IGNORED

Cheltenham v Bristol City

BCFC1512

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Presume those who haven't will play against Newport tomorrow.

Yup, I can see the team being O'Leary, Hunt, Wright, Baldwin, Kelly, Watkins, K smith, Walsh, O'Dowda, Weimann, Paterson. Apologies if I've missed some clear players that haven't played tonight or aren't in that team. 

Enjoyed it tonight. Good run out for the first 11 then the youngsters looked ok at the end. 

A few things I thought: 

1. Eliasson was electric tonight. Scrappy first but seemed to give him so much confidence. Second was nicely taken and nearly had a hat trick. Had the full backs on toast all evening! I appreciate its Cheltenham but did look like there is a player in there. 

2. Pisano looked shot to pieces. He was dire and looked the player at the end of last season rather than the start. The own goal was a bad one too! Djuric also looked off the pace although he spent most of his time out there as the only adult looking after the kids. 

3. Wollacot looked super nervous. Needs a long loan in non league next season. I did like that a load of people around me blamed Frankie for the second goal even when he was sat on the bench for it! 

4. Taylor Moore has bulked out and looked better for it. 

5. I thought Morrell seemed to have some quality in him. 

56 minutes ago, Xspence said:

Enjoyed it tonight. Good run out for the first 11 then the youngsters looked ok at the end. 

A few things I thought: 

1. Eliasson was electric tonight. Scrappy first but seemed to give him so much confidence. Second was nicely taken and nearly had a hat trick. Had the full backs on toast all evening! I appreciate its Cheltenham but did look like there is a player in there. 

2. Pisano looked shot to pieces. He was dire and looked the player at the end of last season rather than the start. The own goal was a bad one too! Djuric also looked off the pace although he spent most of his time out there as the only adult looking after the kids. 

3. Wollacot looked super nervous. Needs a long loan in non league next season. I did like that a load of people around me blamed Frankie for the second goal even when he was sat on the bench for it! 

This is something that I'm seeing said more and more often.

Fingers crossed he can join the list of academy lads who get a reasonable number of first team games (eventually, not expecting it this season).

6 hours ago, Xspence said:

Thanks for the report, quoted one bit because it sort of confirms what I’ve always thought about our fans waiting to pounce on Fielding for a mistake even though he really doesn’t make many. It’s ridiculous. 

I’d also hope Wollacott gets a loan next season, not sure he’s quite at the level of O’Leary yet from the little I’ve seen so far. 

Anyway, how did Adelakun play? 

Nice for Eliasson to score twice and played well. He did not start many games last season, hope he can make it this. We know here in Sweden how good he is, so far he has not got so many chances to show it in City. Taylor, Famara, Odowda, Djuric, Pisano fit add our new signings and Eliasson. Ok, we lost Flint, Reid and probably Bryan but on paper think we looks stronger this season. This season gonna be verry interesting.

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I don't really understand comments that say "I know it was only Cheltenham but [insert player here] was brilliant."

It was only Cheltenham.

Strange comment - what else are people supposed to say? It doesn’t really matter who we play, people can only report on what they’ve seen.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Strange comment - what else are people supposed to say? It doesn’t really matter who we play, people can only report on what they’ve seen.

I guess it’s because as a Championship team we should be wiping the floor with anyone ‘lesser’ than us. Strange how these cup upsets happen then isn’t it as if that’s the rules it should never happen. :winner_third_h4h:

Both teams are trying to gel and impress their managers, playing for pride too. No player wants to go out and lose.

7 hours ago, Xspence said:

A few things I thought: 

Have to agree on every point but would like to add number 11 second half I think was Rory Holden looked class. Think we might hav a very good young player on our hands there

I was impressed with Webster and that's before I even mention his goal. 

Looked very calm on the ball, never panicked and always looked for the short pass to Pack and Brownhill first and foremost. 

Also had the vision and passing range to ping out a 40 yard diagonal to the wings. 

Can't say a lot about his defending, mostly because he wasn't threatened in the slightest by the Cheltenham forwards. 

As for his goal though... casually strolled forward from our own half, drifted past a few and then when he looked up and saw nothing was on he decided to simply smash it top bins from distance. Class effort 

Archived