Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Hare Island

Celebrity City fans

1 minute ago, man in the middle said:

:pray:GOD is a Red!!!!! You can’t get more famous than that....:dancing6:

The Beatles...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, South-of-river said:

So for the sake of fairness and sportsmanship... can we name famous rov€rs fans? I’ll start it... Um ummm umm ummmmm :dunno::help:

Rod Hull & Emu....and that lot take the piss out of The Wurzels! Good grief.... still, RIP Rod....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

On 12/07/2018 at 22:17, BS4 on Tour... said:

I went to school with Simon....absolute top geezer

Queer Elephants House as we at BGS used to call it! 

1 minute ago, South-of-river said:

Oh my ****ing gosh! How? When? But just why was this made? 

I thought it was a surreal and disturbing dream I had - but no, it was real! And as I said when I edited my post, they have the nerve to take the piss outta The Wurzels! Every time we need a bit more hilarity associated with that mob, they just deliver in spades!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Queer Elephants House as we at BGS used to call it! 

Ps - I’ve told Joe Bryan about your post and he said he’s gonna bugger off to another club asap now because you are a ‘frightful rotter’....so, it’s your fault that he’s leaving us.....!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 22:24, RumRed said:

If you mean Justin Lee Collins not so sure that’s one to brag about.

I wouldn't be bragging about Pearce either! ( I'm not that fond of Cleese either)

Anyway- we can err, proudly boast that Jeffrey Archer is Gas!

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 22:38, BS4 on Tour... said:

At least we haven’t got Rod Hull & Emu and Jeffrey Archer!

Rod Hull was not a Rovers fan, unfortunately Archer is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What was the video all about then?!

He did a song for us, that's about it. I am pretty sure he was supposed to be a Manchester United fan, which ultimately led to his death!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

He did a song for us, that's about it. I am pretty sure he was supposed to be a Manchester United fan, which ultimately led to his death!

I can’t understand a ‘celebrity’ agreeing to do a song/video called ‘Singing Bristol Rovers All The Way’ if they didn’t support them?! What a strange thing to do.....

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I can’t understand a ‘celebrity’ agreeing to do a song/video called ‘Singing Bristol Rovers All The Way’ if they didn’t support them?! What a strange thing to do.....

Money.  Per this someone from Rovers phoned him up and asked him to do the song so he did.

https://www.footballandmusic.co.uk/the-curse-of-the-emu/

I think Eddie "road rage" Large, though primarily a Man City fan, supported Rovers when he lived down this way.

Has anyone mentioned Marcus Trescothick as a City fan?  The club presented him with a 100 shirt after he scored hundred centuries or somesuch.

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Money.  Per this someone from Rovers phoned him up and asked him to do the song so he did.

I think Eddie "road rage" Large, though primarily a Man City fan, supported Rovers when he lived down this way.

Has anyone mentioned Marcus Trescothick as a City fan?  The club presented him with a 100 shirt after he scored hundred centuries or somesuch.

Brilliant

The team has never played in European competition; the closest Rovers came was when they missed out on reaching the international stage of the Anglo-Italian Cup in the 1992–93 season on a coin toss held over the phone with West Ham United.

A coin toss done by phone ffs :rofl2br:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I wouldn't be bragging about Pearce either! ( I'm not that fond of Cleese either)

Anyway- we can err, proudly boast that Jeffrey Archer is Gas!

Jonathon Pearce has been a City fan all his life. His father used to do the match day videos back in the 70s, but if I remember rightly lost his job when City went bankrupt in 82. JP was the compare at Gerry Gows testimonial dinner and knew all the players there very well! 

As below can not say where Eddie Large went however he was the comedy at the above dinner as Gerry Gow was number 9 on an all time Manchester City legends list and Eddie was a fan. I believe his wife is from Bristol/WSM and he lives locally certainly did a few years ago.

Mrs OXO and I sat at the table with both these guys and Bryan Drysdale (Used to be shite but now he’s alright :laugh:!) all top blokes

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

20 hours ago, man in the middle said:

:pray:GOD is a Red!!!!! You can’t get more famous than that....:dancing6:

Well, you would have thought with all his might and power he’d pull his sodding finger out and make something happen for us this season :fingerscrossed:

19 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

Well, you would have thought with all his might and power he’d pull his sodding finger out and make something happen for us this season :fingerscrossed:

The lord helps those that help themselves.

He must be watching over the staff and owner down the mem - they`re helping themselves all the time.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Money?

On 13/07/2018 at 08:25, RedM said:

Seen Joe quite a few times, home and away (love him). Usually hear him before you spot him, great bloke! Been lucky enough to have a chat with him, really knows his football stuff. Wonder if he’s on here? Come on Joe reveal yourself! :laughcont:

Saw him at the cricket last night.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2018 at 22:37, Unan said:

I can't find the tweets as they were from years ago but I remember at the time being surprised to see it come from him, the tweets were insensitive race related jokes.

Are you sure not confusing tony  with tommy  robinson ? 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

Apparently Cathy Barry loves her Bristol Cities!

I genuinely wonder if she has a preference, or whether she swings both ways :cool:

she lived near me in Kingswood so I guess a Sag is more likely.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When have Roverzzz ever had any of that to pay pretend celebrity fans?!

Rod was appearing at the Bristol Hippodrome at the time; hence why he was asked and why it wouldn't have cost much.

Rod Hull's finest minute:

22 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Rod was appearing at the Bristol Hippodrome at the time; hence why he was asked and why it wouldn't have cost much.

Rod Hull's finest minute:

He would be red carded for that these days!

On 13/07/2018 at 14:58, Major Isewater said:

That's him alright. 

I think we can safely rule out Maisie Williams as a City fan nowadays, following her appearance on the One Show a couple of days ago. The subject was brought up and she clearly has zero personal interest in football!

4 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I think we can safely rule out Maisie Williams as a City fan nowadays, following her appearance on the One Show a couple of days ago. The subject was brought up and she clearly has zero personal interest in football!

Yeah, sounds like her Dad (Gary is it?) did a good job of putting her off football for life!

1 hour ago, Donald’s Mate said:

Richard Scudamore  Chief Ecec of the premier league. If you can call him a celeb. 

He has resigned to watch us more...poor fncker 

25 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Think she’s a red, she married a bloke from Radstock called Pete the meat 🥩 

Love the fact that she used to live on cock road. 

• Haha 2

On 13/07/2018 at 20:38, AppyDAZE said:

Neil Warnock

Tends to get down the gate more than some of these fans.

Hasn't been down this season yet though.

22 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Titter ye not - St Francis of Howerd could occasionally be seen in The Williams during the 70's.

That's pretty big news; first I'd heard of it though I knew he lived down near Crook Peak.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That's pretty big news; first I'd heard of it though I knew he lived down near Crook Peak.

Me too, but his house was just off the A38 near Lower Weare.