IGNORED

JET signs for Billericay Town (Merged)

GrahamC

6 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

A lot of things can be said about JET but  if you honestly believe he is crap then you need to just watch a new sport. You might have better luck understanding the new one

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

No I can't and it neither can every other City fan. 

If you honestly think he's a crap footballer, football isn't the sport for you

Game of opinions though isn’t it lads.

Out of interest, what sport do you suggest I start watching where I would rate JET?

17 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Yes, they are also all crap. 

I take on board all your points but he still had wonderful ability and more importantly was just unbelievable to watch.

I have three young boys who at the time didn’t really understand the fundamentals of the game and the areas of play you appreciate as you get older. They just loved watching him score or do tricks and anted to be him. He helped cement their love of city.

Theyre city through and through now, but I don’t think we’ve had a player since who could wow a 6-10 year old like he did.

12 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

One of 2 City players I’ve seen since early 90’s that would get me off my seat when  they got the ball. A genius at times. Problem he had was he couldn’t be bothered really - shame as raw talent was incredible. 

Quite simply this.

I get his work rate and whether he was a part of the team, but he genuinely excited you.

3 hours ago, 054123 said:

I take on board all your points but he still had wonderful ability and more importantly was just unbelievable to watch.

I have three young boys who at the time didn’t really understand the fundamentals of the game and the areas of play you appreciate as you get older. They just loved watching him score or do tricks and anted to be him. He helped cement their love of city.

Theyre city through and through now, but I don’t think we’ve had a player since who could wow a 6-10 year old like he did.

I can understand this viewpoint. 

Entertaining, full of tricks but also essentially pretty crap.

37 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I can understand this viewpoint. 

Entertaining, full of tricks but also essentially pretty crap.

:facepalm:  

Give it up FFS, yes you re entitled to your opinion but you clearly need to watch a different sport if you think JET was crap. Try watching paint dry or something. 

30 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

:facepalm:  

Give it up FFS, yes you re entitled to your opinion but you clearly need to watch a different sport if you think JET was crap. Try watching paint dry or something. 

Watching paint dry is not a sport Mr 11.

Although maybe it would be if the paint was crap and lazy but did some lumbering stepovers and described things as Swazzy.

Any other sport/non-sport suggestions? 

9 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Although maybe it would be if the paint was crap and lazy but did some lumbering stepovers and described things as Swazzy.

Superb player loads of abillity should of been a prem player for years , we were lucky to have him when we did , his attitude didnt match his abillity an thats a shame for football fans but not for jet as he seems happy enough with what hes achieved 

22 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Superb player loads of abillity should of been a prem player for years , we were lucky to have him when we did , his attitude didnt match his abillity an thats a shame for football fans but not for jet as he seems happy enough with what hes achieved 

I agree.

A very talented, eccentric, entertaining player who was as likely to make you laugh as he was to make you applaud his skill. We were indeed lucky to have him here when football was still his main interest.

Now, I think football is just a means to an end for Jay, rather than an end in itself.

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

I pretty sure you are just on a wind up but I'm interested to know what players that have played for us in the last 10 years you think have had more ability than JET?  I'm not talking who you like more or who has made a bigger impact just pure ability. 

1 hour ago, Littlesh*t said:

I pretty sure you are just on a wind up but I'm interested to know what players that have played for us in the last 10 years you think have had more ability than JET?  I'm not talking who you like more or who has made a bigger impact just pure ability. 

Not on a wind up at all. 

And that’s a good question, good to see some debate and discussion rather that just ‘you’re wrong watch a different sport fella’.

Shall we think of more talented players just in a similar position or anywhere on the pitch?

27 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Not on a wind up at all. 

And that’s a good question, good to see some debate and discussion rather that just ‘you’re wrong watch a different sport fella’.

Shall we think of more talented players just in a similar position or anywhere on the pitch?

Fair enough if your not.

What position you like, I'm genuinely intrigued to see who you rate higher ability wise. 

I appreciate we all have different opinions and see the game differently but like I said before a lot can be said of JET  but I am really struggling to see how some can't appreciate the talent the guy was capable of. 

9 hours ago, 054123 said:

we will get one again and more 6-10 year olds will get hooked old timers will reminisce about 1909,1955 etc or maybe just get Alzheimer's

Sorry should have said you are bigger than other boys Dad's and to them you are invincible. 

19 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

What position you like, I'm genuinely intrigued to see who you rate higher ability wise.

Off the top of my head, from the last 10 years, these are all more talented than JET.

Scott Murray

David Noble

Nicky Maynard

Lee Trundle 

Albert Adomah

Yannick Bolasie

Sam Baldock

Luke Freeman

Lee Tomlin

Jonathon Kodjia

Lloyd Kelly

Adam Webster

3 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Off the top of my head, from the last 10 years, these are all more talented than JET.

Scott Murray

David Noble

Nicky Maynard

Lee Trundle 

Albert Adomah

Yannick Bolasie

Sam Baldock

Luke Freeman

Lee Tomlin

Jonathon Kodjia

Lloyd Kelly

Adam Webster

The only one on your list that even gets close ability wise in my opinion is Tomlin. Noble and trundle both getting closer than the rest on your list. 

What I find strange is these 3 and JET all had great talent but all lacked something else in there game for what ever reason, but you rate these 3 and think JET is crap. 

I really can't get my head around you thinking he is crap. Lacklustre, lazy, not interested, can't defend I could understand any of these arguments but crap? 

On 12/01/2019 at 19:58, Littlesh*t said:

The only one on your list that even gets close ability wise in my opinion is Tomlin.

Exactly, in your opinion.

On 12/01/2019 at 19:58, Littlesh*t said:

I really can't get my head around you thinking he is crap. 

My opinion.

I think he was a flat track bully, only able to do it against poorer opposition. He had obvious physical presence and strength but beyond that in my opinion was a show pony with not much more than a lumbering step over in his locker.

On 12/01/2019 at 16:00, Agard Days Night said:

Scott Murray

David Noble

Nicky Maynard

Lee Trundle 

Albert Adomah

Yannick Bolasie

Sam Baldock

Luke Freeman

Lee Tomlin

Jonathon Kodjia

Lloyd Kelly

Adam Webster

JET had more talent in his big toe than all those above (possible exception of Trundle).

Archived