IGNORED

Bolton away tickets

BCFC1512

I know Bolton are strapped for cash but that’s too much, yes I realise we charge similar at times but I won’t pay that. Not cheap to travel to either

Didn’t make the game last year as it was switched for TV to a Friday night I think, not going to this one now either. Anyway it’s Balloon Fiesta weekend, 40th Anniversary, lots of shapes planned. :bounce:

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That's the problem, the sooner the Efl does what the premier league has done and introduces a price cap the better 

totally agree

I know it's tough for the fans but we really can't moan about other teams prices when ours are overpriced as well.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

totally agree

I know it's tough for the fans but we really can't moan about other teams prices when ours are overpriced as well.

indeed,

its why I rarely go away these days 30 - 40 quid for a ticket anything up to 200 quid for travel plus another 50 quid for food and drink, just can't justify it these days,  

Could be cheaper if I went with cats but the stories about coach one put me off that, ;) 

6 hours ago, Super said:

can't moan about other teams prices when ours are overpriced as well.

Although our seats are a few metres from the pitch, so at least you're paying to be close to the action.

Last season Bolton was another of the increasing number of places that stick you up in the upper tier.

For £32 that is a rip off. Could have sworn before they were relegated we were down in the lower tier?

11 minutes ago, Olé said:

Although our seats are a few metres from the pitch, so at least you're paying to be close to the action.

Last season Bolton was another of the increasing number of places that stick you up in the upper tier.

For £32 that is a rip off. Could have sworn before they were relegated we were down in the lower tier?

Yep, our 520 fans were in the upper tier that night (see below)....although it’s not like being stuck in the ‘gods’ at Newcastle..

284522B9-6CAA-4D3C-BF4B-4BE9A5A72E2F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

although it’s not like being stuck in the ‘gods’ at Newcastle..

Oh I quite agree, but for me it's all proportional to the amount of atmosphere below you. 

Newcastle works because the stadium is packed and the atmosphere carries. Bolton, as per your photo, not so much!

Sadly that's what happens at a lot of these Championship clubs that stick us out the way, behind a complete vacuum.

It's why I still believe instead of giving small away supports one side of the Atyeo, they should net off the first 15 rows.

Put them along the back of the Atyeo and make them all feel like they are at least a little disconnected from their side.

26 minutes ago, Olé said:

Oh I quite agree, but for me it's all proportional to the amount of atmosphere below you. 

Newcastle works because the stadium is packed and the atmosphere carries. Bolton, as per your photo, not so much!

Sadly that's what happens at a lot of these Championship clubs that stick us out the way, behind a complete vacuum.

It's why I still believe instead of giving small away supports one side of the Atyeo, they should net off the first 15 rows.

Put them along the back of the Atyeo and make them all feel like they are at least a little disconnected from their side.

Totally agree, we’ve always been very generous with where we put away fans....obviously stadium logistics and size have been an issue....but these days I’d like to see them given one block of the upper Lansdown....Newcastle and Villa fans for example must have loved having fun in the Atyeo, right behind the goal, filling the whole stand.....when we get shoved right up in the gods at St James’ Park and a small section on the side of the pitch at Villa Park....

31 minutes ago, Olé said:

I agree with the sentiment Rob definitely, but do two ‘wrongs’ make a right here? Should our liaison officers or whoever at BCFC not be trying to get us a better deal when we are away as opposed to punishing those who visit us? Maybe it’s pie in the sky to think this may or could happen but it’d be worth a shot if possible. 

7 hours ago, Super said:

totally agree

Yes you absolutely can. We didn't set the prices and we're the ones who have to bear the cost.

It is steep but like others have said we’re not much better. 

Premier league is capped at £30, the championship could at least do that. Ideally it would be £20 but can’t see clubs agreeing to that. 

What I noticed last season, is that we turned down Ipswich offer to all clubs of £20 tickets as long as we gave them the same price in return. 

16 hours ago, Olé said:

Definitely in the lower tier when we went there the year they went down, and a few years before that when they'd just come down from the PL.

Isn’t there a rule or agreement that some pitchside seats have to be made available for away fans at every ground? Did I dream it or is is Premiership only, if the latter it’s just another thing the Premiership do better than everyone else.

45 minutes ago, RedM said:

Isn’t there a rule or agreement that some pitchside seats have to be made available for away fans at every ground? Did I dream it or is is Premiership only, if the latter it’s just another thing the Premiership do better than everyone else.

Think that's PL only.

I know it is stating the obvious,but as long as people pay these prices they will become more common and continue to increase. It is a real shame that fans of all clubs will not stick together.Combined,supporters would yield a lot of power if they stuck to their guns.Sorry ,I know this argument has been done to death.

On 16/07/2018 at 13:57, Monkeh said:

indeed,

its why I rarely go away these days 30 - 40 quid for a ticket anything up to 200 quid for travel plus another 50 quid for food and drink, just can't justify it these days,  

Could be cheaper if I went with cats but the stories about coach one put me off that, ;) 

You going on a private jet and having a three course meal for those prices @Monkeh? :)

Only messing, totally agree away prices are ridiculous in this league sometimes, and we, as a club, should include ourselves in that, we charge a lot too.

Archived