IGNORED

Is it just me or......

miloemily

Are we building a very good team with a good work ethic and shit  loads of pace? I think we should see some fast attacking play like the first half of last season and hopefully lj has learnt from some of the errors of last seasons fade of form. 

I think it may surprise a few on here .

Excited to watch how we go. 

2 minutes ago, miloemily said:

Are we building a very good team with a good work ethic and shit  loads of pace? I think we should see some fast attacking play like the first half of last season and hopefully lj has learnt from some of the errors of last seasons fade of form......

We had a good team with a great work ethic and lots of pace last season.....unfortunately long, miserable winless runs have seemed to follow LJ around in his managerial career to date...I’m trying so hard to be positive about whether LJ has learned how to stop this trend and of course I hope it won’t happen again...but it has happened too many times to inspire lots of confidence at this point in time....

My thoughts in January were we should seize this opportunity and buy players from clubs who were struggling. Hunt, Watkins, Weiman all very good signings for low fees from clubs weiman aside who struggled last year. The players rightly or wrongly will be looking at us as a step closer to promotion maybe? 

All seems very good at the moment. A decent holding midfielder next along with a keeper and I’ll be happy

Looks positive, seems we're getting more players in for the high press style of play which means we can rotate players so we shouldn't see the drop off due to having to play the same 16 or so players.

12 minutes ago, miloemily said:

Are we building a very good team with a good work ethic and shit  loads of pace? I think we should see some fast attacking play like the first half of last season and hopefully lj has learnt from some of the errors of last seasons fade of form

I think it may surprise a few on here .

Excited to watch how we go. 

...and the record breaking prev seasons run of form; seems he hasn't learnt much so far in 2 seasons;

very good team? a lot of changes does not make a good team only a manager signing the right players can do that, also only time will tell if LJ has indeed cracked it this season, he will have to get them together pretty soon now ...so we will see.

Give em time to gel till xmas then fine tune after is the norm......problem is there maybe a few other clubs who also want to be top dogs...

5 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

...and the record breaking prev seasons run of form; seems he hasn't learnt much so far in 2 seasons;

very good team? a lot of changes does not make a good team only a manager signing the right players can do that, also only time will tell if LJ has indeed cracked it this season, he will have to get them together pretty soon now ...so we will see.

Give em time to gel till xmas then fine tune after is the norm......problem is there maybe a few other clubs who also want to be top dogs...

I could name 23 other teams in fact. 

Think we can be positive.  New Arsenal physio plus a full team selected by our group of coaches.  None of us know what went wrong at Christmas, other than the never to be mentioned again transfer window. I am not convinced it was LJ losing the football plot. Think, personally, the success of the Manchester games went to some players' heads (Could they have been managed better, possibly), but I think this season LJ is building a proper Championship squad.  Sticking my neck right out maybe this is the best Championship squad since the promotion one assembled, after some time remember, by Alan Dicks

3 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

My thoughts in January were we should seize this opportunity and buy players from clubs who were struggling. Hunt, Watkins, Weiman all very good signings for low fees from clubs weiman aside who struggled last year. The players rightly or wrongly will be looking at us as a step closer to promotion maybe? 

All seems very good at the moment. A decent holding midfielder next along with a keeper and I’ll be happy

I'm very cautiously optimistic but with the caveat that it could so easily all turn to ashes. Fragile or solid? Time will tell us. 

Personally I think We defiantly need a new GK, also assuming we sign Hunt. Perhaps another ST depending on formation we're looking to play. Then if we were really pushing it then a CDM but it's not a priority assuming Pack stays. Then only a LB if Bryan leaves.

Apart from that, I think we'll have good cover all over the pitch. A lot of pace added to the squad which lacked with certain injuries last season. I don't think we'll miss the players who we've signed. I'm looking Up the table this season. 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Their teams finished mid table in the championship last season, is that now seen as ‘struggling’ ?

In January they were, Sheff wed were looking at the drop zone, Norwich were struggling in there terms as were expected to be up challenging for play offs.

So for there own expectations they were struggling and with the players ambitions we would have been seen as a step up. Semi final of the League Cup and 2nd in the league. 

2 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

In January they were, Sheff wed were looking at the drop zone, Norwich were struggling in there terms as were expected to be up challenging for play offs.

So for there own expectations they were struggling and with the players ambitions we would have been seen as a step up. Semi final of the League Cup and 2nd in the league. 

Apologies, I didn’t realise you were talking about those clubs and where they stood in January - makes sense now, cheers for clarifying...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies, I didn’t realise you were talking about those clubs and where they stood in January - makes sense now, cheers for clarifying...

Not a problem, it’s good signs picking these players up for relatively low fees meaning we can use the money saved on fees for the wages they require. Even then I can’t imagine they are on a shed tone a week. 

Archived