IGNORED

JET signs for Billericay Town (Merged)

GrahamC

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

40000 people? 

I think you've got us and rovers mixed up... 

I reckon our fanbase numbers around 40,000 - ie the number of people who are City fans....or do you think exactly the same 19k people turn up for every home game and exactly the same people go to every away game?! 

Have a look at our recent-ish Wembley / Millennium Stadium appearances - who do you think all those people were?!

And, even if you think our entire fanbase is, say, 22k people - you still claimed to know the views of every single one of them in your previous post to which I replied...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I reckon our fanbase numbers around 40,000 - ie the number of people who are City fans....or do you think exactly the same 19k people turn up for every home game and exactly the same people go to every away game?! 

Have a look at our recent-ish Wembley / Millennium Stadium appearances - who do you think all those people were?!

And, even if you think our entire fanbase is, say, 22k people - you still claimed to know the views of every single one of them in your previous post to which I replied...

I'd say our fan base is at around 25000 maximum. The majority who went to Wembley were plastics who have probably only set foot in ashton gate once. In fact I remember at least 7-8 people who I knew, who had only seen us play once or twice before, going to see us at Wembley, I wouldn't call them fans personally. 

And anyway, much like you, I was over exaggerating to make a point... 

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'd say our fan base is at around 25000 maximum. The majority who went to Wembley were plastics who have probably only set foot in ashton gate once. In fact I remember at least 7-8 people who I knew, who had only seen us play once or twice before, going to see us at Wembley, I wouldn't call them fans personally. 

And anyway, much like you, I was over exaggerating to make a point... 

Rubbish....once again you claim to know everything about every City fan...I know lots of City fans who came back from far and wide to watch us at Wembley etc, not ‘plastics’ (can you define what that means?!) just people who have moved away and cannot attend every home or away game...you really think that the total number of Bristol City fans on this planet totals 25k? And you said ‘maximum’ ?! Not got a clue....

Rubbish....I know lots of City fans who came back from far and wide to watch us at Wembley etc, not ‘plastics’ (can you define what that means?!) just people who have moved away and cannot attend every home or away game...you really think that the total number of Bristol City fans on this planet totals 25k? And you said ‘maximum’ ?! Not got a clue....

Yeh I would. 

It's a bit like rovers taking 40k to the 2007 play off final, would you say our fan bases are equal? I wouldn't either... 

Trips to Wembley bring out plastic fans (people who only go to big games) whilst actual fans are the ones who turn up on as regular basis as possible to support the team. I'd argue the amount of city fans based outside of Bristol would only be between 2-4k (and before you jump on that, much like you saying we have 40000 fans it's a complete guess) and so we probably have a maximum fan base (people who if they could, would buy a season ticket or come regularly, of around 25000)

If we went into the premier league, stayed there for a few years and ashton gate become a 40000 seater stadium (all theoretical btw) do you think we would sell out every week? 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Yeh I would. 

It's a bit like rovers taking 40k to the 2007 play off final, would you say our fan bases are equal? I wouldn't either... 

Trips to Wembley bring out plastic fans (people who only go to big games) whilst actual fans are the ones who turn up on as regular basis as possible to support the team. I'd argue the amount of city fans based outside of Bristol would only be between 2-4k (and before you jump on that, much like you saying we have 40000 fans it's a complete guess) and so we probably have a maximum fan base (people who if they could, would buy a season ticket or come regularly, of around 25000)

If we went into the premier league, stayed there for a few years and ashton gate become a 40000 seater stadium (all theoretical btw) do you think we would sell out every week? 

Attendances at football matches do not represent the total number of fans each club has....the world is a lot smaller ....people move around and cannot attend every game....you think only “2k to 4K” City fans have ever left Bristol?! You serious?!

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Attendances at football matches do not represent the total number of fans each club has....the world is a lot smaller ....people move around and cannot attend every game....you think only “2k to 4K” City fans have ever left Bristol?! You serious?!

Considering that until a couple of years ago we had averaged above 15000 in 45 years only twice, I doubt there are 5000 plus city fans (unless of course you are still counting people who go to 1 game every five years) living outside of the Bristol. 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Considering that until a couple of years ago we had averaged above 15000 in 45 years only twice, I doubt there are 5000 plus city fans (unless of course you are still counting people who go to 1 game every five years) living outside of the Bristol. 

I take it you live in Bristol and always have?

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

I take it you live in Bristol and always have?

I don’t see what difference that makes. 

I just seriously doubt, especially when we are having our highest average attendances since the 80s, that 5000 plus city fans (as in people who if lived in Bristol, and could financially afford it, would come regularly) are living outside of the city in other areas of the uk 

I don’t see what difference that makes. 

I just seriously doubt, especially when we are having our highest average attendances since the 80s, that 5000 plus city fans (as in people who if lived in Bristol, and could financially afford it, would come regularly) are living outside of the city in other areas of the uk 

You need to travel more, you’d see.

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

This is one of the most batshit things I have ever read on OTIB, congratulations ( I think ).

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

You think we only averaged above 15k at home twice in the last 45 years?!!!!!! So, since 1973 you think we’ve only averaged above 15k for two seasons???!!!!

Ok, I’ll humour you.....but, take a quick gander at the figures below:

1976 - we averaged over 16k

1977 - we averaged over 24k

1978 - we averaged over 23k

1979 - we averaged over 21k

1980 - we averaged over 18k

2008 - we averaged over 16k

2009 - we averaged over 16k

2016 - we averaged over 15k 

2017 - we averaged over 19k 

2018 - we averaged over 20k

You are talking shite! Have a cider while you do yer homework....

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You think we only averaged above 15k at home twice in the last 45 years?!!!!!! So, since 1973 you think we’ve only averaged above 15k for two seasons???!!!!

Ok, I’ll humour you.....but, take a quick gander at the figures below:

1976 - we averaged over 16k

1977 - we averaged over 24k

1978 - we averaged over 23k

1979 - we averaged over 21k

1980 - we averaged over 18k

2008 - we averaged over 16k

2009 - we averaged over 16k

2016 - we averaged over 15k 

2017 - we averaged over 19k 

2018 - we averaged over 20k

You are talking shite! Have a cider while you do yer homework....

Meant to put 35, small typo I do apologise. 

And if you hadn't half quoted my statement you'll have seen I put until a couple of years ago, as obviously the new stadium has added to the attendances. 

If we do have 40000 fans, then how come we've only had that as an attendance a handful of times in our 115 year history

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And if you hadn't half quoted my statement you'll have seen I put until a couple of years ago, as obviously the new stadium has added to the attendances. 

If we do have 40000 fans, then how come we've only had that as an attendance a handful of times in our 115 year history

As I said....the number of fans we have is not represented by our home attendances...we have fans based all over the UK and now around the world....as someone else stated above, our club has 160k followers on Twitter....don’t you think just a few of those may be fans based away from Bristol? Actually I’m tired of this now, no need to reply....you think we only have 25k fans in the whole world, I think we have lots more....you base your argument on home attendances, I argue that not all our fans are able to attend home games given their geographical locations....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As I said....the number of fans we have is not represented by our home attendances...we have fans based all over the UK and now around the world....as someone else stated above, our club has 160k followers on Twitter....don’t you think just a few of those may be fans based away from Bristol? Actually I’m tired of this now, no need to reply....you think we only have 25k fans in the whole world, I think we have lots more....you base your argument on home attendances, I argue that not all our fans are able to attend home games given their geographical locations....

So you think that there are 40000 people, who if they could, would attend city games on a regular basis? 

And twitter followers is the worst way of counting fans, do you think rovers have 80000 fans? Or manor farm have 3500? 

17 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Great backtrack! Even if you meant to put ‘35 years’ - we still averaged over 15k in five seasons over that period....so you were still incorrect....good grief....give up....we’ve got more fans than you think we have!!!

Great backtrack! Even if you meant to put ‘35 years’ - we still averaged over 15k in five seasons over that period....so you were still incorrect....good grief....give up....we’ve got more fans than you think we have!!!

And again, only answering some of my post, whilst conveniently missing out the rest of it. 

The crux of the matter is though that you think there are 40000, people who, if they could, would be regular supporters at ashton gate. Which personally I thi k is complete rubbish

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So you think that there are 40000 people, who if they could, would attend city games on a regular basis? 

And twitter followers is the worst way of counting fans, do you think rovers have 80000 fans? Or manor farm have 3500? 

Nooooo! Why are you obsessed with ‘people attending games’ ?! I have only talked about our fanbase....that is the number of Bristol City fans that exist in this world....they cannot all attend games because some of them live in Australia etc....we’ve probably got more than 40k people around the world who would say they are Bristol City fans...

And again, only answering some of my post, whilst conveniently missing out the rest of it. 

The crux of the matter is though that you think there are 40000, people who, if they could, would be regular supporters at ashton gate. Which personally I thi k is complete rubbish

I did not leave out any of your post.....you said we have only averaged above 15k at home twice in the last 45 years....I proved you wrong...and you can’t handle it....45 years or 35 years ....you are still wrong! Aaaarrrrggghhh!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nooooo! Why are you obsessed with ‘people attending games’ ?! I have only talked about our fanbase....that is the number of Bristol City fans that exist in this world....they cannot all attend games because some of them live in Australia etc....we’ve probably got more than 40k people around the world who would say they are Bristol City fans...

I'd argue that a fan is somebody who if they could would regularly attend a teams matches. 

How would you describe a fan may I ask? 

I did not leave out any of your post.....you said we have only averaged above 15k at home twice in the last 45 years....I proved you wrong...and you can’t handle it....45 years or 35 years ....you are still wrong! Aaaarrrrggghhh!

'Considering that until a couple of years ago we had averaged above 15000 in 45 years only twice' 

That's the start of my post, are you sure you haven't missed any of it out? 

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I'd argue that a fan is somebody who if they could would regularly attend a teams matches. 

How would you describe a fan may I ask? 

I think a ‘supporter’ attends games - ie they ‘support’ the club financially - a fan also loves the club but can’t necessarily attend - fan is short for ‘fanatic’....

13 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

'Considering that until a couple of years ago we had averaged above 15000 in 45 years only twice' 

That's the start of my post, are you sure you haven't missed any of it out? 

Ok, given that, you are still wrong....you said that ‘before the last couple of seasons we had only averaged above 15k twice in the last 45 years...’ - when you were proved incorrect on that you claimed you’d made a typo and you meant to say 35 years...but you were still incorrect in that time frame too....just accept it, you got your triumphant average crowds stat woefully incorrect...

Ok, given that, you are still wrong....you said that ‘before the last couple of seasons we had only averaged above 15k twice in the last 45 years...’ - when you were proved incorrect on that you claimed you’d made a typo and you meant to say 35 years...but you were still incorrect in that time frame too....just accept it, you got your triumphant average crowds stat woefully incorrect...

Between 1981 and 2016 (35 years) we only averaged above 15k twice. In 2008 and 09. 

I don't quite see where that is wrong? 

Archived