IGNORED

Niki Mäenpää - Now Officially Signed (Merged)

CiderJar

1 hour ago, Turkey said:

I appreciate he didn't play much for us but every time I saw him play - including for our U23s - he was very good. Had an ability to fill you with confidence by being so assured and reliable.

We're more used to our keepers filling us with confidence by being on the bench.

After waiting for keeper signing for so long (what's the agregate in OTIB pages - I make it 32 - that's 3, 632,594 words, 154 people with blisters on their fingers and 223 boxes of paracetemol taken, gas and air and a massive gurt birth pool) we've been through a exceptionally long pregnancy with complications and finally given birth to a 6 foot eleven 33 year old babby.  Phew!!

That one made my eyes water!!

Good luck Niki, my cocker!!

9 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

poor underwhelming signing, hope max is number 1 and this guy is back up ! 

I agree Max should be given chance. At Bristol City you are not given the chance til you are an OAP. We got an U23 team. If you are not good enough at 23 you should get a job and not let them fool you.  

4 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

It’s Mai-en-pah. 

More May an Pay

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I agree Max should be given chance. At Brsitol City you are not given the chance til you are an OAP. We got an U23 team. If you are not good enough at 23 you shoulk get a job and not them fool you.  

More May en Pay

Tell that to kelly, Reid and Bryan 

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Tell that to kelly, Reid and Bryan 

Derby fielded the highest average starting XI in the league last year and narrowly missed out on promotion. 

Barnsley the youngest and relegated. 

Cutting their teeth in the lower leagues certainly hasn’t done the likes of Bryan, Reid, Vyner any harm. 

Fielding a team of kids is incompatible with the ambitions of the fan base at present. I’m all for youngsters like Max getting a full season away from the spotlight under their belts then pushing for first team here. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Can any of our Dutch friends give us some info on him? 

@willem ii 

The Brighton fans on their forum (North Stand chat) seem to think he is ok, plenty good enough for The Championship but unlucky to be behind some decent keepers in Stockdale & Ryan.

Still think he has been brought in as a back up to a new no.1.

Time will tell.

Archived