IGNORED

Niki Mäenpää - Now Officially Signed (Merged)

CiderJar

9 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

what sort of keeper is he ? With so few games has anyone any info? Does he play out from the back with a high passing accuracy ? Assuming that is what we were looking for to assist the new game plan. 

Hope so. But it has to be said it helps that he is a big horrible-looking bugger. The football looks like a tennis ball in 'is gurt big 'ands.

3 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Are there seriously city fans who thought Baldock was shit ...? that's mental. 

No, that's such ridiculous hyperbole. 

You're only quoting from Monkeh's throwaway comment I know, but no one has said that.

We can all agree he was a prolific div.3 striker for City, it's evaluating his effectiveness in the Championship which is divisive.

1 hour ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Here's someone else with the same surname pronouncing it. It's My-un-pah. 

The a with umlaut in Finnish changes the letter a from "ah" as in "glass" to "a" as in "lash". It's not "ay".

My un pah it is then.

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No, that's such ridiculous hyperbole. 

You're only quoting from Monkeh's throwaway comment I know, but no one has said that.

We can all agree he was a prolific div.3 striker for City, it's evaluating his effectiveness in the Championship which is divisive.

I am not even sure that is debatable. He was a key player on a very good Brighton side who went toe to tow with Newcastle in a tough championship. City fans are in love with the idea of 20 goal strikers when in reality less than 10 will hit 15 or more. It is strictly a goals thing with SB imo

3 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

See all the usual Muppets criticise Niki before they have seen him play,what a welcome for the lad.

Chris Houghton wanted him to stay at Brighton and has been highly complimentary ...so why not give him a great welcome and support.

Hardly surprising. OTIB has more than its fair share of Statler and Waldorf’s. 

4 hours ago, davidoldfart said:

See all the usual Muppets criticise Niki before they have seen him play,what a welcome for the lad.

Chris Houghton wanted him to stay at Brighton and has been highly complimentary ...so why not give him a great welcome and support.

They did the same with Aaron Wilbraham, armchair critics!

Archived