IGNORED

Djuric - Signed for Salernitana CONFIRMED

Pisano The God

4 hours ago, samo II said:

Shame he never got a run fit to show what he could do, but if he’s set on going back to Italy, better we pull that band aid off quickly, take what money we can, and find a player who wants to be here - still got the loan system to mine for that, and wouldn’t have said Djuric would have been ahead of Fam when he’s back anyway.

All the best to him.

My thoughts exactly. But Milan was a beast when he came on. Gutted we aren't going too what a fit and happy Milan could do. 

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

We pumped long balls all day against forest and the one player who can hold the ball up is shoveled off for peanuts. 

Another waste of time transfer, these are racking up.

I agree, to sell Milan for less than we paid for him, minus the medical bills, makes this crap business. Another one who came here, probably on decent money, got fit and buggered off. A total waste of time and money. He made no secret of the fact he didn't want to be here.

Good riddance! :ranting:

So having sold our three best players in one window, we now go and sell the only player that offered us a Plan B.

To watch tedious dross like the Ipswich match with no hope of being lifted by something different fills me with horror.  

Think quite a few of us are going to be comatosed by our tippy, tappy lightweight football this season. Imagine this season’s  0-0 versus Ipswich ...... and to break the boredom.... here comes Pato.

Hats off to LJ and MA, I didn’t think you could do any worse than last January’s transfer window debacle. 

The game against Palace last season completely changed when he came on. He bullied their defence & we ended up winning 4-1.

You do need ‘different clubs in the bag’ as Lee himself has said many times. 

I quite liked Djuric, I’m disappointed that he’s gone, but if he wished to go back, there was no point in standing in his way. 

I really hope we sign someone similar to him/Wilbs because we look one very weak side at the moment & as others have said it’s a plan B. 

20 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Why do people blame the club/LJ because they didn’t keep a player here against his will?  

Possibly because he didn’t ‘manage’ them well. Played them in wrong position, not set up the team to play to the player’s strengths, didn’t play them, totally messed up the likely best chance to get to the Premier League in their City careers and as a consequence earn in Premier League salary .... numerous reasons. 

My greater concern is the Club not being ‘smart’ in spending the incoming fees. I still don’t think we have addressed the goalkeeper issue, we have a desperately ‘soft’ midfield, lack leaders and strong, physical players plus, following Milan’s departure, we now have no Plan B/C and are totally one-dimensional. Yet again we seem to have gone down the quantity not quality route - the polar opposite to the Cotts approach. 

If Plan A is sussed out by opposing managers, and most have already sussed it as our post-January results prove, we are in trouble. 

Anyhow fingers crossed that LJ has another Bobby Reid type Plan up his sleeve. Was really hoping this season we would not be hoping for luck, rather moving forward from a solid base with confidence. 

14 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Possibly because he didn’t ‘manage’ them well. Played them in wrong position, not set up the team to play to the player’s strengths, didn’t play them, totally messed up the likely best chance to get to the Premier League in their City careers and as a consequence earn in Premier League salary .... numerous reasons. 

My greater concern is the Club not being ‘smart’ in spending the incoming fees. I still don’t think we have addressed the goalkeeper issue, we have a desperately ‘soft’ midfield, lack leaders and strong, physical players plus, following Milan’s departure, we now have no Plan B/C and are totally one-dimensional. Yet again we seem to have gone down the quantity not quality route - the polar opposite to the Cotts approach. 

If Plan A is sussed out by opposing managers, and most have already sussed it as our post-January results prove, we are in trouble. 

Anyhow fingers crossed that LJ has another Bobby Reid type Plan up his sleeve. Was really hoping this season we would not be hoping for luck, rather moving forward from a solid base with confidence. 

I don’t think he played Djuric in the wrong position, did he?

Everyone is appearing to be jumping on the ‘no plan B’ bandwagon, which is fake news.  The notion that the only plan B is to hoof the ball up to a big lump is ridiculous.  Are there really only two ways of playing football?  Come on...

Djuric always appeared to be a trier, but let’s face it he only had a couple of good games for us.  His debut was very poor, and apart from the winner against Rotherham and his cameo against Palace, he struggled to make the grade.  He was not the dominant figure in the air that people make out - occasionally he looked sadly lacking in that department - his strength was probably his hold-up play, but then Diedhiou can do that too.

We have addressed the goalkeeping issue, by buying the Finn, and our ‘soft midfield’ is the one that played a World Cup winner into a state of acute frustration last December.

Was Djuric really the sole key to a plan B and a plan C?  We managed without him for most of last season, and i won’t miss the rather desperate tactic of putting Flint up front (which never achieved much).  As Forest showed after half time on Saturday, you don’t have to start hoofing the ball up in the air to achieve a different way of playing.  You can change your shape as well as your personnel, and I think we have options to do this.  Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a loan signing or two, as well.

i can’t understand where all the negativity is coming from.  Djuric was a bit-part player who won’t be missed.

3 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

So having sold our three best players in one window, we now go and sell the only player that offered us a Plan B.

To watch tedious dross like the Ipswich match with no hope of being lifted by something different fills me with horror.  

Think quite a few of us are going to be comatosed by our tippy, tappy lightweight football this season. Imagine this season’s  0-0 versus Ipswich ...... and to break the boredom.... here comes Pato.

Hats off to LJ and MA, I didn’t think you could do any worse than last January’s transfer window debacle. 

Another way of looking at it, is perhaps we’ll have the conviction to stick with our Plan A.

If only we’d put Plan A out vs Cardiff away instead of bottling it and trying to out-Warnock them. Swings and roundabouts. 

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Everyone is appearing to be jumping on the ‘no plan B’ bandwagon, which is fake news.  The notion that the only plan B is to hoof the ball up to a big lump is ridiculous.  Are there really only two ways of playing football?  Come on...

Djuric always appeared to be a trier, but let’s face it he only had a couple of good games for us.  His debut was very poor, and apart from the winner against Rotherham and his cameo against Palace, he struggled to make the grade.  He was not the dominant figure in the air that people make out - occasionally he looked sadly lacking in that department - his strength was probably his hold-up play, but then Diedhiou can do that too.

We have addressed the goalkeeping issue, by buying the Finn, and our ‘soft midfield’ is the one that played a World Cup winner into a state of acute frustration last December.

Was Djuric really the sole key to a plan B and a plan C?  We managed without him for most of last season, and i won’t miss the rather desperate tactic of putting Flint up front (which never achieved much).  As Forest showed after half time on Saturday, you don’t have to start hoofing the ball up in the air to achieve a different way of playing.  You can change your shape as well as your personnel, and I think we have options to do this.  Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see a loan signing or two, as well.

i can’t understand where all the negativity is coming from.  Djuric was a bit-part player who won’t be missed.

I just refer to the Ipswich home game. Us playing tippy tappy possession football against inept opponents and achieving absolute nowt. We were just banging our heads against a brick wall. No idea how to adapt to counter the opponents.

On came Duric, unsettled their defence, inch perfect cross to Milan from Kelly on the wing and bang. 1-0. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Another way of looking at it, is perhaps we’ll have the conviction to stick with our Plan A.

If only we’d put Plan A out vs Cardiff away instead of bottling it and trying to out-Warnock them. Swings and roundabouts. 

Another way of looking at it is to say if only we had appointed Warnock. We might still have Flinty, Joe and Bobby  with us and looking forward to watching Man City/Utd again this season. 

Anyhow, let’s make sure this season - to use a Warnockism - that the man with the golden ticket not only talks a good game but delivers a season’s worth of good games.

Here’s (genuinely) hoping with 30-plus LJ players and millions spent on transfers and wages under his tenure that we push on. 

No more pathetic-type January 2018 windows or troubling post-January form dips for us! Lessons learnt and all that. 

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I'd like all of this post if I had any reactions left, particularly this bit. Spot on.

I wish him well of course but losing a striker who scored 5 goals in 30 appearances is not a disaster.

24 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Another way of looking at it is to say if only we had appointed Warnock. We might still have Flinty, Joe and Bobby  with us and looking forward to watching Man City/Utd again this season. 

Anyhow, let’s make sure this season - to use a Warnockism - that the man with the golden ticket not only talks a good game but delivers a season’s worth of good games.

Here’s (genuinely) hoping with 30-plus LJ players and millions spent on transfers and wages under his tenure that we push on. 

No more pathetic-type January 2018 windows or troubling post-January form dips for us! Lessons learnt and all that. 

If my auntie had bollocks etc. etc. 

People need to get over the fact that Warnock isn’t and never will be our manager. 

Ultimately SL has gone public that he wants improvement on last seasons league position. Quite a big ask in light of the obscene amounts of money being chucked about by some of our peers. 

Let’s see what actually happens and go from there. You’d think people would stop trying to predict the championship, the only predictable thing about it is its unpredictability!

Ultimately if we don’t deliver a steady season that goes some way to showing consolidation - an aim which people should see as a positive - then SL needs to have the conviction to make a change at the top if his expectations (realistic or not) aren’t being met. 

Personally im quite excited to see what this season brings. I think we have a squad capable of playing good, attractive football. I don’t think we’re a top six club and thus my expectations are 7th-12th. For me that’s the natural bracket we presently occupy.

For me, anything above that would be an over achievement and anything much lower than 12th would be a disappointment. But what we do need to show is more consistency.

Simply put, LJ can’t afford another boom to bust run. 

Once is unfortunate, twice is uncanny, thrice and there’s only one outcome. 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

One key difference about our 'soft' midfield was in that game we were set up tactically differently to now.

We had Smith and Pack in the centre...but also Brownhill on the right and given his ability to come inside...plus one, arguably 2 centre backs as full backs and lastly Paterson behind Reid.

Whereas when we go for a more orthodox 4-4-2, it creates problems- see Leeds at home, see Preston at home as 2 examples as to how it can leave us too open. Sheffield United first half too at home, it was noticeable- that's not necessarily due to the personnel IMO, that's due to poor tactics.

As for the Plan B, think it was piecemeal and fairly basic tbh. Had the range of players to develop a better one I'd say.

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

I just refer to the Ipswich home game. Us playing tippy tappy possession football against inept opponents and achieving absolute nowt. We were just banging our heads against a brick wall. No idea how to adapt to counter the opponents.

On came Duric, unsettled their defence, inch perfect cross to Milan from Kelly on the wing and bang. 1-0. 

That was Rotherham, wasn’t it?  I agree as regards that match, but mostly he didn’t have that effect and in any case I think Diedhiou is capable of playing the long ball game.

Don’t get me wrong, I think we are missing a physical presence up front, but I would hope that it would be someone with pace and mobility, rather than Milan’s rather static presence.  Who these days in the Prem plays with a big lump of a Centre forward?

Of course, Tammy would beyond perfect...

3 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

following Milan’s departure, we now have no Plan B/C and are totally one-dimensional. 

Anyhow fingers crossed that LJ has another Bobby Reid type Plan up his sleeve.

Exactly. Probably Djuric wanted to go also because he wasn't a first choice,but I considered him the first alternative to Fammy and even more useful than him in terms of  tactics. Shame to see him go.

• Admin
1 hour ago, devoncider said:

interesting that Salernitana haven't announced this yet

6 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Doubtless looking for a bad news day in which to bury the announcement.....

@devoncider

https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/salernitana/?action=read&idtmw=1144259

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/milan-djuric/profil/spieler/67556

1 minute ago, City Cat said:

Yeah agreed... I was right in line behind the goal at Sunderland last year when he scored a classic, powerful, centre forward goal, almost smashing a defender into the goal at the same time.

We need that kind of power up front against physical sides. Such a shame about his fitness whilst with us. I wonder if he HAD been fit and ultimately knocking them it on a regular basis whether he would have pined so much for Italy....I think not.....

Good luck to him...

5 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That was Rotherham, wasn’t it?  I agree as regards that match, but mostly he didn’t have that effect and in any case I think Diedhiou is capable of playing the long ball game.

Don’t get me wrong, I think we are missing a physical presence up front, but I would hope that it would be someone with pace and mobility, rather than Milan’s rather static presence.  Who these days in the Prem plays with a big lump of a Centre forward?

Of course, Tammy would beyond perfect...

Defo. Ipswich. 90 minutes that felt like 90 days.

Personally, I think Milan offered a lot more than a lump it to him centre forward. But there we go, he won’t be showing his skills at AG again unfortunately.

Archived