IGNORED

Djuric - Signed for Salernitana CONFIRMED

Pisano The God

18 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

A ' must keep ' if he wants to stay . I believe there's no smoke without fire , 

I am surprised that we appear to have so many players now running into their last year of contract.

Is it any different to other clubs though? I see many fans of opposition complaining of the same problems.  

27 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Mark Ashton's award-winning negotiation hard at work.

Well.......it could be that MA is a very tough negotiator and adopts a 'take it or leave it'  position in line with SLs transfer strategy. The fact that players might move on is part of his stance and therefore acceptable.

Lets face it - players come and go twice every season and fans of all clubs tend to panic when better/senior players move on but just look at when Kodjia and then Tammy moved on - panic!!!!  but did those moves actually make a difference?    :dunno:

It'll be the same this season. Both Flint and Reid (£17m) have gone but City have signed a ball playing CB in Webster and an experienced RB along with several other attack minded players. Kelly has matured tremendously and will be another 'club in the bag'.

City will be fine next season.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Well.......it could be that MA is a very tough negotiator and adopts a 'take it or leave it'  position in line with SLs transfer strategy. The fact that players might move on is part of his stance and therefore acceptable.

The notion is completely acceptable. The proximity of these expiries is an issue that warrants a bit more than a shoulder-shrug as it would surely put more strain on him and his team to have to do these negotiations at one time.

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Have I missed something? He was found guilty of this offence....I’m not sure anyone is questioning his character...but he has been found guilty of spitting....so there must have been evidence of this....

I'm coming late to this conversation and have not read it all on this thread or others, but as others may have mentioned, it's all about intent.

Like it or not, every player spits multiple times during a game; it may be that one of Fammy's connected with a Brum player.

There is always that chance but that does not mean it was intentional, or worthy of a ban.

Fammy swears he didn't spit at anybody.

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm coming late to this conversation and have not read it all on this thread or others, but as others may have mentioned, it's all about intent.

Like it or not, every player spits multiple times during a game; it may be that one of Fammy's connected with a Brum player.

There is always that chance but that does not mean it was intentional, or worthy of a ban.

Fammy swears he didn't spit at anybody.

Wrong thread?

2 hours ago, swanker said:

Oh yes we do!.

Right. So we need 2 strikers that regularly score 20 goals a season.

Remind me, how many of the promoted teams last year had 2 strikers who scored 20 goals?

Our defence could end up being worse off without Flint but we won't need 2 strikers to score 20 goals to compensate for that.

Given Diedhiou's suspension the club don't need to sanction a move for Djuric until the end of August. If I were in charge I'd be telling Djuric he's got 6 games to win his place.

I know many would disagree with me here but I think the two big men could work together. Famara's not an out and out target man but could feed off Milan knock downs. Given we've strengthened the wings I think that would be effective. Obviously if we sign Marriott or someone similar then we would play them instead of Djuric.

2 minutes ago, numbeast said:

Given Diedhiou's suspension the club don't need to sanction a move for Djuric until the end of August. If I were in charge I'd be telling Djuric he's got 6 games to win his place.

I know many would disagree with me here but I think the two big men could work together. Famara's not an out and out target man but could feed off Milan knock downs. Given we've strengthened the wings I think that would be effective. Obviously if we sign Marriott or someone similar then we would play them instead of Djuric.

Doesn't window shut before the season starts?

1 hour ago, J D said:

Remind me, how many of the promoted teams last year had 2 strikers who scored 20 goals?

Our defence could end up being worse off without Flint but we won't need 2 strikers to score 20 goals to compensate for that.

It’s not that we need 2 strikers that will score 20 goals. What I’m a bit concerned about is, other than Fammy, do we have someone who will get into double figures?

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

It’s not that we need 2 strikers that will score 20 goals. What I’m a bit concerned about is, other than Fammy, do we have someone who will get into double figures?

We do really lack goals from midfield. 

1 hour ago, J D said:

Have I missed something 

Do we have one ?

We didn’t last season and as yet havnt one let alone 2 atm for next season

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Lets face it - players come and go twice every season and fans of all clubs tend to panic when better/senior players move on but just look at when Kodjia and then Tammy moved on - panic!!!!  but did those moves actually make a difference?    :dunno:

It'll be the same this season. Both Flint and Reid (£17m) have gone but City have signed a ball playing CB in Webster and an experienced RB along with several other attack minded players. Kelly has matured tremendously and will be another 'club in the bag'.

I agree we will be fine, as long as the 2nd half season' form' from the last is not replicated, but with another 'new look' team the slate is wiped clean, as it is with almost every other club.  So we start again, always hoping  for the best and you never know, we might be surprised.  We have after all signed a Premier league striker with bags of experience to replace BR and until it starts for real no one knows how things will pan out.  

3 hours ago, swanker said:

That's a better point. Though i'm not sure it's something worth being concerned over: Diédhiou alone will be fine imo.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have I missed something 

Do we have one ?

We didn’t last season and as yet havnt one let alone 2 atm for next season

True tbf, though Diédhiou would've done had it not been for injury imo. 

10 hours ago, Buckeyed said:

He showed against Palace that he is a good player, completely turned that game around for us.

Very much the case with that game, we were losing 0-1 to a confident Palace team, he came on for the injured FD, and within minutes he won the header that set up Matty Taylor's goal and then scored one himself.  Fairly safe to say that the financial consequences of winning that game and progressing in the cup more than paid off his fee.  Not forgetting the winning  goal v Rotherham in the previous season, which was a massive win and helped turn the corner in our fight against the dreaded drop.  

I would say that he has definitely proved his worth, would love to see him stay and show what he can do when fully fit.

5 hours ago, J D said:

Our defense was shit with Flint in it!

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Alan injured again all ready our right back 

On 16/07/2018 at 07:28, Chris_Brown said:

This nonsense about needing a 20 goal striker rears it's head again. Would be far better to have goals spread around the team than be reliant on one striker (again). 

We have had a (different) 20 goal striker every season for the last 5 and it doesn't seem particularly to correlate to where we finish. And we got to the playoff final in the relatively recent past with a top scorer of 8. 

Would be better to concede less, then we would;t need to have to score so many to get results.

When  you need 5 to get get a draw it tells you that scoring goals is not the problem.

3 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Very much the case with that game, we were losing 0-1 to a confident Palace team, he came on for the injured FD, and within minutes he won the header that set up Matty Taylor's goal and then scored one himself.  Fairly safe to say that the financial consequences of winning that game and progressing in the cup more than paid off his fee.  Not forgetting the winning  goal v Rotherham in the previous season, which was a massive win and helped turn the corner in our fight against the dreaded drop.  

I would say that he has definitely proved his worth, would love to see him stay and show what he can do when fully fit.

Arguably our most important goal of that season. Without it I fear we would have gone down, Chants of “you don’t know what you’re doing” when lj brought him on for Tammy. 

If he wants to stay (and I think that’s a big if as he is a 28 year old international who will start on the bench most weeks) then a definite keep for me. 

11 hours ago, frenchred said:

Our defense was shit with Flint in it!

It was average tbh. It was the 11th best in the league based on goals conceded. 

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You will never know that...impossible to prove....

True I suppose 

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

True, but if speculation wasn’t allowed this would be a deadly dull place!!

People love to speculate, why do you suppose you don't see a poor bookie? Most of us like the odd bet or two.

That said, when it comes to City  transfers I prefer to simply believe facts rather than the wild speculation we see everywhere in the media and of course the ever unreliable social media..........

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

People love to speculate, why do you suppose you don't see a poor bookie? Most of us like the odd bet or two.

That said, when it comes to City  transfers I prefer to simply believe facts rather than the wild speculation we see everywhere in the media and of course the ever unreliable social media..........

Which begs the eternal question RR, why do you continue to use this particular sub forum which is almost all ‘wild speculation’ by your definition?

When things become official (ie on the OS) they move to the main Football Chat.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Which begs the eternal question RR, why do you continue to use this particular sub forum which is almost all ‘wild speculation’ by your definition?

When things become official (ie on the OS) they move to the main Football Chat.

Tbh, PF, I don't actually know which sub forum or forum I'm in. It makes no difference to me.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Tbh, PF, I don't actually know which sub forum or forum I'm in. It makes no difference to me.

Let me explain then - the purpose of this sub forum (the one named Transfer Forum) is for rumours and general ‘wild speculation’. Probably not suitable for someone with your attitude towards ‘wild speculation’.

If said rumours become official - ie on the OS - they are then transferred to the main forum (the one named Football Chat), I’ve left some examples below for your reference. That would be more suitable for someone with your attitude towards ‘wild speculation’.

Archived