IGNORED

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town

Leveller

I know only preseason but my god we look bamg average. Possibly being asked to manage the game or something like that but very sloppy on our part. 

A few things

Walsh clearly has that class about his play. Wants to get forward mostly. Just takes unneccessary risks on the ball or going for a tackle he is probably not the favourite for. Needs that experience to get that better decision making. Probably needs a loan but think we need his quality too. Maybe have to take the good with the bad with him as he learns on the fly. 

O’Dowda when he ends up central is absolutely scary for the defense. I’d try and find a way to get him there more often. Also looks more comfortable on the left than he does on the right. 

Hunt had a bad half with some easy passes. Still too early to judge? Maybe many were sloppy but he was the pick of the worst offender imo. Also called Nicky Hunt when he was subbed off. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I know only preseason but my god we look bamg average. Possibly being asked to manage the game or something like that but very sloppy on our part. 

A few things

Walsh clearly has that class about his play. Wants to get forward mostly. Just takes unneccessary risks on the ball or going for a tackle he is probably not the favourite for. Needs that experience to get that better decision making. Probably needs a loan but think we need his quality too. Maybe have to take the good with the bad with him as he learns on the fly. 

O’Dowda when he ends up central is absolutely scary for the defense. I’d try and find a way to get him there more often. Also looks more comfortable on the left than he does on the right. 

Hunt had a bad half with some easy passes. Still too early to judge? Maybe many were sloppy but he was the pick of the worst offender imo. Also called Nicky Hunt when he was subbed off. 

I thought I heard that but assumed it couldnt have been Nicky hunt said .... glad I’m not going mad 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

A few things

Harsh that from Downsy. No need for insults

1 minute ago, Brann-red said:

He definitely took a knock and hobbled round for a bit. Not subbed immediately - they obviously wanted to see whether he could run it off ... 

Didn’t think that but did take a knock and I know the staff are conscious of getting ice on knocks like that quickly. So could be. Tbh Dowling doesn’t look out of place there. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

A few things

Pretty much how I’ve seen it. Can’t believe that from Downsy. What an idiot. 

Weimanns final ball looks pretty poor so far. But think Webster looked pretty good. 

Not sure if Paterson can play Bobbys role this season. Be a big mistake if we try and go with that from the start.

Weimann - headless chicken 

Watkins - looks ok

Webster - Looks good on the ball

KS, O’Dowda and JP running the game and we look dangerous when attacking but need a focal point up front as Weimann can’t get a kick

Baker looks disinterested 

Walsh thinks he’s Iniesta and needs to stop trying the worldly pass and flicks/tricks in our half

Shrewsbury look a half decent side and can see why they did well last season

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

From what I see pisano is as poor left back as he is right back. Hunt surprised me with how badly he played first half. Strike force does not look right. We only look dangerous on the break, Weimann does not hold it up at all for a number 9, he has to do better. Walsh looks like he will be quality, works his socks off, but clearly not there yet. Webster and Smith 2 that are a class above so far. 

Strike force that is actually two midfielders , at best number ten’s, god only hope we bring another proper striker 

14 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

Weimann is a striker and Paterson is very much an advanced attacking midfielder/forward. 

Weimann is a striker ? Please do me a favour if you believe wiki he’s scored 30 goals in his career since 2010 , I hope Johnson can turn him into Bobby Reid this year and I think he’s a good signing but no way is he a striker as it stands 

13 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Weimann is a striker ? Please do me a favour if you believe wiki he’s scored 30 goals in his career since 2010 , I hope Johnson can turn him into Bobby Reid this year and I think he’s a good signing but no way is he a striker as it stands 

He mainly played on the wing in his career, reckon he’ll do well down the middle once he finds his feet

13 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Weimann has been played out on the wing for the vast majority of that time, but prefers to play through the middle.

Imagine giving a player a chance, and not just writing them off because of numbers on Wikipedia.

What a novel idea that would be, eh?

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Weimann has been played out on the wing for the vast majority of that time, but prefers to play through the middle.

Imagine giving a player a chance, and not just writing them off because of numbers on Wikipedia.

What a novel idea that would be, eh?

Didn’t say I write him off ,I said his record says he’s not or has been a striker , totally hope he works out and scores a ton, but at least on his record not the goals we will need . 

Read the post properly that would be a novel idea ? 

7 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Didn’t say I write him off ,I said his record says he’s not or has been a striker , totally hope he works out and scores a ton, but at least on his record not the goals we will need . 

Read the post properly that would be a novel idea ? 

So a player sees himself as a striker, but you know better?

You said he's not a striker, not that he didn't play there.

You said he's a midfielder.

Perhaps try reading your own posts again.

46 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Strike force that is actually two midfielders , at best number ten’s, god only hope we bring another proper striker 

27 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Presumably you also thought Wilbraham was never a striker before he came to us?

After all, he didn't get lots of goals. And those easily edited articles on Wikipedia that don't tell the whole story are infallible.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Cameron Pring. What a player. Way too early to say that I know, but he just looked  amazing when he came on for second half. Did not expect that from him, as had him down as one that would end up making it in the non league until now. 

Very good 45 mins i agree. . Settled in very easily . 

Archived