IGNORED

Niki Mäenpää - Now Officially Signed (Merged)

CiderJar

10 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Surely you could say that about any deal? "Oh here you go Robbored, I've got the fax right here!" 

That's exactly why I only believe what I read on the OS and pay no attention to wild speculation and rumour, much of which stems  largely from social media.

We all know how unreliable that is...............:sleeping:

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's exactly why I only ... pay no attention to wild speculation and rumour,

Yes of course, Robbored, that's why you spend so much time posting on a forum about transfer rumours and speculation.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That question is about belief, not hard facts.

No it's not.

we wouldn't know ether way as the club doesn't do its business in public,

I expect we have bid for him as the club haven't said anything on te matter which generally means they are in for the player but playing their cards close to their chest 

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we wouldn't know ether way as the club doesn't do its business in public,

I expect we have bid for him as the club haven't said anything on te matter which generally means they are in for the player but playing their cards close to their chest 

Just as all clubs don't do business in public for obvious reasons.

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's exactly why I only believe what I read on the OS and pay no attention to wild speculation and rumour, much of which stems  largely from social media.

Why have you not let us know this before. 

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

or this guy who's mainly been a number 2 for most his career isn't any better then what we actually have

Except that what we actually have is an injured First team keeper and two young 'uns who are deemed not ready .

If he's not better than that then he may as well turn it now.

4 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

New EU security checks introduced this year to protect EU borders will apply to us, this will require payment and completion of online form giving details of us and the reasons for our trip which will lead to delays, the open skies agreement giving us cheap air fares will end, our EU health cards will cease to operate and lead to increased insurance costs, existing customs arrangements will end preventing  us taking certain items into EU and bringing items back, plus increased customs checks at border as a consequence, no free movement across internal EU borders, e.g. between France and Belgium, and of course the general uncertainty of how specific countries will implement such changes. 

These and similar issues may in time be tackled but the initial post Brexit period is likely to be difficult and even when the dust settles we shall be in a far less advantageous position than we have enjoyed in most people's lifetimes.

I for one will be avoiding EU holidays for a while until we see what the problems are.

PS At least everything will be clearer by the time LJ takes us into our first European campaign 

Interesting Ivor. 

The overriding thing of the entire Brexit process and not just for me is that the EU and particularly that ponsy Polish Nurd and the irritating Barnier, who both seem to want to criticise everything to do with the UK just for the sake of it, is that the EU has filibustered everything; they are petrified of losing the 2nd largest contributor to the EU budget and that if they don't throw spanners in the works at every hurdle other countries will get the same idea as us and jump ship. 

The sad epitaph of Brexit will be decades long soured relations with Europe because of the corrupt pig headed pricks in Brussels. If you are smart enough to see through the incessant media bashing of the idea of leaving the EU, whether you are for in or for out I hasten to add, I see a hardening Brexit or Remain vote but infinitely more the former; most remainers i speak to want democracy to prevail. I despise someone like Blair or Major coming on in their higher than mighty bullshit and asking for a totally undemocratic second referendum; they truly have taken the anti Brexit media onslaught and the filibustering into their heart and mind as gospel and reacted accordingly.  Truly epic anti democratic errors of judgement. 

Sadly May has backed herself into a straight jacket thanks to the catastrophic election balls up and it is now costing both her and the nation because she has not the steel to see it through... or has she; i must see through the mist of the media and be patient!

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Clever of Lee to submit his team for the Forest game to the FA already 

Got it covered

:yawn:

1.  A Trialist

2  J Hunt

3. L Kelly

Lee is very confident with that line up then. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Me I don’t believe the official site 25% of the time. They can say what they want it doesn’t make it true. Ask the rest of the internet that the club post its website on!

However if we are talking about signings then watching a bloke sign something and be interviewed about it is pretty compelling evidence he is now our player! :laugh:!

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Show me the evidence that we did make an offer.

That’s not what I asked. 

You said, and I quote that ‘it wasn’t true’. That is a statement of fact, not opinion. And the only way you can possibly say that and be correct, is if you know first hand that a bid was not made. 

Now, you may or may not believe that an offer was made. That’s fine. But based on available evidence you cannot correctly say that it wasn’t true. 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Hang on, there's no evidence that we did, there's no evidence we didn't. Which by your comment above means you admit you just don't know, yes?

But you said..... "regardless of the source it wasn't true". That's you making something up. Or speculating wildly at least I would say.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Guess what? .............regardless of the source it wasn't true..............:cool:

Seems strange then that the board at Columbus Crew went to the trouble of releasing a statement saying the offer was turned down because of the timing of it? 
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3570142/columbus-crew-sc-turns-down-bristol-citys-offer-for-zack-steffen

Also the fact that you have posted this on a thread about a completely different goalkeeper, probably tells us something about your own insight.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Seems strange then that the board at Columbus Crew went to the trouble of releasing a statement saying the offer was turned down because of the timing of it? 
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3570142/columbus-crew-sc-turns-down-bristol-citys-offer-for-zack-steffen

Also the fact that you have posted this on a thread about a completely different goalkeeper, probably tells us something about your own insight.

Are you honestly so naive that you believe that the board of Columbus Crew know more about Columbus Crew’s transfer dealings than Robbored? Wise up mate ;) 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Are you honestly so naive that you believe that the board of Columbus Crew know more about Columbus Crew’s transfer dealings than Robbored? Wise up mate ;) 

would wouldn't say anything on him until A) a bid is accepted (money talks) and B) we've secured a work permit, this one could drag on

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Fake news...............:whistle:

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

would wouldn't say anything on him until A) a bid is accepted (money talks) and B) we've secured a work permit, this one could drag on

Looking CC's statement regarding the timing of this, I think we could have a new goalkeeper in January. The regular season doesn't finish until the end of October,  and they are well in the top 6 in their league, so look like a good bet to qualify and continue to play potentially until the beginning of December. They want to keep him until their season finishes and that's beyond the summer transfer window. 

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Interesting Ivor. 

The overriding thing of the entire Brexit process and not just for me is that the EU and particularly that ponsy Polish Nurd and the irritating Barnier, who both seem to want to criticise everything to do with the UK just for the sake of it, is that the EU has filibustered everything; they are petrified of losing the 2nd largest contributor to the EU budget and that if they don't throw spanners in the works at every hurdle other countries will get the same idea as us and jump ship. 

The sad epitaph of Brexit will be decades long soured relations with Europe because of the corrupt pig headed pricks in Brussels. If you are smart enough to see through the incessant media bashing of the idea of leaving the EU, whether you are for in or for out I hasten to add, I see a hardening Brexit or Remain vote but infinitely more the former; most remainers i speak to want democracy to prevail. I despise someone like Blair or Major coming on in their higher than mighty bullshit and asking for a totally undemocratic second referendum; they truly have taken the anti Brexit media onslaught and the filibustering into their heart and mind as gospel and reacted accordingly.  Truly epic anti democratic errors of judgement. 

Sadly May has backed herself into a straight jacket thanks to the catastrophic election balls up and it is now costing both her and the nation because she has not the steel to see it through... or has she; i must see through the mist of the media and be patient!

Lee is very confident with that line up then. 

Couldn’t agree more. Very well put.

Archived