IGNORED

Fammy’s ridiculously harsh punishment

bcfcredandwhite

....... 6 game ban has been upheld. 

For spitting FFS - he is protesting his innocence but let’s assume he is guilty (the FA have) then what an utter utter disproportionate punishment for a non-contact offence.

To get it in perspective it’s on a par with breaking someone’s leg - badly!!!!!!

Rules around red cards and bans:
If a player is sent off for a professional foul (eg holding an opponent back when they’re through on goal) or a second bookable offence they will be handed a one-match ban.

In the World Cup 2018, a red card would result in a one game ban for the player.

Straight red cards for dissent will result in a two match ban, while dangerous tackles or violent conduct will result in a three-match ban which can be raised to four or more games in extreme cases.

Dumped on methinks.

4 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

....... 6 game ban has been upheld. 

For spitting FFS - he is protesting his innocence but let’s assume he is guilty (the FA have) then what an utter utter disproportionate punishment for a non-contact offence.

To get it in perspective it’s on a par with breaking someone’s leg - badly!!!!!!

Rules around red cards and bans:
If a player is sent off for a professional foul (eg holding an opponent back when they’re through on goal) or a second bookable offence they will be handed a one-match ban.

In the World Cup 2018, a red card would result in a one game ban for the player.

Straight red cards for dissent will result in a two match ban, while dangerous tackles or violent conduct will result in a three-match ban which can be raised to four or more games in extreme cases.

Dumped on methinks.

Sorry I don’t agree. Spitting is the most disgusting thing a person can do to another and it has no place on the sports field. If it isn’t dealt with severely , before you know it , it will be a common occurance. Don’t want my club associated with spitting to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Sorry I don’t agree. Spitting is the most disgusting thing a person can do to another and it has no place on the sports field. If it isn’t dealt with severely , before you know it , it will be a common occurance. Don’t want my club associated with spitting to be honest. 

Agree but have to admit a broken leg is a worse thing to happen to you... the point is though a hard tackle can break a leg... part of the game and risks taken by all players... spitting is definitely not.

6 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I agree THWNN.

However, for such a severe ban to be handed out I am astounded at the apparent lack of any tangible evidence being presented. I would have expected that fans somewhere ( whether Blues or City) would have posted film of the "incident", as seems to happen for just about every other contentious incident in any match these days, but as far as I am aware there has been nothing.

Am I being a bit naive in thinking that had the FA presented evidence to back up the charge, then City would not have gone to the trouble of appealing the charge and ban?

Added to the fact that the charge was brought ages after the match, the whole issue seems very odd.

41 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hard to have an opinion on it when we haven't seen footage. Obviously the club don't agree with it, which makes me think it's not clear. I didnt think the Wright incident vs Fulham was at all clear, yet he was found guilty. 

If there is such a level of doubt or uncertainty, the ban shouldn't probably (IMO) stand.

We probably won't as it wouldn't be quick and for the length of ban maybe wouldn't be worth it, but I wonder how the CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) may rule in such a case.

@BRISTOL86

Dunno about corruption as such, but an over-willingness, over readiness to believe the claimant maybe?

These processes are far from transparent and this creates problems for sure I think.

There must be fairly strong evidence for him to be banned and then an appeal thrown out. 

And if he has done it then it’s not a harsh punishment at all. 

Not gonna throw him under the bus but at this point I think we have to assume the offence has occurred unless we’re accusing the FA of corruption? Surely they’re not handing out 6 game bans on word of mouth. 

33 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If there is such a level of doubt or uncertainty, the ban shouldn't probably (IMO) stand.

We probably won't as it wouldn't be quick and for the length of ban maybe wouldn't be worth it, but I wonder how the CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) may rule in such a case.

@BRISTOL86

Dunno about corruption as such, but an over-willingness, over readiness to believe the claimant maybe?

These processes are far from transparent and this creates problems for sure I think.

Yeah I think that’s probably fair. But surely they couldn’t (or you’d hope they couldn’t) throw around that kind of punishment on his word alone? You’d think there must be some kind of evidence that isn’t in the public domain? 

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Are you serious?  Spitting is the worst thing a person can do to another?  Why do you think that?  I can think of a hundred things I would regard as worse than spitting, so why do you see it as being so bad?  Serious question.  Just trying to understand why people regard it as so heinous.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yeah I think that’s probably fair. But surely they couldn’t (or you’d hope they couldn’t) throw around that kind of punishment on his word alone? You’d think there must be some kind of evidence that isn’t in the public domain? 

I would have thought that if they are going to charge a player and impose such a hefty ban, then the player and club must surely be made aware of the evidence that supports such a punishment.

I cannot believe that Fammy has been charged and found guilty on the verbal evidence of the Birmingham player alone. If he has/was and it is a matter of his word against the other's, then that would just be ridiculous.

As I've mentioned previously, if evidence was made available to the club/player then surely we would not have appealed the decision if the evidence was conclusive.

Very odd - but perhaps that's the way football administration works!

Of course there’s one way to solve this.

The club have seen, and are in receipt of, the ‘evidence’.

Something exists - it’s quality is what we don’t know. If the club feel the FA are wrong, publish the evidence. Even if they feel the FA are right, publish. There’s no way the FA could stop them doing so.

At least that way we know if we’re erroneously defending a spitter, or we have a very harsh decision by an archaic ruling body. I don’t agree all the time with the feeling that we as fans must be told all that’s going on, but what we have here is a vile act alleged to have occurred under our badge - so in this case, I think the club owe us transparency rather than the current guessing game.

Interesting responses to this. 

Just to clarify my own position in case there is any doubt; I think spitting is disgusting and wrong - and should incur a punishment, but worse than breaking someone’s leg it most certainly is NOT. 

Thats like jailing someone for 30 years for nicking a mobile phone (definitely a crime) but only 10 for rape or murder. 

Disproportionate and wrong imho. 

6 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Interesting responses to this. 

Just to clarify my own position in case there is any doubt; I think spitting is disgusting and wrong - and should incur a punishment, but worse than breaking someone’s leg it most certainly is NOT. 

Thats like jailing someone for 30 years for nicking a mobile phone (definitely a crime) but only 10 for rape or murder. 

Disproportionate and wrong imho. 

Or fining someone £50k for wearing the wrong brand of socks but only £16k for racism.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Or fining someone £50k for wearing the wrong brand of socks but only £16k for racism.

I am sure they are sending the correct message and are clearly a fit and Robust Organisation and totally suited for the job. They have changed after the corruption of the previous regime and are squeaky clean.

In my defense I have been drinking for the last three hours and am probably talking absolute bollocks. :thumbsup:  

9 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Are you serious?  Spitting is the worst thing a person can do to another?  Why do you think that?  I can think of a hundred things I would regard as worse than spitting, so why do you see it as being so bad?  Serious question.  Just trying to understand why people regard it as so heinous.

I never said it was the worst thing did I? I said the most disgusting. If you want me to say that murder, rape, defrauding life savings etc etc then yes they are much worse obviously, but in the context of two people having an altercation what can be more disgusting than gobbing in their face? 

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I never said it was the worst thing did I? I said the most disgusting. If you want me to say that murder, rape, defrauding life savings etc etc then yes they are much worse obviously, but in the context of two people having an altercation what can be more disgusting than gobbing in their face? 

Well, punching, gouging, headbutting, all of those I suppose.  Yet, it appears that the football authorities regard those as less offences, which I find odd.  I agree that spitting is pretty disgusting, but given the choice I'd rather be spat at than have my nose broken

13 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Hey if someone wants to spit on me they better be ready for a scrap, but i would much rather that than a broken leg.

presumably there must be video of ghis somewhere, but why this cant be released ive no idea?

Archived