IGNORED

Celebrity City fans

Wolf Island

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Joe Sims (Nige) and Jack Ashton (stage surname because he’s a city fan) attend regularly.

Joe Sims did a video for the 70th anniversary of an am-dram group in Hanham last year.

Turns out he was a part part of the group when he was younger and (IIRC) while they reached out to some celebs asking them to record a message just saying "Happy Anniversary" for a video package, Joe contacted them, rather than them asking him.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Jonathan Pearce, Richard Scudamore, Dominic Mohan, Mark Dudbridge and even Russell Crowe (!) ..... scroll down in this article....https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/russell-crowes-dalliance-with-buying-leeds-united-20150226-13p41h.html

I went to school with Simon.....absolute top geezer

I remember seeing Russrll Crowe appear on The Last Leg, and he asked what league Bristol Robins played in (think it was our first season after relegation, could have been promotion season though).

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Jonathan Pearce, Richard Scudamore, Dominic Mohan, Mark Dudbridge and even Russell Crowe (!) ..... scroll down in this article....https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/russell-crowes-dalliance-with-buying-leeds-united-20150226-13p41h.html

Russell Crowe is related (cousin I think) to Martin and Jeff Crowe (NZ cricketers).  He said he played a decent level of cricket as a youngster but when asked why he didn’t carry on playing, he replied “no-one wants to be the Trevor Chappell of the family” (reference to Trevor being massively inferior to Greg and Ian).

Two great Somerset overseas signing there in Martin Crowe and Greg Chappell.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Russell Crowe is related (cousin I think) to Martin and Jeff Crowe (NZ cricketers).  He said he played a decent level of cricket as a youngster but when asked why he didn’t carry on playing, he replied “no-one wants to be the Trevor Chappell of the family” (reference to Trevor being massively inferior to Greg and Ian).

Two great Somerset overseas signing there in Martin Crowe and Greg Chappell.

Don’t get me started on great Somerset players, I’ll have to pretend I’ve got something in my eye! Big derby tomorrow night, I’ll be there cheering on the Cidermen and calling for the imposters to be banished from ‘our county’....

1 minute ago, sglosbcfc said:

I am a good mate of Steve and I can confirm my pal is not a City fan. Mind you he is not a Gashead either.

My cousin was very friendly with him through school, arty-type, but reckons he’s got a bit billy-big-balls these days.

Archived