IGNORED

Djuric - Signed for Salernitana CONFIRMED

Pisano The God

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

Agree seen him so little if he walked past me in the street doubt I would recognise him, says it all just one of those unfortunate players that seem to be injury prone, shame.

You would, he’s 6ft 6!

I like Djuric as a player but don’t think we have seen enough of him. Both groins operated on last season makes you wonder if this has restricted him from being of use going forward

If we sell him then so be it but hope we have someone lined up to back fill him

I thought the big Barnsley centre forward Kiefer Moore looked a handful and not just against us and would be a decent replacement for Djuric if we are after that sort of player

15 minutes ago, JoeUTC said:

In a Italian Newspaper this morning Saleritana are in talks with City over Djuric. 

I wouldn't be very happy to see him go . We got him put right as regards a longstanding injury and it's this year that we should see the benefits.

We did the same for GON it's a bit exasperating .

If this is true I can only imagine City are preparing the way for a big money signing ( Marriott ? ) or we are in for a completely different style of play next season.

Are City bringing in McGoldrick to replace Djuric ? 

It’s a difficult one. I genuinely wouldn’t want to see him leave as he is a great impact player who causes teams real issues. However I wouldn’t want him in first 11 as we become very route one when he is on the pitch (not his fault) and he severely lacks mobility.

Ultimately he is 28, an international footballer, is he really going to be happy playing 20 mins every week? I can see why this would happen. 

47 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I wouldn't be very happy to see him go . We got him put right as regards a longstanding injury and it's this year that we should see the benefits.

We did the same for GON it's a bit exasperating .

If this is true I can only imagine City are preparing the way for a big money signing ( Marriott ? ) or we are in for a completely different style of play next season.

Are City bringing in McGoldrick to replace Djuric ? 

I’m with you on this one - under rated player IMO.

He has been dangerous even when clearly unfit, the surgery was an unfortunate one, but not uncommon with sportsmen.

i think we would see a fully fit Duric this year, he’s ungainly but effective and tough against defenders.

This is looking more and more like a purge of players that perhaps LJ doesn’t feel were ‘his’

I wonder when Taylor Moore will slip away ...

Would be a shame to see him go, feel he’s got so much more to offer.

44 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Like I said on my Djuric thread, I'm hoping he is sold. Can't rely on him and doesn't fit into our passing style. Need a striker with movement and pace.

It’s possible to play a passing style with a big guy up top. It’s exactly what France and Belgium do. 

Aside from his injury problems it might well be the case that the big fella has not always enjoyed English football, given that almost every time he wins the ball in the air it results in a free kick for the opposition, even when he has won the ball fairly, due to his size. Genuinely felt for him several times last season when he was actually being held etc and the freekick went the other way. When the fella is clearly not a malicious or cynical type it must be hugely frustrating. Let's face it if he truly practiced the 'dark arts' Warrnock would have snapped him up!!!! :laughcont::laughcont:

Can remember when we signed him Cesena wanted us to take him on loan from jan to the end of the season with an option to but we decided to splash 1.5 million on him. How much will we be losing now? No doubt a talent but again more money wasted... 4 million on Gustav and Djuric, will we see even a million back? Crazy numbers when you look at it... 

1 hour ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

We must have a replacement lined up or this would leave us without a "target" man.

Maybe a season long loan from a Prem club ?

Cauley Woodrow - you heard it here first!

Seriously, if the money is right Milan will be sold - that is the model.

56 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s possible to play a passing style with a big guy up top. It’s exactly what France and Belgium do. 

Yep Milan is right up there with two strikers that cost £120m between them.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It is, but the tendency at our level is for players to see a big man up front and hoof high balls towards him.

Djuric was also asked whether he’d still be at City next season, with The Bosnian claiming he is happy to stay at Ashton Gate.

“I’m fine at Bristol,” Djuric said. “I would like to have a full season. I have a contract year with an option for another season. It’ll depend on the market.”

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think the Preston game showed how poor we are at passing the ball when we start with Djuric. When he was brought off at half time, we passed the ball so much better second half. To pass the ball on the deck forwards, we need movement. Djuric has no pace and very little movement. I don't think Djuric has had a good game when starting for us. Might be wrong with that, but I'd say he has had about 5 good sub appearances. Hull, Ipswich, Palace, ipswich, Rotherham. Can't think of any others, but it seems he's only really a 20 minute sub player, that isn't enough for me to take up a place in the squad, especially with his injury problems. Sound very harsh I know, but just don't think he fits in with a high pressing, passing game. 

Changed the game at Sunderland, they couldn’t handle him and good to have an impact player on bench if needed.  I agree with him not fitting the style of the team, but we do need that “other club in the bag” ((c) G. Johnson 2007-ish!) whether that is him or someone else.  Especially given our new found depth of wingers!

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

We have Diedhiou who certainly wins a lot of headers and holds the ball up. But I don't think we need a target man anyway. 

Diedhiou wins less than half the headers he goes for, Djuric wins 90%. Against Palace's premiership centre backs he was unplayable, if after his ops he could get close to that form (and accept this is unknown) he would be a tremendous asset.

Archived