane is probably the only player who you could properly call a "marquee" player.

However, what Southgate has done is to put together a team that is performing to a level greater than the sum of it's parts because they want to play for each other and the manager and with a style that works for them. Whether they can go al the way we will have to wait and see, but judging by the comments on here and elsewhere, he and they have restored pride in our national team.

I hope we are mirroring England, with a manager that many didn't wan't ( and many still don't) bringing in players that many fans do not think are the "marquee signings" or "proven at this level" players and replacing the "old guard".

A decade ago LJ's father built a team along similar lines, with no "star" players but an effective team that achieved far more than the 11 players individually seemed capable. I'm hoping that LJ is doing something similar with the right players, who have the right attitude and motivation. Also, like  England we have a team developing that is young so can hopefully improve together.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

For a decade England had the "golden generation". Players that would be the equivalent of marquee players - Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand, Terry, etc etc and what did they ever achieve?

Now England has a manager that pretty well no one wanted, and who would definitely not be classed as a "marquee" manager on the world stage, and he has put together a squad with many players that most fans would have been decidedly meh about . Kane is probably the only player who you could properly call a "marquee" player.

However, what Southgate has done is to put together a team that is performing to a level greater than the sum of it's parts because they want to play for each other and the manager and with a style that works for them. Whether they can go al the way we will have to wait and see, but judging by the comments on here and elsewhere, he and they have restored pride in our national team.

I hope we are mirroring England, with a manager that many didn't wan't ( and many still don't) bringing in players that many fans do not think are the "marquee signings" or "proven at this level" players and replacing the "old guard".

A decade ago LJ's father built a team along similar lines, with no "star" players but an effective team that achieved far more than the 11 players individually seemed capable. I'm hoping that LJ is doing something similar with the right players, who have the right attitude and motivation. Also, like  England we have a team developing that is young so can hopefully improve together.

Top post that man :clap:

The 07/08 team is the perfect analogy. If ever a TEAM was better than the sum of its parts it was then. A squad that gave 100% for each other, blood sweat and tears week in week out. 

I’d rather have a bunch of grafters than a bunch of ‘names’ any day of the week. 

11 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I'd like to see bigger hips and a much smaller waistline to be honest with you.

******GRATUITOUS POST WARNING**** 

Something like this you mean?

Too much of an open goal for me to rest I'm afraid, although I only do this out of sense of duty and kindness to Nogbad!  :)

586078916_ola09_36_09.jpg.dcaa1a3121abf431db3aa2da44c09667.jpg

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Top post that man :clap:

The 07/08 team is the perfect analogy. If ever a TEAM was better than the sum of its parts it was then. A squad that gave 100% for each other, blood sweat and tears week in week out. 

I’d rather have a bunch of grafters than a bunch of ‘names’ any day of the week. 

That is all I could ever ask, well said sir

:clap:

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Wright may well not be captain this season, and may not be in the starting line up.

Flint wasn't 'dropped' btw, he was rested due to being naturally unsettled due to the club trying to sell him, and also the club trying to ensure he wasn't injured while his future at AG was in doubt.

Dropped, rested,  no real difference.

10 minutes ago, John Galley said:

Dropped, rested,  no real difference.

Indeed there is, 'dropped' infers he had either been playing poorly or was being replaced by someone the manager thought would be more effective for the team.

Neither of these situations applied, Flint would undoubtedly have been a first choice starter but for the unusual temporary circumstances regarding his City future at the time.

4 hours ago, John Galley said:

There is no mention of Baily Wright in your team. LJ signed him and made him captain and he will be in his side. The only reason he wasn't at the end of last season was because he was injured and needed an operation, which cause him to lose his World Cup place. He is a central defender and will be this season and hopefully we will see the best of him like at the start of last season when Flint was dropped, the guy got a lot of unfair criticism from some fans in my opinion.

I was referring to Pack? 

15 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't know why, but I love players with this kind of physique, not too tall, but really beefy and good centre of gravity. He will be a great addition to the squad, good experience in behind our less experienced wingers/right sided midfield players. He's two footed too, it makes such a difference to a players balance. :)

15 hours ago, JustinCider said:

It certainly helps. As the one footed variety tend to fall over.

Reminded me of this:

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Great minds, M :thumbsup:

Yup, a bit later but not too late. Whist people are at work checking their phones etc when they can. Then they have all evening to slag him off on here. Perfect.*

*Only kidding Jack, don’t want to scupper the deal. You will be very welcome. :laughcont:

1 hour ago, screech said:

Is this a game where we are not allowed to say the word Docto.......

Probably overzealous use of copy and paste.

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Not what I was thinking Rudolf, more a doctor with a funny walk! :thumbsup:

If the rash is severe, it might be Rudolph with the funny walk.

Archived