IGNORED

Celebrity City fans

Wolf Island

On 11/10/2018 at 18:47, BTRFTG said:

Titter ye not - St Francis of Howerd could occasionally be seen in The Williams during the 70's.

A real shame he wasn't still around to join in with that great song

"F off, Swindon Town. You are staying down

Flint said nay, nay and thrice nay"

15 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Ah, it was pointed out to me from the M5 as being in that cluster of houses with a big hotel at the foot of Crook Peak.  Happy to be corrected.

Actually I think we’re both right. Having checked, it seems to be in Cross - just off the A38, near Lower Weare, but on the road near Crook Peak on the way to the Webbington.

On 14 July 2018 at 16:17, REDOXO said:

Jonathon Pearce has been a City fan all his life. His father used to do the match day videos back in the 70s, but if I remember rightly lost his job when City went bankrupt in 82. JP was the compare at Gerry Gows testimonial dinner and knew all the players there very well! 

As below can not say where Eddie Large went however he was the comedy at the above dinner as Gerry Gow was number 9 on an all time Manchester City legends list and Eddie was a fan. I believe his wife is from Bristol/WSM and he lives locally certainly did a few years ago.

Mrs OXO and I sat at the table with both these guys and Bryan Drysdale (Used to be shite but now he’s alright :laugh:!) all top blokes

Actually Jonathan Pearce was a Plymouth fan and only became a City fan when he moved to Bristol in his teens. He is certainly a committed City fan now but I do find it strange how peopl can change team just because they moved house. I can understand having a 'second team' in your home city but not dropping your initial team for life.

2 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Actually Jonathan Pearce was a Plymouth fan and only became a City fan when he moved to Bristol in his teens. He is certainly a committed City fan now but I do find it strange how peopl can change team just because they moved house. I can understand having a 'second team' in your home city but not dropping your initial team for life.

Didn't Pearce watch all home games for free up in the gantry because his Dad filmed them, and then leave Bristol not long after, returned for a shortish spell at RB, then moved away permanently?

Not sure he's been a regular at AG any time since, with the nature of his job, forever commentating on other teams, not helping of course.

He's known as a City fan, and certainly calls BCFC his club, but I wouldn't call him one in terms of ever being a regular at AG or a consistently paying fan.

I wonder if he's ever bought a ST for instance?

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

He moved to Bristol age 7!!! I can for give a seven year old change of heart to support his local club.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Didn't Pearce watch all home games for free up in the gantry because his Dad filmed them, and then leave Bristol not long after, returned for a shortish spell at RB, then moved away permanently?

Not sure he's been a regular at AG any time since, with the nature of his job, forever commentating on other teams, not helping of course.

He's known as a City fan, and certainly calls BCFC his club, but I wouldn't call him one in terms of ever being a regular at AG or a consistently paying fan.

I wonder if he's ever bought a ST for instance?

He certainly watched for free. As I said his old man 'left' the club in 82. He stood in the open end behind the goal or as you say maybe in the Grandstand gantry. 

Being as his old man worked for the club I reckon he was a regular aged about seven until aged about 23, when most people form their affiliations and then moved for his career. 

For the record the entire 76 squad all know him very well and as I say again he was the compare for Gerry sitting the other side of speedy to me  as above

Also for the record here I got talking to him about sports commentary and some of the places he's mentioned City as he routinely does, so I asked him the one question most people want to know, will he do City again? He shook his head, I said you get too worked up, he nodded. Almost a quote I would say.

Spot the City Ledge!? vv

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

Actually I think we’re both right. Having checked, it seems to be in Cross - just off the A38, near Lower Weare, but on the road near Crook Peak on the way to the Webbington.

Frankie lived there at the same time as another celebrity who`s name shall no longer be mentioned due to his subsequently discovered history of child abuse lived in Wedmore.

A friend of mine was once waiting for his order in the Chinese in Cheddar and they were both in the queue. He said it was a very surreal experience.

On 13/10/2018 at 15:35, Red Right Hand said:

Frankie lived there at the same time as another celebrity who`s name shall no longer be mentioned due to his subsequently discovered history of child abuse lived in Wedmore.

A friend of mine was once waiting for his order in the Chinese in Cheddar and they were both in the queue. He said it was a very surreal experience.

My parents lived in Wedmore at the same time as GG, before his disgrace. She was a classical music buff, but still quite excited to have bumped into this celeb in the village shop!

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

My parents lived in Wedmore at the same time as GG, before his disgrace. She was a classical music buff, but still quite excited to have bumped into this celeb in the village shop!

Thank Christ the bloke doesn't appear to have had any interest in football (we all know his interests)

We could've had a Leeds and Jimmy situation on our hands

51 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Just back from Liverpool Arena seeing Tears for fears, Roland Orzabel is a City fan. Chanted our name whilst complaining about the Liverpool teams.

Lives in the big house on the main road in Warmley from what I understood. Certainly close enough to make it to AG from time to time!

Maybe he has to "Shout! Shout! Let it all out!"??

Archived