IGNORED

New Bristol Bears shirt v ours

ChippenhamRed

Just seen the new Bristol Bears shirt. I realise this is a completely subjective thing and many will disagree, but I think it looks really smart and surprisingly original for an in-house effort. Somehow our seems a bit amateur by comparison.

Also struck me that there is clearly very little attempt to bring the two football/rugby brands closer together (red colour aside), on the basis that looks nothing like ours!

Also prefer the simpler presentation of the new kit compared to our own launch.

Just my view but thought I’d share.

Not a fan of the egg chasing so my opinion doesn’t matter a jot

but IMHO that’s awful

Probbably worse than ours - which takes some doing IMHO

Maybe me but the full kit looks like a young child has been creative with their felt tips

Red , Blue , blocks , stripes  too much going on

Pleased they are keeping their colours though and separate from us

5650A64D-40D8-4322-9A40-A317AC6875C9.jpeg

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

but IMHO that’s awful

Pleased the6 are keeping their colours though and separate from us

Like I said, an entirely subjective subject!

The response on twitter has been very positive. I do think rugby in general is less attached to tradition in terms of kits, names, etc, which means more extravagant designs like that are more readily accepted by supporters.

It also seems to fit a lot better than ours, which still looked all creased even in the official photos!

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

More than half the shirt is red now.. 

Not much blue left on the shirts 

I just don’t think this is as big a deal in rugby. It just doesn’t cause the same level of controversy it would in football. Case in point; Gloucester wore a bright pink kit for their European games last year!

28 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

but IMHO that’s awful

Maybe me but the full kit looks like a young child has been creative with their felt tips

It is shocking,keep it blue or turn it all red,the in between leaves this monstrosity 

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's an awful design, but not so dreadful as ours which is absolutely horrible. 

Both sets of strips must have been design by robots or by Jon Lansdown and his new set of crayons 

Corrected that for you Al. As it goes I think the new kits across both codes are decent. 

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Our kit is woeful. Surprised that there hasn't been more of a negative reaction to it. The chest stripe? or band is terrible. Even the purple and lime doesn't look good.

Tend to agree. It just looks cheap and very ordinary. And the band is not even a band, it’s a rectangle!

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

but IMHO that’s awful

Looks too good to me.

Joking aside stop trying to snuggle up to City with the red , looks crude at best. Blue and white stripes all the way for me.... Bristol Rugby Club too. Stupid ponsy nonsense they have to attach to names. Should be outlawed.

And when is Ashton Gate going to have its two representative clubs' insignias hung on the stadium? 

Right now the place just looks naked.

Get on with it City.

• Admin
5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

And when is Ashton Gate going to have its two representative clubs' insignias hung on the stadium? 

Right now the place just looks naked.

The odd thing is there are two giant club badges on the corner of the south and lansdown stands, outside the sports bar (concourse) the outside would look smart with these. 

Rugby kit, red and blue simply don't mix, one or the other 

Football kit, love the retro badge but otherwise kits very basic. Am hoping for a decent polo shirt with the robin badge 

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Surely a shirt that is half red and half blue is going to lead to an awful lot of colour clashes?  Really like it though...

Oh no, they will have to wear their change strip more often and sell more of those also, ha.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The odd thing is there are two giant club badges on the corner of the south and lansdown stands, outside the sports bar (concourse) the outside would look smart with these. 

Rugby kit, red and blue simply don't mix, one or the other 

Football kit, love the retro badge but otherwise kits very basic. Am hoping for a decent polo shirt with the robin badge 

Agreed, also hoping to see a hat with the Robin badge too.

I remember, when it was first announced that the Rugby Club we’re moving to the Gate, I was told by Rugby fans and Sagheads that within a couple of seasons our stadium and kit would definitely be covered in blue.

I think some of our fans believed it as well.

Not looking that way now is it?

As for our new kit, a white band (rectangle) is something we’ve used before and as it was on my very first City shirt, I quite like it even if it is slightly higher than the original one. Most importantly it’s red and white, not a spot of blue anywhere.

10 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Bloody awful.

I'll never use the stupid bears name or buy that kit.

Re-brands, stupid badges and name changes and changing traditional home kits won't make the players play any better or challenge at the sharp end of the prem.

Good players and good coaching will.

Quite rubbish.

Maybe you should listen to what Pat Lam has to say about all this and the direction of the club :yes: The guy is brilliant.

Locals will still call them Bristol, but they have a brand name which is now associated. But there’s more to it.

I like the kit and think on the whole, it’s all positively going well.

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Quite rubbish.

Maybe you should listen to what Pat Lam has to say about all this and the direction of the club :yes: The guy is brilliant.

Locals will still call them Bristol, but they have a brand name which is now associated. But there’s more to it.

I like the kit and think on the whole, it’s all positively going well.

Pat Lam is an inspirational bloke. I’d imagine you’d leave the dressing room feeling like a world beater having had a team talk from him. LJ could learn an awful lot from him. (And I like LJ mind)

Archived