IGNORED

Ashton gate on bbc breakfast

City Mike

5 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why do news programmes keep showing that AG bar throughout the World Cup? Anyone would think its the only place in the country that people are watching games

Noticed it a few times on highlight reels of fans celebrating. They seem to focus on 'big venues like the Gate. There's Brighton Beach, Sunderland fan park and a huge Walkabout in Sheffield that also get lots of coverage.

6 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why do news programmes keep showing that AG bar throughout the World Cup? Anyone would think its the only place in the country that people are watching games

perhaps it's the best example of people really enjoying themselves, and you sound a bag of laughs by the way.

13 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

They've shown places from all over the country…Yeovilton had 40K on Saturday! 

There was also a shot outside AG looking towards the screen, on Saturday, not just interior shots.

17 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

was it anything worth the effort of going to watch?

If it was what they showed about an hour before it was, full fan area with pints flying, empty fan area and likening our statue to ones of Southgate maybe in the future, fans turning up to see note on the door saying all tickets to fan village now gone, barber somewhere else in city stencilling flags in children’s hair and the reporter trying on waistcoats in Clifton Southgate stylee.

A Little feature on national tv.

17 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Because it's the only place in Bristol with large crowd that's showing the world cup on large screen outside 

• Admin
2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

With 30,000 going to be in Hyde Park I think that may be the end of us being covered

3 hours ago, phantom said:

With 30,000 going to be in Hyde Park I think that may be the end of us being covered

That’s  a great idea, it’s all set up for the concerts anyway ( I went last year) so plenty of bars and toilets etc. 

We might still get a regional mention. Oddly enough Sunderland has been featured a lot, this surprised me as when we were there for the City match last October Sunderland seemed to ‘shut’ about 5pm, it was completely dead, really weird. I guess it’s the attraction of having local lads in the England team

1 hour ago, RedM said:

That’s  a great idea, it’s all set up for the concerts anyway ( I went last year) so plenty of bars and toilets etc. 

We might still get a regional mention. Oddly enough Sunderland has been featured a lot, this surprised me as when we were there for the City match last October Sunderland seemed to ‘shut’ about 5pm, it was completely dead, really weird. I guess it’s the attraction of having local lads in the England team

Talking of Sunderland....interesting stat I heard, there were more ex Sunderland players involved in this World Cup’s quarter finals than ex players of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich combined....strange stat if true....I can think of Pickford, Henderson and Seb Larsson (Sweden)....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Talking of Sunderland....interesting stat I heard, there were more ex Sunderland players involved in this World Cup’s quarter finals than ex players of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich combined....strange stat if true....I can think of Pickford, Henderson and Seb Larsson (Sweden)....

That Toivonen who was up front for Sweden did a season on loan there.

19 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

They've shown places from all over the country…Yeovilton had 40K on Saturday! 

There was also a shot outside AG looking towards the screen, on Saturday, not just interior shots.

Talking of which when are they going to fill in those ugly blank black side flaps?

Archived