IGNORED

Bolton away tickets

BCFC1512

On 16/07/2018 at 20:22, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, our 520 fans were in the upper tier that night (see below)....although it’s not like being stuck in the ‘gods’ at Newcastle..

284522B9-6CAA-4D3C-BF4B-4BE9A5A72E2F.jpeg

Awful game but one of the best moments from last season for me, our kid who was rather drunk, slipped whilst walking down from the very top, rolled down about 10 flights of steps, luckily as he rolled down the steps he was rolling at an angle so that saved him from going all the way down, well that will teach him to drink too much and walk down the steps with his hands in his pockets.  Will be there again in a few weeks time so will have to see what he does this time to make me cry with laughter!

Just paid for my ticket and noticed the good old £1 booking fee per ticket is still around.

This is now illegal for card payments, although evidently City are pitching it as a general booking fee.

However I'm also paying £1 for postage (which is not the real cost either) so "putting in an envelope" is covered. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO - what gives? With everything that has happened with season tickets, why is City milking away fans?

Since it was £1 prior to the ban on credit card surcharges, where have you absorbed your cost for card payments, as required by law?

It would be very hard for City to make the case that it was compliant with new laws when nowhere have you amended this charging structure.

Just saying, like.

(As an aside, the club already does **** all for fans who live away from Bristol and still travel home/away, perhaps combining postage and booking would be a start).

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Just paid for my ticket and noticed the good old £1 booking fee per ticket is still around.

This is now illegal for card payments, although evidently City are pitching it as a general booking fee.

However I'm also paying £1 for postage (which is not the real cost either) so "putting in an envelope" is covered. 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO - what gives? With everything that has happened with season tickets, why is City milking away fans?

Since it was £1 prior to the ban on credit card surcharges, where have you absorbed your cost for card payments, as required by law?

It would be very hard for City to make the case that it was compliant with new laws when nowhere have you amended this charging structure.

Just saying, like.

(As an aside, the club already does **** all for fans who live away from Bristol and still travel home/away, perhaps combining postage and booking would be a start).

Hi @Olé

i have asked the team at Ashton Gate who manage ticketing to come back to me with answers to your questions, so will come back to you as soon as I get the information.

Matt

18 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

You going on a private jet and having a three course meal for those prices @Monkeh? :)

Only messing, totally agree away prices are ridiculous in this league sometimes, and we, as a club, should include ourselves in that, we charge a lot too.

I'm not quite at the private jet money yet coxy 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

More to do with the expected time of returning back in weston 

The main reason for the long journey times is there are no trains running whatsoever into Bolton or Horwich Parkway on that day, so there is a 1h20min stopping bus service from Manchester and back (any insight @Never to the dark side?)

My suggestion would be to travel to Wigan (direct fast train from Birmingham) and then a 15 minute taxi (less than £10 if pre-booked) direct to Macron. Stayed over and drunk in Wigan last season and did the same before/after the game.

19 hours ago, phantom said:

Won't be doing this one by train !!

image.png

As Ole said above, get the train to and from Wigan which is around 6 miles away. You can get the 1830 back from Wigan and arrive back at Temple meads at 2134 and then get the last train at 2202 to Weston. Job done...

@Olé @Monkeh

I have spoken to the ticketing team who have advised the following regards ticketing fees; 

• The £1 fee is not a card transaction fee but a general admin fee.
  • There is a £1 per ticket for all tickets purchased unless you purchase a home ticket online and choose the print at home or load to card option.
  • If fans call supporter services to to book tickets then they are charged a £1 fee per ticket, except disabled supporters as they’re not currently able to purchase their tickets online.
  • All away tickets are also subject to a £1 admin fee too. 
  • There is a £1 postage fee per booking (this is standard across clubs, with some charging more) The £1 postage is per booking regardless of size, so if you book 1 ticket you pay £1, if you book 10 tickets you pay £1 (as long as they’re booked in the same transaction).

When i'm back ill speak to the department in person to see if the admin fee/postage can be combined as per your suggestion. 

Matt

6 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

@Olé @Monkeh

I have spoken to the ticketing team who have advised the following regards ticketing fees; 

• The £1 fee is not a card transaction fee but a general admin fee.
  • There is a £1 per ticket for all tickets purchased unless you purchase a home ticket online and choose the print at home or load to card option.
  • If fans call supporter services to to book tickets then they are charged a £1 fee per ticket, except disabled supporters as they’re not currently able to purchase their tickets online.
  • All away tickets are also subject to a £1 admin fee too. 
  • There is a £1 postage fee per booking (this is standard across clubs, with some charging more) The £1 postage is per booking regardless of size, so if you book 1 ticket you pay £1, if you book 10 tickets you pay £1 (as long as they’re booked in the same transaction).

When i'm back ill speak to the department in person to see if the admin fee/postage can be combined as per your suggestion. 

Matt

So effectively the ticket office are in the employment of fans rather than Bristol Sport.

If I go a pub, I don't have to pay an extra quid for someone to serve me a drink, it's a blended cost so staffing is a considered part of the cost.

There shouldn't be extra costs on tickets just so those who work in the ticket office can do the job they are employed to do.

What falls under the bracket of 'general admin'?

25 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Thanks Matt, appreciate you following it up - and carrying forward the above item, which would be welcome and logical.

It's clearly complete BS (not that one!) however, what is the admin for an online transaction besides putting a printed ticket in an envelope, and surely that task doesn't cost £1, and could and should be paid for by the balance of the £1 postage charge. What other admin is there?

Is there a booking fee for buying a ticket in person? That would use several minutes of a Bristol Sport employee and purchasing online does not. This isn't a fair or credible fee structure at all, and like I said, where have the card fees been absorbed, as the charge hasn't changed!

Also, as others have mentioned on OTIB before, quite a few other clubs at this level actually do things like sponsor away support to encourage a large away following in a tough division, it is a little sad that we're doing the total opposite and profiteering from our away supporters.

33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What falls under the bracket of 'general admin'?

I'm glad you asked.

And for Season Ticket holders, couldn't our "personal account manager" muck in?

Archived