IGNORED

Dave Cottle, sad news

StuMillett

Hi, I am a friend of Dave’s who sat with him a few times each season to catch up and watch the boys.

It is with great sadness I am sharing that Dave passed away this week suddenly aged 53.

Dave was a lifelong fan and sat in the Ian Cottle wheelchair area named after his brother, a previous City super fan winner who sadly passed away 5 years earlier. Dave and Ian went to countless games together over the years with Ian being dedicated to make sure Dave could make the games. They were both big campaigners for disabled supporters and engaged with the club about transforming these facilities, for those that use them what we have now is unrecognisable from the previous corrugated roof dug outs.

Despite Ian’s loss Dave was determined to continue making the games and indeed I came with him to the very next game after Ian passed. Dave, a Bath resident, was lucky to find new friends from Bath who could regularly bring him to matches. Kenny, a man who I met many times, and took up to the Etihad and Wembley previously, but I just know him as Kenny and have no contact details, daft isn’t it.

I have joined OTIB to add this note as I see Dave was a member and contributor and I wanted to share this sad news with people who may well know him and communicate with him regularly.

Maybe everyone would say this but I can say that I and many others have lost a great friend in Dave, a loving guy who thought of others before himself and rose to the challenges that life presented him. Bristol City have also lost a dedicated fan who lived and breathed it.

RIP @Dave . A great poster, very genuine and big heart from what I read on here.

For example he donated the equivalent of the 15% discount for wheelchair supporters, to the SC&T fans of the future scheme. He didn’t have to do that and what a lovely thing it was!

Also will always remember how proud he was of his brother and the wheelchair section named in his honour.

26 minutes ago, Selred said:

RIP @Dave . A great poster, very genuine and big heart from what I read on here.

For example he donated the equivalent of the 15% discount for wheelchair supporters, to the SC&T fans of the future scheme. He didn’t have to do that and what a lovely thing it was!

Also will always remember how proud he was of his brother and the wheelchair section named in his honour.

I'll second this. 

Archived