IGNORED

Match day thread

class not gas

42 minutes ago, class not gas said:

I didn't mean that, it's if we get off to a poor start the crowd will be on Johnson's back and before you know it there's 20 odd games gone and it will be hard turning it around.

After 20 games, yes, I’d agree. 

14 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

You guys keep your rose tinteds on....

I'll stick to being realistic.

We are weaker now then we were at the end of last season...and I have no idea where the goals are gonna come from.

I share similar concerns as you, difference is I don't whinge and whine over a pre season friendly. You aren't realistic, you are utterly utterly miserable. If I could be bothered to look, I could find predictions from you that in hindsight were utterly ridiculous.

8 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I share similar concerns as you, difference is I don't whinge and whine over a pre season friendly. You aren't realistic, you are utterly utterly miserable. If I could be bothered to look, I could find predictions from you that in hindsight were utterly ridiculous.

1. We are certainly going to improve on last seasons effort and make a challenge for the top six........that's what we are supposed to think right?
  2. We will find it hard to match last seasons efforts......realistic

I will go with number 2 :dunno:

1 hour ago, Bri Stool City said:
  1. We are certainly going to improve on last seasons effort and make a challenge for the top six........that's what we are supposed to think right?

Me too.

19 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

From this 1 game, would you say there are similar issues as last season? 

People keep saying "similar issues to last season" but which bit if last season are you talking about? Presumably not the bit where we got to the League cup semi and were second at Christmas?

I'm not suggesting there weren't issues with the team/squad last season, but let's also not pretend that those problems were endemic from day 1. I honestly don't see that we're in any worse a position now than we were this time last year and up until Christmas, we we're bloody magic. I'm less nervous today about our ability to score goals than I was last summer having just lost Tammy

19 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

From this 1 game, would you say there are similar issues as last season? 

There’s absolutely nothing worthwhile in terms of trends you can take from one game in isolation. Especially in pre-season!

People seem to have difficulty grasping this for some reason. Pre-season, especially when on training camp, is fundamentally about fitness, tactics and cohesion.

Managers would rather have a training camp where the team get noticeably fitter and comfortable with tactics but lose every friendly on the camp 4-0 than win games but make no improvement elsewhere.

13 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I'm a perfectly happy person pal. I certainly don't let this club drag me down  :clapping:

Just saying it how it is. You said yourself....you share the same worries. Difference is I prefer to bring them up on a forum and discuss them...rather then bury my head in the sand and hope for the best 

4 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

Apparently if you are number 2....you are "miserable "

21 hours ago, Sparkz 76 said:

Truth be told all the player out sales should have been put back in to the playing squad. Unfortunately the chairman is not ambitious enough to take us to the promised land.

we have to cover our losses somehow or we will fall foul of FFP so you are talking absolute horse shit especially as we've spent in excess of 20 million in the last 3 years alone 

Archived