IGNORED

Parking ticket! Wrong reg

16 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

I have a parking charge of £50,as I entered the last part of the reg the wrong way round kl instead of lk.i have appealed this with proof of ticket.does anyone know if I will have to pay the fine.

No idea, but if they make you pay there is something horribly unfair going on.

1 hour ago, just like watching brazil said:

I have a parking charge of £50,as I entered the last part of the reg the wrong way round kl instead of lk.i have appealed this with proof of ticket.does anyone know if I will have to pay the fine.

BASTARDS.

it’s APCOA was at a gwr car park.

28 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Who is trying to get money from you @just like watching brazil? Council? If so appeal and it’ll be ok.

If not, then do some research and go as far as court and they’ll most likely bottle it because a judge will side with you if you go through the proceedings.

1 hour ago, just like watching brazil said:

it’s APCOA was at a gwr car park.

Not a fine. It’s simply an invoice which you legally don’t have to pay. But there are potential civil proceedings. Theyll have to convince a judge you owe them, despite you telling them the common and obvious that a simple typo was at play.

I’d just let them know the scenario in an appeal (if not already done), but not give away who was driving and leave it at that. If they accept the appeal and say ‘ok no probs’, then all good. If not, they’ll then probs send a load of scaremongering rubbish and inflate what you apparently owe them (actually nothing). Then they may pursue it further and if so, you’d receive a Letter Before Claim (court proceedings). 

If you get one, go to here and they’ll help you:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?s=c1bff5b6b77c078d1ac64ff3b36d9e2b&f=163

Read the newbies ‘stickys’ For further info and do some research.

Basically if they want to pursue it, then it’s nothing more than a scam and something MP’s have already discussed to eradicate.

https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

**** these stupid self regulated theives and leeches on society.

5 hours ago, just like watching brazil said:

Apologies if i’ve misunderstood chief, but are you saying you got your reg wrong when you said “I entered the last part of the reg the wrong way round..” or did the person who issued the charge get it wrong? It’s not clear from your post....any wrong info on the ticket makes it invalid ....I had one once but they’d got the date incorrect so I could prove easily I was nowhere near that parking bay on the date they stated, so it was thrown out....

On 20/07/2018 at 22:09, just like watching brazil said:

Yes I entered the Reg wrong on the keypad.

I take it you still have the ticket that you entered the Reg wrong ?

They May have a case of issuing a fine if you hadn’t paid to park but they are trying to fine you for a mistype

No chance a court would impose this

It will have been issued automatically as the ANPR will have taken the reg of your car and the computer couldn’t locate the appropriate ticket for your car at that time

I anticipate , as long as you can prove you purchased a ticket but incorrectly entered the reg no you will have no probs

On 20 July 2018 at 16:38, just like watching brazil said:

If it's GWR such as Bristol,Parkway then they have ANPR. So I'm sure that they can match the time of entry to the ticket. 

On 02/08/2018 at 19:06, E.G.Red said:

If it's GWR such as Bristol,Parkway then they have ANPR. So I'm sure that they can match the time of entry to the ticket. 

Had exactly this issue at Parkway - fine came through, saw my error, sent a picture of the ticket, albeit with one number on my reg incorrect - fine recinded.

Archived