Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Pisano The God

Djuric - Signed for Salernitana CONFIRMED

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Me too. 

Immense in the air. With Eliasson now pinging in worldy crosses its just made for Djuric to show his aerial dominance. 

Ah well, apparently its all for the good of the club! :facepalm:

The player wants to return to Italy having suddenly remembered he has children it seems.

What is the club supposed to do?

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The player wants to return to Italy having suddenly remembered he has children it seems.

Wonder how we got to this position in the first place?

I doubt it is the whole story, but we will never know.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I am sure the main reason is that the Italian club have offered him regular first team football, want to pair him up with his old strike partner whereas at City he was unlikely to be a starter in front of Diedhou.

I doubt he'll earn more money there but will be closer to his roots and family .

I don't blame him but I am sad that we've not seen the best of him .

He could have scored a fair few this season and been sold for a healthy profit at the end.

One other point , how do we suddenly find ourselves with so many players with only one year left on their contracts ?

Not a strong position for the club to be in .

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Not a lot. 

But selling your best, dominant players may seem good business and certainly alluded to this happening in the summer. 

Replacing withchampionship experience is good, for a change. However we have no dominant CB’s, nothing better than last year in CM and weaker upfront. 

LB and a Striker expected today please!

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

Dud signing. Permanently injured. Some but limited impact on the pitch. He goes at a significant loss. 

Poor poor signing

Yep. Another in the "didn't work out" file.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

It’s becoming I thick file!

Yes because we never signed any duds before the current regime, did we?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is the thing, it doesn't have to be announced or nailed down today.

Fairly sure we can sell to Europe until end of August.

Italian window closes on August 17th.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is the thing, it doesn't have to be announced or nailed down today.

Fairly sure we can sell to Europe until end of August.

Correct, almost. I think Italy is August 17th.

20 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

£900k according to Gregor earlier today is a loss but at least double their initial offer so could have been worse.

Is that Gee adding the €630k / £600k to the £300k wages per annum and getting £900k....or have they genuinely offered £900k

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Shame it never really worked out . Best of luck 

Unfortunately he was crocked with a double groin inury and out much of the season but from what I saw he definitely had something different to offer with his height.

City was his first and probably only time he’ll play abroad I expect.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Unfortunately he was crocked with a double groin inury and out much of the season but from what I saw he definitely had something different to offer with his height.

As a Bosnian based in Italy he’s spent his career playing abroad.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

For a team that has struggled perennially with Plan B, getting rid of our only halfway proven Plan B is definitely ballsy. 

I mean I like passing, but when it just doesn't work and you can't play through them, what's the shout going to be then?

Or it's January, the pitch is cut up, it's chucking down, and you just want to win and establish some possession upfield.

I don't think of Diedhiou or Eisa as out and out target men who play with their back to goal and hold the ball up for fun.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

This is the worst bit of business we have done this summer by a country mile.

Jeez................:disapointed2se:

What your actual point? 

His goal v Palace showed IMO he was better than just a guy to lump it up to. He was no Reid technically, but at the same time no big lump with nothing but height etc- somewhere in the middle for me.

Just to lump it up to him as we often did, a bit lazy but an easy trap to fall into when you have a big, physical striker.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

Weinman scored regularly at villa playing alongside Benteke,  so hopefully similar results with Famara. Would have been interesting to see how a fully fit Duric played too. I don't think we wanted to sell,  but player pushed for it. Writing was on the wall not being in the Bournemouth friendly squad, and then not coming on against Forest,  even with good crosses coming into the box!

We need a similar type player in my opinion,  so will be interesting to hear from Lee regarding any loans incoming.

16 minutes ago, Olé said:

For a team that has struggled perennially with Plan B, getting rid of our only halfway proven Plan B is definitely ballsy. 

I mean I like passing, but when it just doesn't work and you can't play through them, what's the shout going to be then?

Or it's January, the pitch is cut up, it's chucking down, and you just want to win and establish some possession upfield.

I don't think of Diedhiou or Eisa as out and out target men who play with their back to goal and hold the ball up for fun.

I tend to agree and think the Coach is being idealistic, borderline naive, in wanting to pass his way to promotion as if we're Arsenal or Barcelona. He will counter by pointing to Fulham or Huddersfield.

One thing's for sure, players and fans alike are going to have to twiddle their thumbs while the Coach is given time by the owner to buy even more players (it being highly unlikely this year's crop are capable of top 6) or learn from bitter experience that he needs to have a proper Plan B for the scenarios you highlight. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I tend to agree and think the Coach is being idealistic, borderline naive, in wanting to pass his way to promotion as if we're Arsenal or Barcelona. He will counter by pointing to Fulham or Huddersfield.

One thing's for sure, players and fans alike are going to have to twiddle their thumbs while the Coach is given time by the owner to buy even more players (it being highly unlikely this year's crop are capable of top 6) or learn from bitter experience that he needs to have a proper Plan B for the scenarios you highlight. 

Depends who we get in as the loan striker doesn't it...

Good players can still play in the winter, in the rain- yes they need to tough it out a bit at times and adapt, but Fulham, Huddersfield, Wolves all showed a consistency of philosophy.

Might help if we didn't play (a rough) 4-4-2 though. Top 6 in this League with that shape is an uphill battle indeed.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

43 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Bar Italy? That’s abroad to him.

49 minutes ago, Olé said:

From what I’ve seen Fammy is the better target man. I think he holds up the ball well.

**** a target man, what we need is a proven quality striker.

Weimann not a goalscorer, eisa completely unproven at this level, Taylor 3 goals in 5000 games, Diedhiou has the touch of a .... we need proven quality up there 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Super said:

Good luck to him seems a decent bloke.

The only thing that stops me agreeing with you is that he gave an interview to the Italian media making it clear he wanted to go back then claimed it wasn't true.

Better to keep your mouth shut than end up lying.

7 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

Sorry to see him go, don't think we ever saw the best of him

Agree. My favourite memory of Milan was against Cardiff, when he held off 3 defenders to allow Flinty to wack in the header!

Very risky move from what I understand of the quality of Italian medical facilities. Recuperating in sunshine however.....

8 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

We don't have a plan B

If plan B is lump it in the direction of a targetman then forget it. 

51 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

We don't have a plan B

I heard a whisper that Plan B is going to be along the lines of 2-1-7 formation, drop-back keeper and 4 false 9s. Shhh!

Shame he never got a run fit to show what he could do, but if he’s set on going back to Italy, better we pull that band aid off quickly, take what money we can, and find a player who wants to be here - still got the loan system to mine for that, and wouldn’t have said Djuric would have been ahead of Fam when he’s back anyway.

All the best to him.