IGNORED

Djuric - Signed for Salernitana CONFIRMED

Pisano The God

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Is that roughly what we paid for him? If so, then given his availability record: sell.

About half, we paid £1.5m, but as you say, his availability record has been poor, so didn’t expect anyone to offer us our money back.

I reckon we will be tempted.

25 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Is that roughly what we paid for him? If so, then given his availability record: sell.

No way .  He is fit for the first time ever as we've nailed his groin problem.

Give him at least until  Christmas to see what he's capable of and if he doesn't step up then sell .

I believe in the lad though . I think we have a very good player on our books.

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

About half, we paid £1.5m, but as you say, his availability record has been poor, so didn’t expect anyone to offer us our money back.

I reckon we will be tempted.

His availability should no longer be a problem after his two operations.

If it still is then OK but I think he's a good player .

I think we’ll move him on. Whether we accept €700k or hold out for more, no idea, but I think he’s too one dimensional for the way LJ wants us to play. 

That’s not to say I wouldn’t keep him, but even if fit I can’t see him being a regular starter over Diedhiou, Taylor, Weimann plus the other versatile ‘forwards’. 

If he does go, there must be a question mark as to why we signed him in the first place. 

Not sure why we'd want to sell the type of player who you'd have as an automatic starter if Diédhiou is unavailable, and let's face it Diédhiou is going to be unavailable until September. He's big, has that unique way of softening up a pair of big centre halves, is great in the air and if we're going to be playing with wingers is exactly who we'd be looking to sign to give Diéhiou a run for his money, plus he's apparently fit for the first time since we've had him. 

39 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Not sure why we'd want to sell the type of player who you'd have as an automatic starter if Diédhiou is unavailable, and let's face it Diédhiou is going to be unavailable until September. He's big, has that unique way of softening up a pair of big centre halves, is great in the air and if we're going to be playing with wingers is exactly who we'd be looking to sign to give Diéhiou a run for his money, plus he's apparently fit for the first time since we've had him. 

Ooooh errrrrrr missus!!!

Sounds almost definite he is on his way

Clearly LJ thinks he is superfluous to requirements

Either he thinks we are now OK or else the fee received will help to secure an upgrade. I incline to the latter view personally but we’ll see

1 hour ago, Lord Northski said:

Is he an automatic starter when Diedhiou not available / rested?

I’m not so sure.  As I said above, I like Djúric, but we seem to have brought in the likes of Watkins and Adelakun to provide a bit of extra power / strength / physicality along the forward line, that it wouldn’t surprise me if we wanted another striker of the more pacy variety to supplement Weimann.

The ‘press’ is not as effective with Diedhiou and goes out of the window with Milan.

A lot will of course depend on what assurances LJ has give him re game-time.

Certainly a good match-day squad option, but might we be able to use his wages better?

Tough one to call what’s best.

1 hour ago, YorksRed said:

I wonder if it’s more about him just wanting to return to Italy to be honest.  Think that’s his “home”?

I think this is the crux of it TBH. He also wants to get back in the Bosnian side so regular game time somewhere where he can easily be watched by their staff might swing it.

I can’t see us too keen to lose money on another one, and he has a month to cement his place in the first team. When fit he is a beast, hardly loses a header and holds the ball well, chipped in with goals too. I think we’ll want more if he does go and probably Jan. that could change if we spend on another striker but I’m doubt about that.

32 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think city want to sell now. LJ responded by saying 'we will have to see'. Doesn't sound like he is desperate to keep him, in fact I think he wants to sell as he wants another forward. 

I’m definitely anticipating another striker coming in and not one to just make up the numbers. We need another 20 goals a season striker on board. 

On 13/07/2018 at 01:06, Ivorguy said:

Sounds almost definite he is on his way

Clearly LJ thinks he is superfluous to requirements

Either he thinks we are now OK or else the fee received will help to secure an upgrade. I incline to the latter view personally but we’ll see

Paying an Italian club may be straightforward; being paid by one may be somewhat less so. I suspect if this is a genuine goer its about payment and a Serie B team will likely be saying 'sure you can have all the money upfront but the fee we offer will be much less'. City are holding out for more so its a game of wait and see as to who blinks first.

It would seem for family reasons, if nothing else, Djuric would like a return to Italy and Salernitana, but understands it will not be easy with Diedhiou’s ban unless we bring in another striker. I wouldn’t be opposed to him leaving if that’s what he wants, but we would have to accept that from the targets spoken about we won’t have a ‘big man’ option for the first 6 games. 

On 13/07/2018 at 07:36, swanker said:

I’m definitely anticipating another striker coming in and not one to just make up the numbers. We need another 20 goals a season striker on board. 

Don't need one. We've got Diédhiou.

If Djuric goes we do need a back up striker though 

4 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

It would seem for family reasons, if nothing else, Djuric would like a return to Italy and Salernitana, but understands it will not be easy with Diedhiou’s ban unless we bring in another striker. I wouldn’t be opposed to him leaving if that’s what he wants, but we would have to accept that from the targets spoken about we won’t have a ‘big man’ option for the first 6 games. 

Strange interview publicised on the Post website. 3 months ago he was quoted as saying he wanted to spend his career here!

17 minutes ago, devoncider said:

not sure if been mentioned in this thread - but Djuric is out with City in Marbella. May mean nothing, as of course he can easily fly to Italy if necessary, but certainly suggests any deal is a fair way off

I must say i'm a little disappointed in Djuric , we've sorted his longstanding injury out and been very patient with him and now he wants out ? 

Does he really feel that he's given the club good value for our money ? 

As others have said though , if he wants out then let him go. In the Championship you need players giving their all not just going through the motions. 

Bye bye Milan . :sub:

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I must say i'm a little disappointed in Djuric , we've sorted his longstanding injury out and been very patient with him and now he wants out ? 

As others have said though , if he wants out then let him go. In the Championship you need players giving their all not just going through the motions. 

Do we definitely know that he wants to force a move?

Also do we definitely know that we have indeed sorted his injury problems?

34 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

How do you know he wants to leave?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just seen the BP article.

6 hours ago, Alex#40 said:

AF838316-7696-4C99-A6ED-FCA883E143F8.png

This is good enough for me.

We know all know how bad the local rag is.

Maybe the interview was transcribed incorrectly, or is it a case of Milan making a 25th hour retort claiming the story was incorrect in claiming Djuric wanted to leave City.

If it was me, I'd be looking into legal proceedings against the said newspaper. 

It could of course provide the ideal smokescreen for Milan to move. 

Maybe along the lines of......."After the interview with the post and the incorrect reporting of my interview, I thought the fans would be against me, I had no choice to move on"........Or something.

Archived