IGNORED

Niki Mäenpää - Now Officially Signed (Merged)

CiderJar

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolutely not true...just looking at last season...

19 Sept 2017 - EFL Cup - Cherries 1 Brighton 0 - Krul in goal for Brighton

8 January 2018 - FA Cup - Brighton 2 Eagles 1 - Krul in goal for Brighton

27 January 2018 - FA Cup - Boro 0 Brighton 1 - Krul in goal for Brighton

17 February 2018 - FA Cup - Brighton 3 Coventry 1 - Krul in goal for Brighton

17 March 2018 - FA Cup - Man Utd 2 Brighton 0 - Krul in goal for Brighton

So, Maenpaa hasn’t played ‘in every Cup game for Brighton’ - you’ve had a ‘mare there mate....

Reasonably accurate for OTIB though. :)

1 hour ago, class not gas said:

Lee said today very important game for him tomorrow as far as earning a contract goes.Frankie out for 12 weeks according to Lee at fans talk in Marbella today.

12 weeks?!?! Hard to imagine the Shrewsbury injury is to blame for that. It was a contact injury. Hit the ground hard but looked like wind knocked out of him. Finished the half possibly another 5-10 min. Wonder if he has another muscle injury and we have just been assuming the knock from then? 

23 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

12 weeks?!?! Hard to imagine the Shrewsbury injury is to blame for that. It was a contact injury. Hit the ground hard but looked like wind knocked out of him. Finished the half possibly another 5-10 min. Wonder if he has another muscle injury and we have just been assuming the knock from then? 

Hip tendon it says on the OS. I`ve no idea how serious that is but it doesn`t sound too good, I imagine a bit like a hamstring.

8 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

We will sign him, especially with the rejected bid for Zack!

Think we will but he is Luke Steele’s replacement, not Frankie’s.

Still expect us to look to bring in another keeper even if he signs.

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Concerned that we’ve got ourselves in a bit of a mess with the keeper situation and will make poor decisions in panic

I don`t think it`s entirely the club`s fault in this instance though. We`ve obviously had bids out there for the likes of Henderson and Steffen and have been strung along a bit by players and agents I think. The injury to Frankie has complicated things big time though and unfortunately other clubs now know we are getting a bit desperate.

I take your point about panic decisions though - we`ve been there enough times in the past to know we are well capable of that - but hopefully we`ve learnt from it.

FWIW I think we`ll end up signing both Steffen and Maenpaa and Frankie will move on but probably not till January.

4 minutes ago, class not gas said:

He certainly  looks the part, looks really fit and has the perfect build for a keeper and very importantly  speaks perfect English. Seems to get on well with the other players as well.Lee said yesterday it's hard at the moment to find a reason not to sign him.

The only trouble is, his agent`s not involved yet!:ph34r:

15 minutes ago, class not gas said:

He certainly  looks the part, looks really fit and has the perfect build for a keeper and very importantly  speaks perfect English. Seems to get on well with the other players as well.Lee said yesterday it's hard at the moment to find a reason not to sign him.

Is he any good though?

Archived