IGNORED

Cheltenham v Bristol City

BCFC1512

6 minutes ago, Gratbot said:

I was impressed with Webster and that's before I even mention his goal. 

Looked very calm on the ball, never panicked and always looked for the short pass to Pack and Brownhill first and foremost. 

Also had the vision and passing range to ping out a 40 yard diagonal to the wings. 

Can't say a lot about his defending, mostly because he wasn't threatened in the slightest by the Cheltenham forwards. 

As for his goal though... casually strolled forward from our own half, drifted past a few and then when he looked up and saw nothing was on he decided to simply smash it top bins from distance. Class effort 

Just seen his goal, great effort. Hoping that he’ll add a new dimension to our play this season.

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Thanks for the report, quoted one bit because it sort of confirms what I’ve always thought about our fans waiting to pounce on Fielding for a mistake even though he really doesn’t make many. It’s ridiculous. 

I’d also hope Wollacott gets a loan next season, not sure he’s quite at the level of O’Leary yet from the little I’ve seen so far. 

Anyway, how did Adelakun play? 

He was very good. For the first 20 mins all our best stuff went through him. Excellent assist for  matty’s goal. Swapped with Eliasson all have and looks like he can play off both feet. Is a unit as well, must be 6ft 2. You can see far post headers from him next season. 

Frankie was trying to play football more it seemed to me. Hopefully something he has worked hard on over the summer as really that is people’s main issue with him. 

Wollacott looked so nervous and there was only a few hundred of us there. Needs a season or 2 in men’s football like you say. 

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

This is something that I'm seeing said more and more often.

Fingers crossed he can join the list of academy lads who get a reasonable number of first team games (eventually, not expecting it this season).

He looked like an excellent, albeit v small, footballer. I think another season on loan (maybe league one) would be better for him than staying here and only playing league cup etc. 

9 hours ago, Xspence said:

Enjoyed it tonight. Good run out for the first 11 then the youngsters looked ok at the end. 

A few things I thought: 

1. Eliasson was electric tonight. Scrappy first but seemed to give him so much confidence. Second was nicely taken and nearly had a hat trick. Had the full backs on toast all evening! I appreciate its Cheltenham but did look like there is a player in there. 

2. Pisano looked shot to pieces. He was dire and looked the player at the end of last season rather than the start. The own goal was a bad one too! Djuric also looked off the pace although he spent most of his time out there as the only adult looking after the kids. 

3. Wollacot looked super nervous. Needs a long loan in non league next season. I did like that a load of people around me blamed Frankie for the second goal even when he was sat on the bench for it! 

4. Taylor Moore has bulked out and looked better for it. 

5. I thought Morrell seemed to have some quality in him. 

Frankie's positioning has always been one of my concerns.  That and his kicking, catching, distribution, dominance of his box and being 5"2.   :yawn:

9 hours ago, Xspence said:

Enjoyed it tonight. Good run out for the first 11 then the youngsters looked ok at the end. 

A few things I thought: 

1. Eliasson was electric tonight. Scrappy first but seemed to give him so much confidence. Second was nicely taken and nearly had a hat trick. Had the full backs on toast all evening! I appreciate its Cheltenham but did look like there is a player in there. 

2. Pisano looked shot to pieces. He was dire and looked the player at the end of last season rather than the start. The own goal was a bad one too! Djuric also looked off the pace although he spent most of his time out there as the only adult looking after the kids. 

3. Wollacot looked super nervous. Needs a long loan in non league next season. I did like that a load of people around me blamed Frankie for the second goal even when he was sat on the bench for it! 

That just about sums up some of our fans, they always need a scapegoat 

1 hour ago, onlyotib said:

Have to agree on every point but would like to add number 11 second half I think was Rory Holden looked class. Think we might hav a very good young player on our hands there

I agree. My only issue with him is that he looks a bit like Callum (from afar) and wore number 11 so I thought O’Dowda had lost a stone of muscle over the summer until I realised it was Holden!

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'm worried if Pisano is being used this season. Maybe Taylor Moore would be a better back up to Hunt. If Moore has improved enough then we have a 4th centre back and back up right back. With our injury prone players like Hunt, Baker and Webster, we need better than Pisano and Hegeler as back up. Looks a gamble letting Vyner go if Moore isn't ready. 

I predict Wright will deputise for Hunt.

Pisano must realise already that he won't be first choice. He's in the final year of his contract and he'd have to be a supreme optimist to believe he'll be offered another one.   

18 hours ago, Xspence said:

A few things I thought: 

Mate who went down said Eisa was toying with Pisano at one point, and Pisano petulantly hacked him down which angered both of the Johnson's. I believe it led to Eisa going off injured.

On 10/07/2018 at 19:16, Neo said:

Somebody steal the cup and crush it. Grown men pulling their plonkers over something like this makes my shit itch

Here, this bloke Shit itch, he doesn't happen to play for Croatia does he?

Only it sounds like every other bloody itch seems to!!! 

Subas itch

Strin itch

Rakit itch

Brozov itch

Reb itch

Modr itch

Peris itch

Mandzuk itch

Let alone the subs......

:dunno:

I assume Shit itch plays at the back???

:facepalm: