IGNORED

Win the World Cup or win a major club trophy?

BCFCGav

Couple of days to kill until a certain Semi-Final, and no exciting transfer news today (apart from ‘team X linked to Joe Bryan’ but that’s daily) so...

City win big or England win big? Which is better? For me, City winning the prem or UCL (this is hypothetical...) would top a World Cup win, but that’s the only two I can think of. 

It's not really a like for like as the odds of City winning the Champions League are so slim, probably on par with Turkmenistan winning the World Cup. 

However, if it was changed to City winning the League/FA Cup/Championship, I would probably take England winning the World Cup. I absolutely love City but have few friends who support the same club. Winning the World Cup is something that I could share with all friends and family. I honestly think the Country would shut down the following day if England won it. Having said that, I'm in Turkmenistan when the final is being played...

9 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Couple of days to kill until a certain Semi-Final, and no exciting transfer news today (apart from ‘team X linked to Joe Bryan’ but that’s daily) so...

City win big or England win big? Which is better? For me, City winning the prem or UCL (this is hypothetical...) would top a World Cup win, but that’s the only two I can think of. 

Do you know something we don’t!? 

11 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Getting ahead of ourselves are we?

(me too) 

18 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

World Cup everytime!! Look what it’s like at the moment!! Imagine if we win Saturday, imagine a semi final then maybe a final! The whole country would be buzzing!!

I noticed that - before the WC loads on this site we’re saying how much they didnt give a shit!! 

Funny what a few victory’s can do!!

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

World Cup everytime!! Look what it’s like at the moment!! Imagine if we win Saturday, imagine a semi final then maybe a final! The whole country would be buzzing!!

Exactly this, the whole country will go nuts if England win it

Good thread this. I would normally say city, especially after the way England have under performed over the last 20 years, got very disillusioned with everything England /FA . Somethings different under Southgate though, players seem to care, we’ve got a style of play that’s pleasing to watch and us fans seem to be on board with it. I’ll go England just because of the state the nation will be in if we won it. No one would go to work for a week it would be carnage :laughcont: pissed up bodies littering the streets for days. 

Given we've had a cup run recently we can compare, for me while I enjoyed the Manchester games and they're some of the best I've ever watched I don't think I quite felt as excited as this world cup, there's actual belief we could get to the final given the draw whereas the Manchester games were limited in their expectation and progression given the opposition. 

Club over country every single time. 

International football is nothing to me. There's no build up or following the development week in, week out. Just switch on every two years and watch a maximum of six games in a major tournament... Anyone putting those handful of games for their country every two years over their club doesn't care for their club enough. We see many more significant games for club than country so why would you drop your club behind the country? I really don't get it. 

5 hours ago, Crisis what Crisis ? said:

England world cup win every time for me......i don't see this 'club v country' thing as any sort of dilemma i'm afraid.

Not a dilemma for me either. Club every time.

Competitive England games pop up every two years, the club are there every week. 

Selfishly I would take City winning something.

However, having seen how much my 3 boys and their friends love this World Cup then I would take England every time now for them.

My eldest rang me straight after the penalties in uncontrollable excitement telling he this was the happiest day ever!! 

A 19 year old lad who works for me messaged a group what’s app saying it was the best night of his life!

For the benefit of the country, I’d have to go World Cup

6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Selfishly I would take City winning something.

However, having seen how much my 3 boys and their friends love this World Cup then I would take England every time now for them.

My eldest rang me straight after the penalties in uncontrollable excitement telling he this was the happiest day ever!! 

A 19 year old lad who works for me messaged a group what’s app saying it was the best night of his life!

For the benefit of the country, I’d have to go World Cup

I wonder what it would actually be like.

I struggle to believe any other country would respond like we would to winning the World Cup. The scenes would be on levels as yet unseen by man.

Archived