IGNORED

Djuric - Signed for Salernitana CONFIRMED

Pisano The God

2 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

That’s Flinty, Joe, Bobby and Milan all gone. If I had been manager, that’s the spine of my team. So we’re now spineless as far as I’m concerned. 

So time for for our manager and scouting team to step up to the plate, don’t prevaricate like you did with Bentley (gk), Watkins and Dack (attacking midfielders) ... just go out and buy some Championship-ready quality players will you. Try ticking boxes that says things like injury-free, consistent performers, leaders, physically up to the job...etc.

Rebuilding a spine with three days left of the transfer window is a tall order. What a mess. 

Id start by raiding Brentford for Bentley. 

I don't think Brentford are 'raided' ever. They seem to be geniuses  - certainly much better than we are - at getting absolute top dollar for every player they sell. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bit of an exodus isn't it.

As well as the 3 stars, also Magnússon a useful squad player IMO with versatility and now Djuric...

@Phileas Fogg

Depends how you measure it, Amortisation etc reduces that somewhat. Shame he's off though, thought we never saw the best of him.

Of course, but generally football fans will only look at whether the club ultimately made a profit or loss on a signing. Clearly it's far more nuanced than that.

By that metric though, we stand to make a big loss on Djuric + a few extra thousand for his surgery and rehabilitation whilst here.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Of course, but generally football fans will only look at whether the club ultimately made a profit or loss on a signing. Clearly it's far more nuanced than that.

By that metric though, we stand to make a big loss on Djuric + a few extra thousand for his surgery and rehabilitation whilst here.

Agreed- yeah, big picture to the majority is down as a big loss and he wasn't fit too often.

For the record, the fee incoming seems to be about £625,000 based on a number of reports.

2 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

That’s Flinty, Joe, Bobby and Milan all gone. If I had been manager, that’s the spine of my team. So we’re now spineless as far as I’m concerned. 

So time for for our manager and scouting team to step up to the plate, don’t prevaricate like you did with Bentley (gk), Watkins and Dack (attacking midfielders) ... just go out and buy some Championship-ready quality players will you. Try ticking boxes that says things like injury-free, consistent performers, leaders, physically up to the job...etc.

Rebuilding a spine with three days left of the transfer window is a tall order. What a mess. 

Is it official that Joe and Milan have gone? I've not seen anything official.

So if I've got this right, he comes on as sub and is hugely influential in a number of results last season (Hull and Sunderland away, Palace, Ipswich at home, I'm sure there are others), offering game-changing strength, presence and aerial dominance that we lacked elsewhere in the squad.

We made a DECISION ("we’ve been putting it off" - LJ) to seek surgery for him to maximise his long term value to us, and which resulted in us chucking Flint up front in matches instead. He is now fit (& Flint is gone) and we are selling him having invested time and money to get him back.

As @Phileas Fogg has said, I find this far more depressing than the Joe Bryan thing. We clearly don't have a player like him elsewhere in the squad, for me he's never put a foot wrong, enhanced the team whenever involved (and we played to his strengths), and clearly had a lot more to offer.

LJ made a habit last season of reverting to a Djuric / Flint focal point if the team was struggling to create momentum in the opposition half. As direct as it was, it generally worked. We lacked such a Plan B on Saturday and if LJ thinks we can do without that option, he's a braver man than me.

14 minutes ago, Olé said:

So if I've got this right, he comes on as sub and is hugely influential in a number of results last season (Hull and Sunderland away, Palace, Ipswich at home, I'm sure there are others), offering game-changing strength, presence and aerial dominance that we lacked elsewhere in the squad.

We made a DECISION ("we’ve been putting it off" - LJ) to seek surgery for him to maximise his long term value to us, and which resulted in us chucking Flint up front in matches instead. He is now fit (& Flint is gone) and we are selling him having invested time and money to get him back.

As @Phileas Fogg has said, I find this far more depressing than the Joe Bryan thing. We clearly don't have a player like him elsewhere in the squad, for me he's never put a foot wrong, enhanced the team whenever involved (and we played to his strengths), and clearly had a lot more to offer.

LJ made a habit last season of reverting to a Djuric / Flint focal point if the team was struggling to create momentum in the opposition half. As direct as it was, it generally worked. We lacked such a Plan B on Saturday and if LJ thinks we can do without that option, he's a braver man than me.

No argument.

I felt when he was an unused sub v Bournemouth & Famara came on instead that his time with us was up, also him being apparently “injured” on Saturday saved LJ from presumably choosing between him & Eisa for a place on the bench..

I can only presume that an alternative “Plan B” is now on their way in?

5 more games, (4 in the league) so until Famara is back, any combination of Weimann, Paterson, Taylor or Eisa is just Plan A followed by more Plan A..

I can't criticise the club here, it boils down to the standard issue in football these days, contracts being worth very little if either player (or to a lesser extent), club want out. For a Div 2 Italian club to come asking suggests that agents have been doing some digging, probably on the behest of the Djuric, so clearly he wants out. Why keep a player who does not want to be here, contract or not? Elsewhere on the forum posters have been inferring the JB's head might not have been in the right place in the 2nd half of last season, so why would we want to potentially the same problem with another player.

I could see Djuric as being effective, and will need replacing, the key here is whether the club already has an alternative in mind, and given that this rumour of Djuric wants to return to Italy has been knocking around a little, perhaps they already have.

Barnsley had a target man who neither Wright or Baker could handle up at their place in March, Kieffer Moore. He might be a worthy punt, especially as he comes from the South West anyway, and we have a liking for Barnsley players.....

27 minutes ago, Olé said:

In fairness if LJ has said to the lad we see you as behind Famara in terms of position and we'll give you 15-20 minutes off the bench you can understand the pull of an Italian club who want to give him a starting place . 

A shame .

36 minutes ago, Olé said:

yep, more muddled thinking from the chosen one

4 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Surprised so many people like this post.  They weren’t the spine of the team: that would be gk, ch, cm, cf, so Fielding, Flint, Pack, Diedhiou and we still have three of them, plus a new goalkeeper and centre half.  I liked Djuric, but he never looked like holding down a regular spot, and if he wanted to go back to Italy, then fair play to him.

I agree we probably need to replace him, but I don’t see his loss as a big problem.  

Oh, and there was no prevarication with Dack: he turned us down (more than once).

37 minutes ago, Olé said:

If the guy wanted to return to Italy for family reasons, as I understand it, then we’ve done the right thing in facilitating his move.  Good luck to him.  

48 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Why are people upset or surprised, Hale hasn’t been a first team player spent most of the time injured and when fit he hardly started 

I think the reason people are a little disappointed in this transfer is because they feel they never got to see the best of him consistently. He's obviously a good player, and the club has invested time and money to get him to 100%. Whatever the reason, I think we're a far stronger squad with him around. He's got unique attributes none of the other forwards have and is a great option as a plan B.

25 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Why are people upset or surprised, Hale hasn’t been a first team player spent most of the time injured and when fit he hardly started 

Because it's another reason to moan, or a stick to beat the club with, obviously. 

Had we never heard of him, and we were the buying club looking at his record, the same characters would be up in arms at our even considering a non-statring, injury prone, low scoring ratio centre forward who doesn't fit our style.  

Frustrated to see Djuric leave, had hoped to see him play an important, injury free, role this season. 

Also as @Phileas Fogg says, a hit on the fee too if reported correctly.

Wonder if there is more to this than meets the eye? Personal issues for the player mentioned already.

Perhaps City have seen some scans that give long term injury worries still and want to cash in.

Perhaps we have a replacement in the wings and are happy to take a hit to free the wages.

Interesting that another of the "European experiment' players is off....

Time may tell, but on the face of it, a player that will be missed from the squad. 

7 minutes ago, The Chaplain said:

Because it's another reason to moan, or a stick to beat the club with, obviously. 

Had we never heard of him, and we were the buying club looking at his record, the same characters would be up in arms at our even considering a non-statring, injury prone, low scoring ratio centre forward who doesn't fit our style.  

People are allowed to question decisions of the club .  All I can see is legitimate queries as to what the thinking is here. Nothing else. 

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

People are allowed to question decisions of the club .  All I can see is legitimate queries as to what the thinking is here. Nothing else. 

It's a fair point and, of course, it's what a forum's for.  On balance I think I'd prefer to keep him too, but can certainly understand why he's going.  It just gets a bit wearing when the same people create a whole wave of negativity, often added to a touch of conspiracy .  Could be an interesting couple of days! 

1 minute ago, The Chaplain said:

It's a fair point and, of course, it's what a forum's for.  On balance I think I'd prefer to keep him too, but can certainly understand why he's going.  It just gets a bit wearing when the same people create a whole wave of negativity, often added to a touch of conspiracy .  Could be an interesting couple of days! 

It is indeed, and hopefully an exciting one. You cannot imagine the club will be letting these players leave, without having other players lined up in the wings...anyone checked the French leagues recently?

44 minutes ago, The Chaplain said:

Who we paid £1.4 m for If reports were correct

Plus the wages and expensive private surgery

Along with Engvall some serious money burners

6 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Djuric wants stability for his family, I suspect if we offered a 3 year deal he would stay. But that would equally upset a few on here as he’s not played as a number one choice.

I like Djuric and always thought he gave his all when coming on. But the games we’ve started with him the players seem to go long straight from the off. Was it Preston at home last season LJ took him off to try and stop them doing it? 

Yep. It's the thing that average defenders can deal with lumping long balls. 

Archived