IGNORED

Djuric - Signed for Salernitana CONFIRMED

Pisano The God

9 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

This is good enough for me.

We know all know how bad the local rag is.

Maybe the interview was transcribed incorrectly, or is it a case of Milan making a 25th hour retort claiming the story was incorrect in claiming Djuric wanted to leave City.

If it was me, I'd be looking into legal proceedings against the said newspaper. 

It could of course provide the ideal smokescreen for Milan to move. 

Maybe along the lines of......."After the interview with the post and the incorrect reporting of my interview, I thought the fans would be against me, I had no choice to move on"........Or something.

Or maybe it's true, it seems strange that every single ingredient was in the transcribed piece, kids, Diedhiou etc.

On 13/07/2018 at 07:36, swanker said:

We need another 20 goals a season striker on board. 

8 hours ago, J D said:

Don't need one. We've got Diédhiou.

With due respect, Diedhiou has only ever notched 20+ goals in a season on one occasion in his career....in Ligue 2 in 2015/2016....apart from that season he hasn’t ever got anywhere close to 20 goals in a season throughout his career - so a bit early to pronounce ‘we don’t need’ a 20 goal a season striker because ‘we’ve got Diédhiou’ ?? 

He’s never, ever been close to being a prolific goalscoring striker throughout his career....and now he’s banned for six games for a despicable, disgusting act....you seem confident that he’s the finished article and is a ‘20 goal a season’ striker - I’m not, he’s never been one of those, since 2012......

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

With due respect, Diedhiou has only ever notched 20+ goals in a season on one occasion in his career....in Ligue 2 in 2015/2016....apart from that season he hasn’t ever got anywhere close to 20 goals in a season throughout his career - so a bit early to pronounce ‘we don’t need’ a 20 goal a season striker because ‘we’ve got Diédhiou’ ?? 

He’s never, ever been close to being a prolific goalscoring striker throughout his career....and now he’s banned for six games for a despicable, disgusting act....you seem confident that he’s the finished article and is a ‘20 goal a season’ striker - I’m not, he’s never been one of those, since 2012......

In fairness to Famara his goals per game ratio last season put him on course to get very near the 20 goal mark had he not picked up a nasty injury that sidelined him for more than a quarter of the season.

You seem to not be a fan of him.. you mention the despicable, disgusting act....but fail to acknowledge that he may be innocent of it given that there appeared to be no concrete evidence he'd actually committed said act.  If he had done it then yes, he deserves his ban, but the evidence against him seems flimsy at best.  On the face of it it's a harsh ban given the evidence allegedly available. 

I wonder if your apparent opinion of him clouds your judgement a little (apologies if I'm reading you wrong) as his strike rate last year for a debut season in a new country that was hampered by a nasty injury was, on the face of it, excellent.

26 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

You seem to not be a fan of him.. you mention the despicable, disgusting act....but fail to acknowledge that he may be innocent of it....

Of course I’m a fan of Fammy’s - I’m a City fan so I’m a fan of all our players....when you say he may be innocent of the spitting incident, you don’t seem to be aware that he was found guilty...the FA’s disciplinary panel is modern and includes top lawyers with lots of experience involving sport in general and football specifically...... there is no way a player would be given a six match ban with no evidence being offered...hence why I called Fammy’s misdemeanour a despicable, disgusting act, which is what spitting at an opponent is....

This nonsense about needing a 20 goal striker rears it's head again. Would be far better to have goals spread around the team than be reliant on one striker (again). 

We have had a (different) 20 goal striker every season for the last 5 and it doesn't seem particularly to correlate to where we finish. And we got to the playoff final in the relatively recent past with a top scorer of 8. 

9 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

In fairness to Famara his goals per game ratio last season put him on course to get very near the 20 goal mark had he not picked up a nasty injury that sidelined him for more than a quarter of the season.

You seem to not be a fan of him.. you mention the despicable, disgusting act....but fail to acknowledge that he may be innocent of it given that there appeared to be no concrete evidence he'd actually committed said act.  If he had done it then yes, he deserves his ban, but the evidence against him seems flimsy at best.  On the face of it it's a harsh ban given the evidence allegedly available. 

I wonder if your apparent opinion of him clouds your judgement a little (apologies if I'm reading you wrong) as his strike rate last year for a debut season in a new country that was hampered by a nasty injury was, on the face of it, excellent.

Actually Diedhiou had a better strike rater than Bobby Reid last season: 13 goals from 28 starts (with 4 sub appearances) compared to 19 goals from 46 starts.  Arguably Djuric had an even better strike rate (3 from 4 starts, with 12 sub appearances).

19 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I must say i'm a little disappointed in Djuric , we've sorted his longstanding injury out and been very patient with him and now he wants out ? 

Does he really feel that he's given the club good value for our money ? 

As others have said though , if he wants out then let him go. In the Championship you need players giving their all not just going through the motions. 

Bye bye Milan . :sub:

I'm disappointed with this as well, he has been a sicknote ever since he has been here. He has had two operations and was out most of last season... yes he can go as far as i'm concerned but pay back the money for your operations and your time off last year, and as for his family reasons you knew of those before you signed. 

12 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

This is good enough for me.

We know all know how bad the local rag is.

Maybe the interview was transcribed incorrectly, or is it a case of Milan making a 25th hour retort claiming the story was incorrect in claiming Djuric wanted to leave City.

If it was me, I'd be looking into legal proceedings against the said newspaper. 

It could of course provide the ideal smokescreen for Milan to move. 

Maybe along the lines of......."After the interview with the post and the incorrect reporting of my interview, I thought the fans would be against me, I had no choice to move on"........Or something.

Bristol post just copied the interview from the Italian paper, they didn’t do the interview

22 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I believe the Guy is innocent after he swore on his families lives, if however he is guilty than that would be worse than the offence he got stitched up on. 

40 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well he was found guilty....so there must have been sufficient evidence...

The standard of proof the FA require is 'on the balance of probabilities' - that means 51:49. I'd be surprised if that's sufficient for anyone to question his character, given his vehemont defence. 

47 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well he was found guilty....so there must have been sufficient evidence...

Despite scrutiny there is nothing to suggest he is guilty to the fans, which I find very odd. The aftermath of the hearing was one of frustration felt by City, IF evidence was submitted they would have been content with the outcome. 

It stinks.  

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

The standard of proof the FA require is 'on the balance of probabilities' - that means 51:49. I'd be surprised if that's sufficient for anyone to question his character, given his vehemont defence. 

Have I missed something? He was found guilty of this offence....I’m not sure anyone is questioning his character...but he has been found guilty of spitting....so there must have been evidence of this....

55 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Have I missed something? He was found guilty of this offence....I’m not sure anyone is questioning his character...but he has been found guilty of spitting....so there must have been evidence of this....

What interests me is the deafening silence from the opposition player apparently concerned. You would have thought we would have heard at least something of his side of the story? The appeal was always on a hiding to nothing, the FA would have needed heavy evidence he didn't spit in order to overturn their original verdict, no matter how doubtful the original evidence. They see it as a sign of weakness if they have to change their minds.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, you have. There needn't be any 'evidence' of it for the FA process - one word against another could be enough for 'balance of probabilities'. There's evidence to suggest it may have happened. 

Milan is saying there's nothing in it. He's an intense man and I  believe him. People calling him a sick note are way off. Look at all the crucial operations he has had in painful areas. It's not like he just had a few minor knocks.I'm convinced he is grateful for all the Club did for him.  If he does go I will be very disappointed that no-one at the Club could persuade him he has a future at BCFC. He should have with what he offers. Has everybody forgotten about the goal at Brighton?

41 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Milan is saying there's nothing in it. He's an intense man and I  believe him. People calling him a sick note are way off. Look at all the crucial operations he has had in painful areas. It's not like he just had a few minor knocks.I'm convinced he is grateful for all the Club did for him.  If he does go I will be very disappointed that no-one at the Club could persuade him he has a future at BCFC. He should have with what he offers. Has everybody forgotten about the goal at Brighton?

What goal??? He didn’t score down there. Brownhill did.

8 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Are you thinking of Sunderland? Brighton. Sunderland. Easily confused!

On 15/07/2018 at 16:48, swanker said:

I said another. 

We don't need another.

On 15/07/2018 at 21:29, BS4 on Tour... said:

He would've scored 20 had he not been injured.

On 16/07/2018 at 07:28, Chris_Brown said:

This nonsense about needing a 20 goal striker rears it's head again. Would be far better to have goals spread around the team than be reliant on one striker (again). 

We have had a (different) 20 goal striker every season for the last 5 and it doesn't seem particularly to correlate to where we finish. And we got to the playoff final in the relatively recent past with a top scorer of 8. 

Agree completely. Pretty sure 18 teams in our league didn't have a striker who scored 20 goals last season.

12 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Bail yourself out Djuric. No one want's you here.

I do. He's such a pain in the opposition's backside when he's fit 

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well the fact that he swore on the lives of his kid's he didn't do it.

Good enough for me, and should be for you too.

On 16/07/2018 at 08:13, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Actually Diedhiou had a better strike rater than Bobby Reid last season: 13 goals from 28 starts (with 4 sub appearances) compared to 19 goals from 46 starts.  Arguably Djuric had an even better strike rate (3 from 4 starts, with 12 sub appearances).

However, Reid brought more to the team IMO.

The goals are the key indicator yes. However, his assists, his technical ability and crucially during our golden period his triggering of the press.

Not knocking the abilities of Djuric and Diedhiou but Reid brought a lot last season, undoubtedly.

37 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

Not many players can do what Duric does best. He never seems to lose a header and holds the ball up well. He offers what no one else does in our squad. A must keep for me.

A ' must keep ' if he wants to stay . I believe there's no smoke without fire , 

I am surprised that we appear to have so many players now running into their last year of contract.

Archived