IGNORED

Win the World Cup or win a major club trophy?

BCFCGav

If you even have to think about putting England and the World Cup over say, City winning the Championship and getting to the Prem I would find that odd. Of course, it's all about personal preference, but City first EVERY TIME with me.

That said, COME ON ENGLAND   yoo can doo it!

9 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

From what I can make out was less hyped up in 66

I heard Gordon Banks recently say that people were starting to leave before the final whistle - bizarre 

Mainly ST holders from The Dolman :laughcont:

28 minutes ago, Coppello said:

You must be fun at parties. 

I'm a delight. 

23 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I didn't realise Diego Maradonna posted on here!

Why don't I follow England? Because there are a large enough volume of England fans who feel the need to be dicks and think everything is "banter" when actually all it means is an excuse to be a dick and try and legitimise behaviour. 

Example:

I don't want these people or people climbing on top of police vans and other issues to get what they want. I realise some people are absolutely fine but England fans are the worst. And it'll only be worse again should England win it. Why do you think we don't get to host the tournament? Because we're cocks.

Would love a smaller nation who have never won it to take it. Begging for a Belgium-Croatia final right now. 

5 minutes ago, screech said:

Yeah videos don't play automatically so thats fine. Thanks for the effort though.

2 minutes ago, TBW said:

I'm a delight. 

Why don't I follow England? Because there are a large enough volume of England fans who feel the need to be dicks and think everything is "banter" when actually all it means is an excuse to be a dick and try and legitimise behaviour. 

Example:

I don't want these people or people climbing on top of police vans and other issues to get what they want. I realise some people are absolutely fine but England fans are the worst. And it'll only be worse again should England win it. Why do you think we don't get to host the tournament? Because we're cocks.

Would love a smaller nation who have never won it to take it. Begging for a Belgium-Croatia final right now. 

Yeah videos don't play automatically so thats fine. Thanks for the effort though.

(I think it's bad news for the English game)
(We're not creative enough and we're not positive enough)

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming,
Football's coming home

(we'll go on getting bad results)

Football's coming home
Football's coming home
Football's coming home

Everyone seems to know the score, 
They've seen it all before
They just know, they're so sure
That England's gonna throw it away, gonna blow it away
But I know they can play,
'Cause I remember

Three lions on a shirt
Jules Rimet still gleaming
Thirty years of hurt
Never stopped me dreaming

So many jokes, so many sneers
But all those "oh so near's"
Wear you down, through the years
But I still see that tackle by Moore
And when Lineker scored, Bobby belting the ball
And Nobby dancing

Three lions on a shirt
Thirty years of hurt

(England have done it! In the last minute of extra time!)
(What a save, Gordon Banks!)
(Good old England, England that couldn't play football)
(England have got it in the bag)

I know that was then, but it could be again..

Footballs coming home
Footballs coming home

(England have done it)

Footballs coming home
Footballs coming home *REPEATED IN BACKGROUND*

Three lions on a shirt
Thirty years of hurt

Three lions on a shirt
Thirty years of hurt

Three lions on a shirt
Thirty years of hurt

No need to thank me, it's my pleasure

24 minutes ago, TBW said:

I'm a delight. 

Example:

So it isn't drink related where some take it too far, it's the England teams fault for playing well? 

28 minutes ago, screech said:

So it isn't drink related where some take it too far, it's the England teams fault for playing well? 

Never said it was. Said that because of England fans' inability to not be dicks the only solution is to just hope England do badly to alleviate the issue.

Another wonderful example:

Screenshot_20180708-114922_Facebook.jpg

47 minutes ago, TBW said:

Never said it was. Said that because of England fans' inability to not be dicks the only solution is to just hope England do badly to alleviate the issue.

Weird logic you have going on there. So it's nothing to do with people out on the piss being dicks. We live in bizarre times where you can link the unrelated to suit your agenda.

Well that young lady is wearing a crop top and shorts not an England top. Do we hope all blonde ladies are banned from our streets now, how do you know she is an England fan, and not an girl out on the piss getting carried away?

45 minutes ago, TBW said:

I dare say such exuberance occurred in pockets on VE Day. Does that mean the Allies were wrong to defeat Nazism and win WW2?

7 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I dare say such exuberance occurred in pockets on VE Day. Does that mean the Allies were wrong to defeat Nazism and win WW2?

You're comparing the defeat of a Nazi agenda and the massacre of millions to England reaching the next round?...

15 minutes ago, screech said:

Weird logic you have going on there. So it's nothing to do with people out on the piss being dicks. We live in bizarre times where you can link the unrelated to suit your agenda.

Well that young lady is wearing a crop top and shorts not an England top. Do we hope all blonde ladies are banned from our streets now, how do you know she is an England fan, and not an girl out on the piss getting carried away?

I don't wear a Bristol City shirt to games, doesn't mean I'm a neutral.

11 minutes ago, TBW said:

You're comparing the defeat of a Nazi agenda and the massacre of millions to England reaching the next round?...

Don't let the English morons spoil your own passion for the English team.  If the fans who drink too much are then absolute prats, so be it, you can still support the English football team with pride and passion.

1 hour ago, TBW said:

So your telling me incidents like this dont happen in other countrys? You obviously weren’t in Italy during the 2006 world cup. It was absolute carnage in some of the big citys, Naples in particular where i watched the semis and the final. Alcohol generally makes human beings behave like dicks regardless of nationality so please be quiet and remember where its coming.. HOME!

24 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Don't let the English morons spoil your own passion for the English team.  If the fans who drink too much are then absolute prats, so be it, you can still support the English football team with pride and passion.

I lost the passion years ago when the playing side did too and it's never come back. Since then fans seem to have some undeserved entitlement to being dicks or just constantly going on with the same jokes. It's like kids sat in the back of a car constantly asking "are we there yet?" I can't bring myself to associate with these people. It's like the sort of jokes the manager you hate in work makes and you feel like you should laugh just because they're your manager.

41 minutes ago, TBW said:

But one is either exuberant or one isn't. There aren't really levels of exuberance. When we make it to the World Cup semi final for the first time in 28 years I doubt those who indulge and get involved in high jinks think that they had better put a brake on their feelings because it isn't as massive or commendable as winning the battle against Nazi ideology. They are ecstatic. They are elated. They see the whole country sharing their joy and get carried away. It is an unfortunate by product of happiness. The alternative is to keep everyone in the doldrums and eventually risk the outbreak of riots, looting and general disorder. I know which I prefer.

12 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

But one is either exuberant or one isn't. There aren't really levels of exuberance. When we make it to the World Cup semi final for the first time in 28 years I doubt those who indulge and get involved in high jinks think that they had better put a brake on their feelings because it isn't as massive or commendable as winning the battle against Nazi ideology. They are ecstatic. They are elated. They see the whole country sharing their joy and get carried away. It is an unfortunate by product of happiness. The alternative is to keep everyone in the doldrums and eventually risk the outbreak of riots, looting and general disorder. I know which I prefer.

So first England reaching the next round is comparable to defeating a Nazi reign of power and now if people aren't allowed to jump on ambulances and throw stuff around Ikea they'll go out looting instead?... You're just reiterating why I should hate these people.

I started out a 16 year old teen falling in love with football in 89-90. This was a pretty glorious introduction to the teams of Super Bob and England in Italia 90. If you'd asked me then I would have said a second World Cup triumph would top anything else; maybe I thought that the more likely over City getting to the big time or winning a major trophy, but certainly the highs of almost winning in Turin were the most intense.

Like many, my love for England was progressively weakened over the years and I'd say that since 2010 constant lows left me barely interested before Russia 2018. Something remarkable has happened during this tournament however....the weather, shared celebrations with family or friends, the AG fan village and a team coming like a breath of fresh air have all combined to reignite my love for the Three Lions like never before.

If you said to me now City would go up guaranteed next season or England could win the World Cup I'd have to go with the latter. There will be season after season for City but there aren't many WCs in a lifetime. I keep imagining just how good the crest will look with 2 stars above it.

Archived