IGNORED

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town

Leveller

27 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

A team who lead the division below for the majority of the season.

Not that bad really.

Suspect you're doing the typical lazy complaint because they aren't a 'name' team

I could understand this game away from home though. Looking at ticket sales seems plenty arent bothering.

At the risk of sounding like a right old fogey, it isn’t even the middle of July yet.

The season also seems to start incredibly early this year seeing as the World Cup hasn’t even finished yet.

It is simply far too early in the summer for club football.

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

At the risk of sounding like a right old fogey, it isn’t even the middle of July yet.

The season also seems to start incredibly early this year seeing as the World Cup hasn’t even finished yet.

It is simply far too early in the summer for club football.

The World Cup is normally done by now though.

Last World Cup finished exactly 4 years ago.

The one before finished on the 11th July 2010

In 2006 it ended on July 9th and in 2002 it finished in June.

I'm missing Bournemouth and then the first two home games so I'm going to this to get my AG fix... 

Looking forward to seeing the new signings and how they shape up, not expecting it to be terribly exciting but it's club football at last... 

24 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Nothing wrong with (as LVG put's it)

Shoe-berry Town! This shouldn't really be a home friendly though.

Yes, what lamebrain decided on this one........away ,yes. As you say, nowt wrong with ST but hardly a "must see".

It always used to be that the away side would be at least a division higher .

It's club footy.....chance to see the new signings (hopefully) and an afternoon away from the build up of the pointless game previously discussed in this thread. 

Shame about the attendance (only one stand open) but I'll be glad of the Club footy fix.

COYRs

57 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Can't believe anyone would pay anything to watch a glorified training session. Clubs should not be allowed to charge for meaningless friendlies.

certainly not st holders, is there any discount being offered?

45 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

The announcer at New Street always used to say ...Shoesbury !

I remember collapsing with laughter  when an announcer on the telly got his teeth tied up over the ' Shropshire Sharks of Shrewsbury '

, it's a swimming club  not real sharks for any children reading . 

48 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'm missing Bournemouth and then the first two home games so I'm going to this to get my AG fix... 

Looking forward to seeing the new signings and how they shape up, not expecting it to be terribly exciting but it's club football at last... 

Off on hols in weeks time so going to have a look at the new players and formation we are playing just to see how they are integrating into the squad

Looking to see if we will be more energetic in wide areas and actually get goals from different areas

2 hours ago, Super said:

I could understand this game away from home though. Looking at ticket sales seems plenty arent bothering.

4 of us aren’t. But if the game was at Shrewsbury I almost certainly would have gone. £11 is £6 too expensive for what it is.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I remember collapsing with laughter  when an announcer on the telly got his teeth tied up over the ' Shropshire Sharks of Shrewsbury '

, it's a swimming club  not real sharks for any children reading . 

What about the Pembrokeshire piranhas of Pentlepoir ???......

6 hours ago, dunsteral said:

Normally i would agree that this is a game nobody wants to take part in, however given

that everybody expected England to come home at the last 16 stage, this is a good

opportunity for England to be able to say we finished THIRD or even FOURTH is better

thann last 16

Can see your point but not sure the players would feel the same, after Wednesdays disappointment I’d imagine they just want to get home.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

4 of us aren’t. But if the game was at Shrewsbury I almost certainly would have gone. £11 is £6 too expensive for what it is.

4 of us will be there . We’ve all missed going down for the last two months  . I wonder if there’ll be more people watching the Belgium game than in the ground !?

27 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

4 of us will be there . We’ve all missed going down for the last two months  . I wonder if there’ll be more people watching the Belgium game than in the ground !?

Game will be finished by time England game starts.

13 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Yeah I just meant that as we all walk out then there’ll be more people waiting to watch it than were  in the ground . 

Ah right. Im not sure many will be out watching it tomorrow tbh.

And what is that about large rucksacks being searched but small handbags are ok ... I've spent a couple of days walking in the Brecon Beacons with a large rucksack without any issues ... my friend carried a small handbag and was treated with suspicion ... 

11 hours ago, dunsteral said:

Normally i would agree that this is a game nobody wants to take part in, however given

that everybody expected England to come home at the last 16 stage, this is a good

opportunity for England to be able to say we finished THIRD or even FOURTH is better

thann last 16

And don't forget....third place gets a medal...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D8qkSe4YM7EY&ved=0ahUKEwjJybW_qp3cAhWMgVwKHY1yBY0QwqsBCCswAA&usg=AOvVaw2CpqzQ6bsllj36qem59_43

Archived