IGNORED

Djuric - Signed for Salernitana CONFIRMED

Pisano The God

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Is there still a limit to 25 players in a squad? If so, do we really want 6 strikers? One of those could well not even kick a ball all season. 

Keep a decent rotation between them and sell the worst 2 in January maybe? 

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Is there still a limit to 25 players in a squad? If so, do we really want 6 strikers? One of those could well not even kick a ball all season. 

We have 4 strikers (players who can only play that position.

I’m not counting Paterson or Weimann in that quota because it’s unclear how they’re going to be used.

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We have 4 strikers (players who can only play that position.

I’m not counting Paterson or Weimann in that quota because it’s unclear how they’re going to be used.

Paterson fair enough, but both LJ and Weimann himself have said in interviews since he joined that the plan is that he plays through the middle as a striker.

42 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Paterson fair enough, but both LJ and Weimann himself have said in interviews since he joined that the plan is that he plays through the middle as a striker.

I would class him in that same group as Paterson, Watkins, Adelukan, O'Dowda etc who, I imagine, will be used in both that Reid role (primarily in his case) and as wide players in a 4-2-3-1/4-4-2. 

I am expecting him to start centrally, but a bit more withdrawn than Djuric/Eisa/Taylor/Diedhiou.

For the sake of this - and that I think we'll play fairly fluidly - I was classing strikers as players who exclusively play as a striker. 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure there ever has been....there is in the Prem, but that allows ‘youngsters’ (whatever the definition is) to not be named in the 25, but still play.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not sure there ever has been....there is in the Prem, but that allows ‘youngsters’ (whatever the definition is) to not be named in the 25, but still play.

It's what you were classed as 25 years ago, Dave :laughcont:

Djuric is a sick note. He’s always only a kick away from two months on the couch and an operation. 

I like him as a player but he is simply not available enough. 

I would be inclined to cut and run if a deal can be negotiated with anyone that is prepared to take a risk on a glass football player. 

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Djuric is a sick note. He’s always only a kick away from two months on the couch and an operation. 

I would be inclined to cut and run if a deal can be negotiated with anyone that is prepared to take a risk on a glass football player. 

He had a problem with the groin which is a very complex area of the body. And if one side is operated on, the other side usually needs some work as well. That's what happened to Milan and that should allow him to make a full recovery and return to 100% fitness level. He us not a sick note as he gave everything even when operating under severe post op restrictions. 

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

He's not a sick note though.

Prior to joining us he'd never had any injury issues anything like what he has while here.

As CA says, it was an awkward area for an injury to be in and that exacerbated things.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

He's not a sick note though.

Prior to joining us he'd never had any injury issues anything like what he has while here.

As CA says, it was an awkward area for an injury to be in and that exacerbated things.

15 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He had a problem with the groin which is a very complex area of the body. And if one side is operated on, the other side usually needs some work as well. That's what happened to Milan and that should allow him to make a full recovery and return to 100% fitness level. He us not a sick note as he gave everything even when operating under severe post op restrictions. 

I thought I read that he has suffered groin problems for some time but it was only here that it was properly diagnosed and treated - the op(s) he had.

If this is the case, then he has had a good period since his op and a full pre-seasons, so there should be a good chance of us seeing him at his best - whether that will be good enough is another question. Of course, sod's law says we will sell him and someone else will see, and enjoy, the best of Milan!

21 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He has been out mainly since March of 17. Since then he has had three surgeries in total and has rarely played. 

He is clearly interested in moving and with a year left now is the time to let him go. 

In my opinion he is a glass player with limited availabilty carrying a doctors note for almost the entirety of his contract so far. If that’s his fault is another question!

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I thought I read that he has suffered groin problems for some time but it was only here that it was properly diagnosed and treated - the op(s) he had.

If this is the case, then he has had a good period since his op and a full pre-seasons, so there should be a good chance of us seeing him at his best - whether that will be good enough is another question. Of course, sod's law says we will sell him and someone else will see, and enjoy, the best of Milan!

As far as ai have been able to dig up, he missed a total of 9 games through injury in his senior career before joining us, and 8 of them were in a 34 day period which is an unusually high amount of games in a short time.

I believe Steve Allen said the injury was a deep lying one and had been hard for them to find. It's possible that Djuric had just been playing through a small amount of pain, or that the injury was only superficial up to that point. (Not sure I've worded that last bit well, hope you catch my drift).

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I thought I read that he has suffered groin problems for some time but it was only here that it was properly diagnosed and treated - the op(s) he had

CORRECT!

Highly Possible, He has a year left so likely unavoidable !

18 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

As far as ai have been able to dig up, he missed a total of 9 games through injury in his senior career before joining us, and 8 of them were in a 34 day period which is an unusually high amount of games in a short time.

I believe Steve Allen said the injury was a deep lying one and had been hard for them to find. It's possible that Djuric had just been playing through a small amount of pain, or that the injury was only superficial up to that point. (Not sure I've worded that last bit well, hope you catch my drift).

Having had pretty much the same injury, you can play undiagnosed for a good while, and even when you do know what it is, you can still play, deteriorating over time.

Its possible he was carrying it unbeknown in Italy, but the pure physicality and pace of Championship football exposed it.

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Just hope we have a replacement lined up as we looked very light weight up front today!

Light weight is a bit of an understatement...we were crying out for a number 9. There were a couple of times when we broke and no-one was in the middle. We can’t just rely on Diedhiou when he is back

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just seen this on a twitter feed from a Italian article. 

12650767-ACF9-46CD-B5DA-E34D8A578920.png

If he does go , as is looking likely , this will disappoint me seeing as we've sorted out his ' deep lying ' injury at great expense to the club , no doubt , and just as we get him right he wants to go . 

Another player who we won't see the best of at the club .

I suppose the Italian club are in competition with themselves for his signature so we just have to get the best deal possible for Bristol City and move on .

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

If he does go , as is looking likely , this will disappoint me seeing as we've sorted out his ' deep lying ' injury at great expense to the club , no doubt , and just as we get him right he wants to go . 

Another player who we won't see the best of at the club .

I suppose the Italian club are in competition with themselves for his signature so we just have to get the best deal possible for Bristol City and move on .

Yes mayor. Would definitly lose money on him for that price plus time and effort for his ops and rehab. 

Doesn't seem sensible for the club to sell unless the player really wants to leave. Havent made a profit transfer fees wise, plus money spent to get him fit puts at an even bigger loss. Personally I really rate djuric, give us another  option and I actually think his link up play is superb even if he's not the most mobile. 

Cant say I'd necessarily miss him if he did leave but will be disappointed that we didn't see more of him in a City shirt.

7 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Doesn't seem sensible for the club to sell unless the player really wants to leave. Havent made a profit transfer fees wise, plus money spent to get him fit puts at an even bigger loss. Personally I really rate djuric, give us another  option and I actually think his link up play is superb even if he's not the most mobile. 

Cant say I'd necessarily miss him if he did leave but will be disappointed that we didn't see more of him in a City shirt.

This is the great shame - none of us will miss him, because we never got to see how good he could be - he really changed my opinion last season when he came on and scored the winner at AG (can't remember vs who) - I think he could have been what Gary described as a useful club in the bag (or something similar). We should not sell at a loss even if he wants to go - there would be no point him sitting in the reserves and sulking after the club nursed him to something close to fitness. He always came across as a decent guy. 

Archived