IGNORED

Decent Signings - However

BCFC1959

Have to say I think we have done some decent business. The signings bring obvious experience and the rest of the squad can hopefully kick on from the experience gained in the last season or so. However is the squad a tad inbalanced? I sincerely hope that Lloyd Kelly is given the chance to make the left back position his. If Joe Bryan is sold who will help Kelly on the left - O'Dowda? Being muted that maybe O'Dowda could be more effective centrally. If Bryan isn't sold I fear that LJ will be tempted to persist in playing him at left back. Bryan is not a defender and at best a inconsistent decent offensive player. The signings of Hunt, Watkins and Weimann seems to have shored up the right hand side of the squad - although appreciate that Weiman may be played up top so to speak. Signing a new Keeper would be great - although I am still annoyed at all the Sunday games etc etc!

23 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

At the moment it is, but we still have 7 weeks left in the window so I'm sure by September it'll be fine

Window for permanent transfers shuts just before premier league starts, loans can come in till end of August I believe. 

If Bryan is sold we'll replace him. 

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Window for permanent transfers shuts just before premier league starts, loans can come in till end of August I believe. 

If Bryan is sold we'll replace him. 

Ah right, completely forgot about that. 

Even still, I'm sure the management have it completely under control and replacements are lined up for Joe if he does go

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Ah right, completely forgot about that. 

Even still, I'm sure the management have it completely under control and replacements are lined up for Joe if he does go

Of course they will. There’s a long list of players in every position that they’ll have a lot of info on.

From that, plenty of targets.

It’s a matter of who is available, for what price and if there’s any competition to get that player. If things work then great. If not then there’s another player they’ll have lined up and so forth.

Watkins and COD both hard workers either would work in front of Kelly as of now my lineup would be(assuming Bryan leaves)

Fielding

Hunt Webster Baker Kelly

Watkins Brownhill Smith COD

Diedhiou Weimann

Think 442 will stay. Diedhiou being out 6 games is interesting though as may mean we need to change formation some. Possibly 4141 like this

fielding

Hunt Webster Baker Kelly

Pack

Watkins Brownhill Pato COD

Weimann

Good news is whatever we do, we will have the options to do it. Loads of versatile players that can do different things. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Watkins and COD both hard workers either would work in front of Kelly as of now my lineup would be(assuming Bryan leaves)

Fielding

Hunt Webster Baker Kelly

Watkins Brownhill Smith COD

Diedhiou Weimann

Think 442 will stay. Diedhiou being out 6 games is interesting though as may mean we need to change formation some. Possibly 4141 like this

fielding

Hunt Webster Baker Kelly

Pack

Watkins Brownhill Pato COD

Weimann

Good news is whatever we do, we will have the options to do it. Loads of versatile players that can do different things. 

Do you think Korey & Marlon may rotate a bit next season with Josh being the main man in midfield?

2 hours ago, westred1 said:

Where has this ODowda centrally link come from? Because he played there for Ireland in a friendly?

1. Because Martin O'Neill seems to think that is his best position and has been full of praise for him. He might know what he is talking about 

2. Because LJ mentioned he could play there when we signed him.

Now he is much stronger than when he joined he might suit in some version of 4-3-3. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Do you think Korey & Marlon may rotate a bit next season with Josh being the main man in midfield?

I do and possibly play dependent on matchups. Can see them both playing in certain matchups similar to how we played against Man U where seemed Korey was a bit further forward utilising his quickness to press and harrass. Maybe Pack playing when we will have loads of possesion and Korey playing when we feel we won’t be on the ball as much.

Personally, don’t mind “chopping and changing” depending on matchups, midweek games etc. Think 46 games is a tough ask for a few positions like the wide players and central midfielders

56 minutes ago, chinapig said:

1. Because Martin O'Neill seems to think that is his best position and has been full of praise for him. He might know what he is talking about 

2. Because LJ mentioned he could play there when we signed him.

Now he is much stronger than when he joined he might suit in some version of 4-3-3. We'll see.

Was a genuine question, didn't know where it had come from so cheers!

On 07/07/2018 at 11:46, Red Right Hand said:

Maybe. Although Marlon was decent last season not as mobile as others so will be interesting

Archived