IGNORED

Niki Mäenpää - Now Officially Signed (Merged)

CiderJar

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Couldn’t give two monkeys about how many tweets 

Designed to amuse fans like you

More concerned with the quality of our keeper options right now personally 

Christ, you'd be fun on a night out.......lighten up

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

His career hardly inspires confidence though and if he’d had anything about him he wouldn’t have accepted being a third choice and gone and got a first team spot somewhere

Just my opinion

Not impressed atm

playing 26 times for you national side is good

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Couldn’t give two monkeys about how many tweets 

Designed to amuse fans like you

More concerned with the quality of our keeper options right now personally 

What do you mean by the comment 'fans like you'?  

So 'publicly' we've gone from trying to sign a 3-4 millon highly rated American, to signing a 3rd choice GK who's played 2 games in 3 years, and this is replacing a GK who many would have said should have been replaced when we moved up to the Championship......

Unfortunately like centre midfield it seems we are unable to find/attract a quality player in a key position, and this will only hinder us. I have been generally happy with this transfer window but this position should have been sorted about 5 transfer windows ago!

Nether the less, good luck Niki..... you'll need it if you start kicking balls out of touch from goal kick!

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

In his career to date the highest he’s played at is 3 seasons in Dutch 1st div and last 6 years ago

Yea a cracking CC

Time to make a step up ?

At 33 ?

I'd wager 26 times for your country is higher then the dutch 1st div

2 minutes ago, brad blit said:

So 'publicly' we've gone from trying to sign a 3-4 millon highly rated American, to signing a 3rd choice GK who's played 2 games in 3 years, and this is replacing a GK who many would have said should have been replaced when we moved up to the Championship......

Unfortunately like centre midfield it seems we are unable to find/attract a quality player in a key position, and this will only hinder us. I have been generally happy with this transfer window but this position should have been sorted about 5 transfer windows ago!

Nether the less, good luck Niki..... you'll need it if you start kicking balls out of touch from goal kick!

But, as @Monkeh points out above, a 1 year deal on a 33-year old who is a free agent is very possibly a stop gap.  Come January we sign Steffen and flog Frankie to whoever is in the bottom 5 of the league. then we finish the season with Steffen as 1 and Niki as 2. Next summer Niki retires, moves on or possibly stays on a limited pay-as-you-play and we have Steffen number 1 and Max as number 2. Tidy.

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I'd wager 26 times for your country is higher then the dutch 1st div

Not a gauge at all

Depends on your country and if there is any reasonable competition amongst your fellow Nationals

His appearances came in in early season 10 years ago btw never picked once since

Archived