IGNORED

Niki Mäenpää - Now Officially Signed (Merged)

CiderJar

Swedish and Finnish languages are totally unrelated. 

Swedish is a Germanic language whereas Finnish is a Ural language. It's origins are the Uralic Mountain region of Russia. It is one of two such Western European with Hungarian also of Uralic origin. Although I understand that the two don't sound like each other. 

All other European languages are Indo-European. 

I assume Niki speaks better English than some of our English squad members. 

25 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

My biggest concern with this signing is learning how to pronounce his name. Anyone know? It took quite some time to work out Diedhou!

The bloke next to me up the ground still calls him didgeridoo...

Ni-key.

No need to thank me, I’m here to help! ?

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Welcome Niki!

You are the second Finnish player representing Bristol City  The first one was Pertti Jantunen in the seventees.

Scandinavian Branch 

Great player was Pertti, but shame about the little blonde moustache.

He was certainly the FINNish article

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

I can't wait to see this fella holding up his GK shirt, then flipping it around to show squad number 4 on the back dropping it!

41 minutes ago, Jcolebristol said:

My biggest concern with this signing is learning how to pronounce his name. Anyone know? It took quite some time to work out Diedhou!

The bloke next to me up the ground still calls him didgeridoo...

Ma 'n' pa?

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

One coming from a bigger and more successful club, who they are disappointed to see move on, to boot.

3 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I bet you not one person on this forum has seen him play. Not one.  

I do tend to like it though when people slate players on here, as normally they always end up working out.  Wilbraham springs to mind. 

Agree . I also understand people’s frustration surrounding the keeper situation. I really wished we signed that American keeper (who I’ve never seen play). I’m not excited by this signing. But writing him off before he plays. Not me 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Brighton fans on Twitter seem to be saying he's been very reliable for them and didn't let them down. Fairly good endorsement, usually opposition fans are negative about departing players.

They also said El Abd was good! 

Edit - didn’t read whole thread. Now see Dolman Tone got there before me. News +1 

Archived