IGNORED

Niki Mäenpää - Now Officially Signed (Merged)

CiderJar

40 minutes ago, Renaissance Williams said:

I went to school in Bury St Edmunds. What's your problem with the place - it's fine if you don't sleep in a waste skip........

Forgive me if you realised this already mate but Tommy is talking about the many difficulties for the foreigner in following the mind-boggling minefield of English  pronunciations of heteronyms (same spelling, different sound)

between "Bury" (pronounced by Lancastrians as in "burn" ) and Bury St Edmunds  (pronounced by effete bloody southerners as in "berry")

sined

Mr Know-it-all Pedant . SK

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Can any of our Dutch friends give us some info on him? 

@willem ii 

He played for us from 2009-2011. So quite a long time ago. He was second in line and played 19 matches for us in two seasons. To be honest: At that time he did not impress very many supporters. We relegated in 2011, but I won't say that was his fault.... But perhaps he has grown a lot over the years. The fact that he plays for the national team should imply something...

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:
6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Hunstanton?

But how are you calling London as a truly Viking city? Heavily under Viking influence sure, and attacked I think three times, but it is surely Roman in true origin.

Now Dublin, Dublin is the greatest Viking city outside Scandinavia.

Hansa city/ports

Archived