IGNORED

Djuric - Signed for Salernitana CONFIRMED

Pisano The God

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Shame it never really worked out . Best of luck 

Unfortunately he was crocked with a double groin inury and out much of the season but from what I saw he definitely had something different to offer with his height.

City was his first and probably only time he’ll play abroad I expect.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Unfortunately he was crocked with a double groin inury and out much of the season but from what I saw he definitely had something different to offer with his height.

As a Bosnian based in Italy he’s spent his career playing abroad.

For a team that has struggled perennially with Plan B, getting rid of our only halfway proven Plan B is definitely ballsy. 

I mean I like passing, but when it just doesn't work and you can't play through them, what's the shout going to be then?

Or it's January, the pitch is cut up, it's chucking down, and you just want to win and establish some possession upfield.

I don't think of Diedhiou or Eisa as out and out target men who play with their back to goal and hold the ball up for fun.

His goal v Palace showed IMO he was better than just a guy to lump it up to. He was no Reid technically, but at the same time no big lump with nothing but height etc- somewhere in the middle for me.

Just to lump it up to him as we often did, a bit lazy but an easy trap to fall into when you have a big, physical striker.

Weinman scored regularly at villa playing alongside Benteke,  so hopefully similar results with Famara. Would have been interesting to see how a fully fit Duric played too. I don't think we wanted to sell,  but player pushed for it. Writing was on the wall not being in the Bournemouth friendly squad, and then not coming on against Forest,  even with good crosses coming into the box!

We need a similar type player in my opinion,  so will be interesting to hear from Lee regarding any loans incoming.

16 minutes ago, Olé said:

For a team that has struggled perennially with Plan B, getting rid of our only halfway proven Plan B is definitely ballsy. 

I mean I like passing, but when it just doesn't work and you can't play through them, what's the shout going to be then?

Or it's January, the pitch is cut up, it's chucking down, and you just want to win and establish some possession upfield.

I don't think of Diedhiou or Eisa as out and out target men who play with their back to goal and hold the ball up for fun.

I tend to agree and think the Coach is being idealistic, borderline naive, in wanting to pass his way to promotion as if we're Arsenal or Barcelona. He will counter by pointing to Fulham or Huddersfield.

One thing's for sure, players and fans alike are going to have to twiddle their thumbs while the Coach is given time by the owner to buy even more players (it being highly unlikely this year's crop are capable of top 6) or learn from bitter experience that he needs to have a proper Plan B for the scenarios you highlight. 

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I tend to agree and think the Coach is being idealistic, borderline naive, in wanting to pass his way to promotion as if we're Arsenal or Barcelona. He will counter by pointing to Fulham or Huddersfield.

One thing's for sure, players and fans alike are going to have to twiddle their thumbs while the Coach is given time by the owner to buy even more players (it being highly unlikely this year's crop are capable of top 6) or learn from bitter experience that he needs to have a proper Plan B for the scenarios you highlight. 

Depends who we get in as the loan striker doesn't it...

Good players can still play in the winter, in the rain- yes they need to tough it out a bit at times and adapt, but Fulham, Huddersfield, Wolves all showed a consistency of philosophy.

Might help if we didn't play (a rough) 4-4-2 though. Top 6 in this League with that shape is an uphill battle indeed.

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bar Italy? That’s abroad to him.

49 minutes ago, Olé said:

From what I’ve seen Fammy is the better target man. I think he holds up the ball well.

38 minutes ago, Super said:

Good luck to him seems a decent bloke.

The only thing that stops me agreeing with you is that he gave an interview to the Italian media making it clear he wanted to go back then claimed it wasn't true.

Better to keep your mouth shut than end up lying.

Shame he never got a run fit to show what he could do, but if he’s set on going back to Italy, better we pull that band aid off quickly, take what money we can, and find a player who wants to be here - still got the loan system to mine for that, and wouldn’t have said Djuric would have been ahead of Fam when he’s back anyway.

All the best to him.

Archived