IGNORED

Croatia v. England - Official Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

So can I take it you're bunking off work , told your missus you've got a mistress or are you just like a media shy Mark Ashton ?

"Severe social anxiety" Major, so the last one is closest!

Found it hard going to a pub with 20 or so people in for the first games, but trying to challenge myself.

England pluses for me; Set pieces, corners and free kicks, we're the best this tournament. 

Posession football we're again excellent at keeping the ball this tournament against nearly everyone

England worries for me

Allowing space outside for box for Modric and Rakitic, for both creation and shooting opportunities

Mandzukic ability in air vs Walker/ Trippier. 

Way too many semis on this thread.

Please control yourselves fella's

Oooohhh I wonder if we can make it. I reckon we can. 

And, BTW, I'll take a City relegation for this England team to win the world cup. But none of the teams for the last 28 years

8 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

If @Oléhas posted it I’d easily believe it to be his own work!

Doesn't look like it's been typed one handed on a mobile phone, half cut, on East Midlands Trains. Can't be mine.

Agree with the sentiment though, there's no need for any fear. England's new found belief rather than doom and gloom is infectious.

Good luck England! I liked the reference to Eric Dier, who went to the same school as me in Portugal, albeit a decade or so different.

p.s. this'd be "emotional insurance" territory for me. Worked in 2016. If you believe in bad luck, give fate something it can't deal with.

1 hour ago, oldstandrobin said:

Would take England to win, only because seen City so often in Lge 1 it will be like visiting an old relative in hospital.................again, but there again, I saw England win in 1966. CR you are a bl**dy tease :laughcont:

Wanted to ask for some time now. England to win the World Cup

OR

City to get to the Prem this season? 

7 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Forca England!  :englandsmile4wf: All the best for tonight.

My prediction is the best game of the tournament and you will win by three goals to two with Rashford scoring the winner on 74 min  

I’ll have two of what you’re drinking!

17 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Croatia will overrun England in midfield...England ain’t that great...like to be proved wrong but we will see

Has to be our biggest challenge - cope in there and you would like to think we can benefit elsewhere

Theyre playing same line up as v Argentina and this line up will test us big time in front of our three center halves

:shutup::englandflag:

might have played Delph tonight

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Has to be our biggest challenge - cope in there and you would like to think we can benefit elsewhere

:shutup::englandflag:

I’m Italian mate so can have a neutral view but I would really love  England to win it all but when I look at a midfield of world class players..rakitic/modric/rebic/perisic you have to worry

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

So can I take it you're bunking off work , told your missus you've got a mistress or are you just like a media shy Mark Ashton ?

....or all three!

18 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

I’m Italian mate so can have a neutral view but I would really love  England to win it all but when I look at a midfield of world class players..rakitic/modric/rebic/perisic you have to worry

We had to worry in December when faced with Lingard, Rashford, Ibrahimovic etc. etc ! :)

31 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I can accept someone choosing club I’ve country but I do find this sort of extreme response a bit strange, particularly to this specific England side.

As much as I'd like England to win, and no doubt would thoroughly enjoy it, I would describe myself as a Bristol City supporter, not a "football" supporter. Bristol City above everything else for me. 

I admire the way Southgate has navigated this squad through the tournament and the players of course deserve huge credit but unfortunately I just don't get anywhere near as excited at the prospect of England doing well as I do for City. 

I hate ITV at the best if times, but they make it worse when they choose to have that fake Welshman on the touchline, alongside a genuine Croatian. At least they don't have that fake Irishman doing the in game summarising anymore, saying "we" when talking about England and conveniently forgetting his 74 Irish caps.

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I hate ITV at the best if times, but they make it worse when they choose to have that fake Welshman on the touchline, alongside a genuine Croatian. At least they don't have that fake Irishman doing the in game summarising anymore, saying "we" when talking about England and conveniently forgetting his 74 Irish caps.

What the **** is Roy ‘ I’m still angry and talk shit’ Keane doing on there

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The cockney Townsend I think you're referring too. :laugh: 

Archived