IGNORED

Smith against Man U or Dier penalty?

Danwal

Korey. I cheered like an absolute madman when we scored the pen last night and almost crippled myself hugging people. But Smith was the only ever goal that’s made me just stand, arms raised, in total silence. That’ll always stand out to me when I think about football. 

KS every time, the atmosphere, the opponents and the sheer joy and elation and not to mention the deafening noise as the ball hit the back of the net. My club and emotions of that great night as opposed to a penalty shoot out in the knock out phase of the WC.

Maybe different if it was the World Cup final!

Was at both games. After all the years of pain following England, I’d have to choose last night. Incredible celebrations in the England fans’ section of the stadium, made all the better as we were surrounded on almost all sides by Colombians who’d goaded us quite severely (and pelted us with missiles) after Mina’s equaliser.  

A no brainer for me, Korey’s. Number one for being there & number two was also being able to share that moment with my son ( who was asleep until I chucked him into the air!). I’ve seen that goal 100 times since, still don’t get bored of it. The scenes after, total euphoria. But just probably means that City mean more to me. COYR 

Korey all day long for me. 

Last night was brilliant and such a relief after all the shoot out misery, but to see us beat Man U was one of the greatest nights we’ll ever have. 

As others have said, if the same thing happens in the final then that will pretty much eclipse everything but that’s still a long way off. 

Archived