IGNORED

Rewarding Long Time ST Holders (Merged)

TBW

So to start, I'm not a current season ticket holder. Too much personal life stuff to commit to every game. 

But anyway, I've seen on Twitter that the NFL's Indianapolis Colts give a nice little metal keepsake to season ticket holders and thought this kind of thing would be nice for a football club to start up.

Now, I know STs in NFL are incredibly more expensive than football over here but can't help but think it might encourage a few to keep up a streak of being a holder if this were done for people who had a five or ten year run.

Small thank yous can make a world of difference and might help fans feel a bit more valued when sometimes in the modern day fans can feel a bit distanced from their club.

IMG_20180720_234258.jpg

IMG_20180720_234639.jpg

I really do think that “loyalty”should be rewarded by more than just ten percent off a pint of Butcombe or a plate of chips. We now have smart cards that apply discounts ar point of sale so surely it’s not behind the wit of the club  Jon Lansdown to think that maybe longer standing fans customers could benefit from their history of support? Or did Kev Smith take all the ticket data with him when he got fired  sought a new opportunity?

Seeing as ST holders get 10% off at the bar etc on the new “Loyalty Scheme” and the new smart ST cards apply the discount/cash back at source should we push for an enhanced discount/reward for longstanding ST Holders now that the tech is clearly in place to understand the purchase history of the customer? Maybe an extra 1% per continuous years renewal for ST Holders? 

Somethng along these lines must be possible? @Dollymarie @Blagdon red etc 

The culture and circumstances are rather different in the US. Yes, they are generally pretty expensive (especially considering the regular season is sixteen games) but the entitlement is also rather more valuable. The waiting list for a Green Bay Packers ticket is a mere thirty years; babies are born in Wisconsin and have their names put on the list before they are baptised. Still, it doesn't hide the fact that a team in a bad run will not see many holders at some games. As I say, different culture.

It would be nice to think that the club here might take into account how many years a person will have held a Season Ticket/Card. In this ever-more data driven world it should not be too difficult to see what a SCH adds to their game-day and non game-day experiences if the card was noted at the tills. Would it simply be a question of 'how much money has Holder X given us through concession sales and buying shirts'? Accountants like simple numbers, but are loathe to consider whether someone actually supports the club in ways that cannot be quantified. They particularly don't like the idea of giving a bigger discount on a sliding scale for the more long-standing supporters. They rather prefer to give a few shillings off a cup of coffee or a pasty in the hope that the person would inevitably buy more in the long run.

18 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

The culture and circumstances are rather different in the US. Yes, they are generally pretty expensive (especially considering the regular season is sixteen games) but the entitlement is also rather more valuable. The waiting list for a Green Bay Packers ticket is a mere thirty years; babies are born in Wisconsin and have their names put on the list before they are baptised. Still, it doesn't hide the fact that a team in a bad run will not see many holders at some games. As I say, different culture.

Only eight games at home though.

My ST holding runs from 1973/4 and I'm checking the post box daily, eager for this years ST to arrive.

There should be some loyalty recognition but I just cannot see Bristol Sport going for that, we're just numbers now, football has moved on so much since the days when it was a book of tickets which got wet whilst waiting in the rain in a queue to get in, then you realised at the turnstile that you had removed the wrong one !  

It is fun to think what it should be though ? I'd take a car park space :laughcont:

29 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I really do think that “loyalty”should be rewarded by more than just ten percent off a pint of Butcombe or a plate of chips. We now have smart cards that apply discounts ar point of sale so surely it’s not behind the wit of the club  Jon Lansdown to think that maybe longer standing fans customers could benefit from their history of support? Or did Kev Smith take all the ticket data with him when he got fired  sought a new opportunity?

I agree but what does loyalty mean, I started watching City in 1964 and have had a season ticket since the Atyeo opened, think that was 1992, I go to about 18 or 19 away games each season but please don't think I'm claiming to be a super supporter, I'm just lucky to have the time and money to do it, I don't drink or eat in the ground  before the game but often have a cider in the sports bar after and I don't buy the kit, just the occasional polo shirt. I don't know who will be sat next to me next season but it might be their first season as a season ticket holder and they might have spent a couple of hundred pounds kitting themselves out in the club shop and with this new loyalty scheme I'm sure Bristol Sports will consider them more loyal that me.

Let's get over I deserve more because Ive had a season ticket longer. 

I'm happy with the current set up, as long as it gets you to the top of the que for cup games and away tickets that's all that matters.

A season ticket holder of 35 years is no better than one of 2 years.

15 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I'm happy with the current set up, as long as it gets you to the top of the que for cup games and away tickets that's all that matters.

I tend to agree with this. I saw my first game in 1961/62, but as I was 4 at the time I couldn’t call myself a regular supporter then. My season ticket history is chequered. I’ve had seasons tickets in the Dolman, Atyeo and now the South Stand but I’ve let them lapse dependant on where I was working and living. In particular I didn’t bother when I lived in the north east for 8 years. Consequently, what is season ticket loyalty? Constantly having one for x number of continuous years or having one when you can afford it or justify its expense? What is the x number of years for qualification?

Like many here I come to home games and do about 20 or so away games per season. I do buy a replica shirt but don’t spend much in the ground otherwise. While I like to think of myself as a loyal supporter (rather than a fan) I don’t consider myself superior to any other. If my season ticket gets me to the top of the queue for cup and away tickets that’ good enough for me. 

37 minutes ago, Spoons said:

So long term continuous financial support for the club, through good times and terrible, shouldn't be acknowledged and appreciated by BCFC?

43 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It's not a case of one supporter being a better supporter than someone else though, is it.  It's about the club rewarding loyalty from the fans.  No fans = no club. 

I've had a ST now for 13 years.  I'm expecting a carriage clock from Miller Stone and Jonas as a thank you.

Or some food vouchers.

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

I'm not saying anyone deserves more I'm saying a small thank you on a significant anniversary of signing up, would no doubt be appreciated and noted by fans as a nice touch.

Some employers recognise lengthy service of however many years, the Queen sends out a letter to 100 year olds. Just think it'd be kind of nice for something like this to appear with your ST on the tenth anniversary or something.

I didn't want this post to get in to talking about ******* food discounts again. 

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

So long term continuous financial support for the club, through good times and terrible, shouldn't be acknowledged and appreciated by BCFC?

It is appreciated and acknowledged. That's why we get certain benefits we already get. I've had one since 1989.

The people who have only just got one are just as important as they are the future of the club.

2 hours ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Sorry Spoons, I'm with Nogbad on this one. Some one who has had a ST for a long period of time has proven their loyalty to the club, where as some one who got one last season may decide not to get one this year.

Yes but we need to invest in these people. They are the fans of the future.

Archived