Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol City v Shrewsbury Town

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

3rd place also brings in more prize money for the FA.

Although the difference isn't a huge amount (in the world of football).

So we can pay more in fines for silly things like wearing slightly different socks.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Was trying to buy a ticket online but can't choose a seat. Thinking back to the twente friendly, I think everyone sat anywhere. Is it the same today? And obviously I can buy a ticket when I get there?

Unreserved sit we’re you want . 

• Thanks 1

I don't think £10 for a game of football (add in £1 a kid for families) is too bad but.
 I think many people are like me, after stumping up £500+ it would take a special friendly to get me to go, and for this one they have really missed a trick.
Imagine something like £2 adults , £1 kids. Add the 3rd place playoffs after and stick a couple of kids things in the corner to keep them occupied.
There could be a decent attendance, they would make more from food/drink etc and I would imagine major family members who have no real interest in football would come along. 
I get that they have to cover costs, but unless we start getting 'big' names as opposition they're not going to get big crowds any time soon.
To be honest if I was going to a friendly game it would be away, at least you might get a new ground in. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I'd go for a fiver, but not for a tenner.  Save the cash for the Bournemouth game.

After years of dire to watch half paced friendlies,  I think you’re better off saving your £10 for  Carabao Cup tie

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

After years of dire to watch half paced friendlies,  I think you’re better off saving your £10 for  Carabao Cup tie

...after last season let's hope :fingerscrossed: Manchester teams are gonna become the new Gillingham when our Carabao Cup tie draws are made! 

We start with Plymouth again -like last year.

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fielding, Hunt, Webster, Baker, Pisano, Watkins, Walsh, Smith, O'Dowda, Paterson, Weimann.

Max O’Leary (GK), Josh Brownhill, Famara Diédhiou, Saikhou Janneh, Opi Edwards, Cameron Pring, Connor Lemonheigh-Evans, Rory Holden and George Dowling.

Edited by Robin Ashton
  • Like 1