IGNORED

Niki Mäenpää - Now Officially Signed (Merged)

CiderJar

Sensible signing I feel especially if we splash out big for a keeper before the window shuts!

Gives Max the chance to head out on loan potentially and provides cover for fielding/New Keeper. Regardless of whether or not you rate Fielding he does seem to pick up lots of little injuries 

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he gave a mom performance in a 1-1 draw with spain in 2014 in a world cup qualifying game but hey lets not let facts get in the way of your ranting?

Coming from you 

of all posters on this forum

’Mr Always Angry’

Thats really funny

:laughcont:

Thanks 

:laughcont: :thumbsup:

:laughcont:

50 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

His career hardly inspires confidence though and if he’d had anything about him he wouldn’t have accepted being a third choice and gone and got a first team spot somewhere

Just my opinion

Not impressed atm

Agree 100%.

Not convinced he's any better than O'Leary. Fielding's injury has thrown a spanner in the works so needs must. 

A proper no.1 is still a priority for me, allowing O'Leary to go out on loan and gain experience.

I appreciate he didn't play much for us but every time I saw him play - including for our U23s - he was very good. Had an ability to fill you with confidence by being so assured and reliable.

I know it's not a huge sample size but I honestly believe he'll do well for you.

Adam El-Abd was a bit different - we loved him as he became a cult figure - and also Gus Poyet some how developed him into more than just an aggressive League One calibre player - but I think a lot of El-Abd success was perhaps due to Poyet's coaching and how well structured the club were tactically at the time.

Also fwiw very few have a bad word to say about Baldock. Reading fans quite negative about him which we think is ridiculous. He was a great pro and did a great job for the team with us, at the expense of his own personal glory.

1 minute ago, Turkey said:

I appreciate he didn't play much for us but every time I saw him play - including for our U23s - he was very good. Had an ability to fill you with confidence by being so assured and reliable.

I know it's not a huge sample size but I honestly believe he'll do well for you.

Adam El-Abd was a bit different - we loved him as he became a cult figure - and also Gus Poyet some how developed him into more than just an aggressive League One calibre player - but I think a lot of El-Abd success was perhaps due to Poyet's coaching and how well structured the club were tactically at the time.

Also fwiw very few have a bad word to say about Baldock. Reading fans quite negative about him which we think is ridiculous. He was a great pro and did a great job for the team with us, at the expense of his own personal glory.

he was for us as well, but for sum on here, unless you score 40 a season you'll always be shit

Looking through Twitter, I feel bad for the guy. We make a big announcement for him and he gets a ton of shit. For all we know he might be a solid keeper at this level, if given the chance to start.

With that being said, it sounds like LJ wants him as our backup keeper, allowing O'Leary to head out on loan and get competitive game time. There's no point having a development keeper on the bench.

1 minute ago, EnderMB said:

Looking through Twitter, I feel bad for the guy. We make a big announcement for him and he gets a ton of shit. For all we know he might be a solid keeper at this level, if given the chance to start.

With that being said, it sounds like LJ wants him as our backup keeper, allowing O'Leary to head out on loan and get competitive game time. There's no point having a development keeper on the bench.

Twitter is shit. We all know it.

2 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

My biggest concern with this signing is learning how to pronounce his name. Anyone know? It took quite some time to work out Diedhou!

The bloke next to me up the ground still calls him didgeridoo...

Niki will do for me

4 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

My biggest concern with this signing is learning how to pronounce his name. Anyone know? It took quite some time to work out Diedhou!

My-en-pa

11 minutes ago, Turkey said:

Don’t you come round here being all billy big bollox with your ‘facts’ and your ‘informed viewpoint’ and ‘first hand knowledge’. Pah. 

We prefer to slag players off before they’ve even kicked a ball, thank you very much. 

7 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

I wouldn’t worry. Downsy hasn’t got a clue how to pronounce footballers names yet managed to get himself a job where it’s pretty much the only requirement! 

Archived