IGNORED

Niki Mäenpää - Now Officially Signed (Merged)

CiderJar

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

From GrahamC :

My guess is it is all done, a one year deal but there is absolutely no need to rush to publicise it.

If its done why wouldnt they let us know?

Look, it is just a guess.

This guy has to decide if he wants to move both himself & his family to Bristol & we have to decide if we want him.

All the signs from LJs comments are that we probably do, but he is already with us and got to know the other players/ coaching staff in Spain, so unlike making  a signing from outside the club, there is no massive urgency.

It is simply ridiculous for some to expect the club to keep us updated on a daily basis over a trialist.

I’m sure it has dawned on them that the keeper situation needs resolving & I’d be very surprised if he hasn’t signed a deal by the Bournemouth game..

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

We all are - but some of us are patient and prepared to wait see.

Perhaps we should be like Posh and conduct our business via Twitter just to keep impatient fans happy. :whistle:

God forbid we should act in a professional manner if it irritates some fans. :disapointed2se:

4 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Because I am a paying supporter and I care. Thats why many of us log into the transfer forum numerous times every day. 

Check out the mess up from Roma over the new Barca signing, Malcolm. That's probably why they wait until its all done and dusted!

http://www.asroma.com/en/news/2018/7/monchi-explains-how-malcom-saga-unfolded

Not saying Maenpaa is in as much demand, but best to avoid such embarrassment.

1 hour ago, Jcolebristol said:

Check out the mess up from Roma over the new Barca signing, Malcolm. That's probably why they wait until its all done and dusted!

http://www.asroma.com/en/news/2018/7/monchi-explains-how-malcom-saga-unfolded

Not saying Maenpaa is in as much demand, but best to avoid such embarrassment.

Not even sure they are the same Mäenpää is a free agent, and he can go where he likes.  I think if this is going to happen it will be done by Friday as the season starts next weekend.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Are there perhaps work permit issues ongoing - Finland aren`t in the EU are they?

Yes, Finland is in EU. Only Nordic countries not in.EU are Iceland and Norway - worth remembering for holiday destinations post Brexit

3 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

They might be very in the EU ;) currency and all.

20 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Yes, Finland is in EU. Only Nordic countries not in.EU are Iceland and Norway - worth remembering for holiday destinations post Brexit

Thanks chaps. For some reason I didn`t think they were.

38 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

The fact that we haven't signed this guy yet indicates to me that the other deal isn't dead. Maybe I'm reading far too much into it? 

At this stage, I think we’re just keeping our options open and ears down. 

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Why?

New EU security checks introduced this year to protect EU borders will apply to us, this will require payment and completion of online form giving details of us and the reasons for our trip which will lead to delays, the open skies agreement giving us cheap air fares will end, our EU health cards will cease to operate and lead to increased insurance costs, existing customs arrangements will end preventing  us taking certain items into EU and bringing items back, plus increased customs checks at border as a consequence, no free movement across internal EU borders, e.g. between France and Belgium, and of course the general uncertainty of how specific countries will implement such changes. 

These and similar issues may in time be tackled but the initial post Brexit period is likely to be difficult and even when the dust settles we shall be in a far less advantageous position than we have enjoyed in most people's lifetimes.

I for one will be avoiding EU holidays for a while until we see what the problems are.

PS At least everything will be clearer by the time LJ takes us into our first European campaign 

53 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

New EU security checks introduced this year to protect EU borders will apply to us, this will require payment and completion of online form giving details of us and the reasons for our trip which will lead to delays, the open skies agreement giving us cheap air fares will end, our EU health cards will cease to operate and lead to increased insurance costs, existing customs arrangements will end preventing  us taking certain items into EU and bringing items back, plus increased customs checks at border as a consequence, no free movement across internal EU borders, e.g. between France and Belgium, and of course the general uncertainty of how specific countries will implement such changes. 

These and similar issues may in time be tackled but the initial post Brexit period is likely to be difficult and even when the dust settles we shall be in a far less advantageous position than we have enjoyed in most people's lifetimes.

I for one will be avoiding EU holidays for a while until we see what the problems are.

PS At least everything will be clearer by the time LJ takes us into our first European campaign 

Are you using scare tactics? 

11 hours ago, Badger08 said:

The fact that we haven't signed this guy yet indicates to me that the other deal isn't dead. Maybe I'm reading far too much into it? 

or this guy who's mainly been a number 2 for most his career isn't any better then what we actually have

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

we're still part of the EU at the moment none of that will take affect until we actually leave

19 hours ago, chinapig said:

Perhaps we should be like Posh and conduct our business via Twitter just to keep impatient fans happy. :whistle:

God forbid we should act in a professional manner if it irritates some fans. :disapointed2se:

What fans want, fans don't always get!

19 hours ago, GrahamC said:

This guy has to decide if he wants to move both himself & his family to Bristol & we have to decide if we want him.

All the signs from LJs comments are that we probably do, but he is already with us and got to know the other players/ coaching staff in Spain, so unlike making  a signing from outside the club, there is no massive urgency.

It is simply ridiculous for some to expect the club to keep us updated on a daily basis over a trialist.

I’m sure it has dawned on them that the keeper situation needs resolving & I’d be very surprised if he hasn’t signed a deal by the Bournemouth game..

So.........the rumour that Zac Steffan was going to sign was completely false?  

Hmmmm.......not like social media to get things wrong...........:cool2:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I think the thing I enjoy most about this particular wind up of yours is that you must know deep down you’re wrong. Despite that, you keep up the facade that you genuinely believe all rumour and gossip posted anywhere but bcfc.co.uk to be worthless.

I admire the perseverance in a way, even if it is a pretty unusual thing to do.

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think the thing I enjoy most about this particular wind up of yours is that you must know deep down you’re wrong. Despite that, you keep up the facade that you genuinely believe all rumour and gossip posted anywhere but bcfc.co.uk to be worthless.

I admire the perseverance in a way, even if it is a pretty unusual thing to do.

And the thing is, the rumours never said we were going to sign him. They were that we bid, they considered then rejected it. There were literally no rumours say bid accepted, personal terms agreed or medical scheduled. 

Surprised RR is not on 95% of the other threads with the same message! 

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Zack Steffen (note spelling) rumour didn’t come from social media, it came from US journalists.

Archived