IGNORED

Croatia players escape suspension for game against England

45 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Well, seems like the right outcome and the Russian outrage at what he said might at least gain us some of the neutral support.

Yep- I suspect all the neutral Russian support will flock to cheer on good ol' Blighty particularly what with our cozy relationship between Westminster and the Kremlin and the UK led sanctions.

The truth of the matter is that Croatia really don't like the Russian Government and the active "interference" that they exert on former Soviet Bloc countries.

Having said that, the Croat players involved ( in what was a clear political gesture and definitely not a 'joke') may be well advised to avoid door knobs or opening containers from unknown sources for the next decade or so. 

Maybe FIFA should be less forgiving about ANY politically motivated gesture from players no matter what the validity of the cause. Call me biased but I think this England team and Manager are leading the way in  dignified and proportionate celebration.

Gareth Southgate consoling a Columbian who missed his penalty  despite his team  blatantly trying to cheat their way to a victory- that's pure class, an example to every aspiring young player and the face of football that should be celebrated.

Archived