IGNORED

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town

Leveller

16 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

1-1 full time, guess its all about fitness but you'd have to hope we could beat sides from the league below us... 

About fitness and giving all our new players a chance to play together in something more like a competitive game than a training session.

Hopefully to gel properly by the time the season starts

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Cameron Pring. What a player. Way too early to say that I know, but he just looked  amazing when he came on for second half. Did not expect that from him, as had him down as one that would end up making it in the non league until now. 

That left back conveyerbelt we've got going :thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Cameron Pring. What a player. Way too early to say that I know, but he just looked  amazing when he came on for second half. Did not expect that from him, as had him down as one that would end up making it in the non league until now. 

Thought he was excellent defensively and going forward. Really impressed with him today

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Pisano at left back, oh dear... 

Before you’ve ever seen him play there?  

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

From what I see pisano is as poor left back as he is right back. Hunt surprised me with how badly he played first half. Strike force does not look right. We only look dangerous on the break, Weimann does not hold it up at all for a number 9, he has to do better. Walsh looks like he will be quality, works his socks off, but clearly not there yet. Webster and Smith 2 that are a class above so far. 

At last JD waited til after he’d seen him play.

Weimann is not a back to goal, hold-the-ball-up striker, he’s one to run off the shoulder, or come from deep.  Don’t expect him to be a Famara.

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

Strike force that is actually two midfielders , at best number ten’s, god only hope we bring another proper striker 

Two forwards, probably a better description, but not out and out strikers.

1 hour ago, Lympsham Red said:

Weimann is a striker and Paterson is very much an advanced attacking midfielder/forward. 

56 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don’t think anyone has lost their shit. Think most had balanced replies. It is a friendly, it was not good and there are still questions about the squad. 

Mmm!

57 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So a player sees himself as a striker, but you know better?

You said he's not a striker, not that he didn't play there.

You said he's a midfielder.

Perhaps try reading your own posts again.

Presumably you also thought Wilbraham was never a striker before he came to us?

After all, he didn't get lots of goals. And those easily edited articles on Wikipedia that don't tell the whole story are infallible.

52 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

You don’t have a clue what I think , for Christ’s sake get over it 

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

Didn’t say I write him off ,I said his record says he’s not or has been a striker , totally hope he works out and scores a ton, but at least on his record not the goals we will need . 

Read the post properly that would be a novel idea ? 

Followed by dont get pissy! You were only proven wrong!

2 hours ago, WRERE said:

Glad I wasn’t the only one to hear that. I chucked and no-one else did so I thought I heard wrong  

I know the mere thought of Nicky Hunt is vomit inducing for many of us …. but really WRERE, I'd have thought a simple chuckle at todays tannoy faux pas would have sufficed, throwing up in the stand was a bit OTT doncha think?  :ermm:   

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

My highlight of the game was sitting behind someone who said ' spoons of OTIB will be happy' as FF kicked the ball diagonally to Pisano !!!

Had hospitality today, worth every penny of the £20+ Vat.

Out of interest what did hospitality include in a twenty quid package ?    

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Friendlies never have and never will mean anything for me, I’d love to see correlation between pre season wins/loses and success/failure that coming season

1994 City lost to Merthyr Tydfil and at the end of that season were relegated.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I would suggest that, if that is the only example you can come up with, the two events were purely coincidental.

Let's just not organise a friendly between us and Merthyr, just in case 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Weimann has been played out on the wing for the vast majority of that time, but prefers to play through the middle.

Imagine giving a player a chance, and not just writing them off because of numbers on Wikipedia.

What a novel idea that would be, eh?

Come on James he had his chance that's a few pre seasons friendlies he's had. How much of a chance do you want to give him? Surely you're not suggesting we play him in some league games before making judgements. 

54 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Out of interest what did hospitality include in a twenty quid package ?    

Breakfast/ brunch buffet and salads.

Cooked gammon and smoke salmon

Fresh fruit and pastries. Tea/ coffee juices etc.

Half time refreshments and cakes and donoughts. 

Posh seats.

Loved it. If I had the money would do it every week!!

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Did you tap him on the shoulder and introduce yourself?

No. Bottled it.

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Breakfast/ brunch buffet and salads.

Cooked gammon and smoke salmon

Fresh fruit and pastries. Tea/ coffee juices etc.

Half time refreshments and cakes and donoughts. 

Posh seats.

Loved it. If I had the money would do it every week!!

No. Bottled it.

You mean you’re real?

Assumed you were one of Putin’s bots.  ;)

Was interesting today, Weimann looked horrific, hopefully gets up to speed in next couple of weeks.

Liam Walsh tidy on the ball but off of it is a bit headless, works hard but tends to dive in and get beaten easily.

Korey Smith a class act today. He is really good. Webster and Baker looked solid enough, as did Pisano in the first half.

Their number 8 was superb. Ginger lad in the middle.

4 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Was interesting today, Weimann looked horrific, hopefully gets up to speed in next couple of weeks.

Liam Walsh tidy on the ball but off of it is a bit headless, works hard but tends to dive in and get beaten easily.

Korey Smith a class act today. He is really good. Webster and Baker looked solid enough, as did Pisano in the first half.

Their number 8 was superb. Ginger lad in the middle.

Nolan could easily make the step up imo

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I agree, thought he was the stand out player second half.

Average game today....thought there were promising moments as well as a few scary ones (ie walking through our defence). That said, game time was gained for the majority of our players (there were plenty of Subs)....no need to worry yet.....looking forward to Bournemouth......that will give us a better idea.....

I know people are only commenting on what they’ve seen, but I’m amazed to come on here to see posters seemingly drawing conclusions from what is essentially a training game. 

At this stage, players are getting fit. There’s basically nothing good or bad you can read into a friendly this early into pre-season.

After the pre-season training camp when the bulk of the fitness work is compete you can probably tell a bit more from friendlies, but definitely not yet.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know people are only commenting on what they’ve seen, but I’m amazed to come on here to see posters seemingly drawing conclusions from what is essentially a training game. 

At this stage, players are getting fit. There’s basically nothing good or bad you can read into a friendly this early into pre-season.

After the pre-season training camp when the bulk of the fitness work is compete you can probably tell a bit more from friendlies, but definitely not yet.

IIRC there were several people saying Kodjia looked like Bambi on ice at a friendly down at Yeovil.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

IIRC there were several people saying Kodjia looked like Bambi on ice at a friendly down at Yeovil.

I’m amazed anyone could make that judgement from that game.  He was our best player that night, looked lightning, created his own chances etc.  Some people must watch the game so differently, or look at the result (0-1 caught on the break late on), see Kodjia didn’t score, and base it on that.

Archived