IGNORED

Match day thread

class not gas

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

We must remember that Rayo won the segunda division to return to La Liga. They might be in the shadow of their neighbours Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid but they are no mugs. I'm sure they gave us a good test.

This is true. I remember a few years ago limited resources though they had, they played some of the best football in La Liga- outside of Barcelona of course. No idea if that's still the case...

The late goals trend is a worry,

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is true. I remember a few years ago limited resources though they had, they played some of the best football in La Liga- outside of Barcelona of course. No idea if that's still the case...

The late goals trend is a worry,

I know it is only friendlies but apart from Bitton we have conceded in every game in fact a total of 6 in 4 games.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I know it is only friendlies but apart from Bitton we have conceded in every game in fact a total of 6 in 4 games.

not looking too good on the forward line either with fammy out for six games and now taylor carried off, wonder where the goals are going to come from.

7 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Another last minute goal?

Still not learned then...

2 games....both games still showing up the same weaknesses as last season 

We are 2 weeks away from the start of the season and we are no where near ready for it 

Relegated by Christmas then Andrew?

25 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Many a true word,,,,,,,,,,as they say;  if rumors are correct we are about to sign a Chelt forward next to help with our assault on the champ promo race......hmmmm, a lot more gelling and fine tuning yet required Lee. :juggle:

8 hours ago, Spoons said:

Bore off. I take it you went tonight?

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

You guys keep your rose tinteds on....

I'll stick to being realistic.

We are weaker now then we were at the end of last season...and I have no idea where the goals are gonna come from.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

You guys keep your rose tinteds on....

I'll stick to being realistic.

We are weaker now then we were at the end of last season...and I have no idea where the goals are gonna come from.

I think you’re dead right with the goals, definitely need another striker with Championship experience after losing Bobby and the Bosnian

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Weren't certain posters saying the same thing this time last season? 

This season we have five new signings who are all Championship ready so to say we are weaker now because ( I assume ) Flint and Reid have moved on is utter nonsense.

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Weren't certain posters saying the same thing this time last season? 

This season we have five new signings who are all Championship ready so to say we are weaker now because ( I assume ) Flint and Reid have moved on is utter nonsense.

In Reid & Flint we have lost 30 goals, I don’t think that Taylor and a young striker with 1 years experience in the fourth division is going to get us those 30 goals, we definitely need another striker on board with proven Championship experience

35 minutes ago, harrys said:

In Reid & Flint we have lost 30 goals, I don’t think that Taylor and a young striker with 1 years experience in the fourth division is going to get us those 30 goals, we definitely need another striker on board with proven Championship experience

The season before we lost 20+ goals after Tammy moved on......the season before Kodjia....

City have signed 3 attack minded players and still have Djuric and Famara ( when he served his ridiculous ban) along with Patto all capable of finding the net.

There are plenty of goals in the squad.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The season before we lost 20+ goals after Tammy moved on......the season before Kodjia.... this season Reid, do you not see a pattern

City have signed 3 attack minded players and still have Djuric and Famara ( when he served his ridiculous ban) along with Patto all capable of finding the net. Djuric and Fam are injury prone and even when fit were hardly prolific, Patto slated by many on here for being hit or miss

There are plenty of goals in the squad. plenty of goals in any squad but maybe the other teams might not want them to score

Predict a slow start to our season that could run a while, with LJ blaming just about any/everything....... sorry but its my belief. :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Predict a slow start to our season that could run a while, with LJ blaming just about any/everything....... sorry but its my belief. :dunno:

Selling our top striker in two of the last three seasons has netted a cool £25m........nice pattern to have.

Sorry about the standard of reporting last night chaps but I was a bit worse for wear. Can say about what I remember  from last night that City played some nice fooball but with no cutting edge,for me Elliasson was our best player and it was impossible to judge the keeper as he had nothing to do but his general distrubution was good. Not all doom and gloom but plenty of room for improvements also our fiight home this morning with Ryan air has been cancelled so were here now until Monday morning.

51 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Sorry about the standard of reporting last night chaps but I was a bit worse for wear. Can say about what I remember  from last night that City played some nice fooball but with no cutting edge,for me Elliasson was our best player and it was impossible to judge the keeper as he had nothing to do but his general distrubution was good. Not all doom and gloom but plenty of room for improvements also our fiight home this morning with Ryan air has been cancelled so were here now until Monday morning.

From this 1 game, would you say there are similar issues as last season? 

No , I thought last season the team had goals in them, this season we look light weight up front. I know it's too early to judge but Weiman does not look like a centre forward to me and without Fammy for the first 6 games we could have a very difficult start and once you get dragged into a relegation fight it's hard to get away from it, hope I'm wrong and we come out the traps flying, only time will tell.

Presumably Diedhou will be taking a back seat now so we can get what is likely to be our starting side ready.

Looks likely Djuric is off if we sign Eisa so unlikely to see too much of him either.

So we are going to remain 'lightweight' up front.

A bit worried about what Bournemouth might do to us - and how that would affect morale with just a week to go.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Selling our top striker in two of the last three seasons has netted a cool £25m........nice pattern to have.

but does it get us anywhere apart from back to sq 1;

That 25m is not worth a penny anyway if its invested in rubbish loan players and players who hardly make the first team; if you want to build a decent squad selling the best of that squad is not the way to do so.

50 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Presumably Diedhou will be taking a back seat now so we can get what is likely to be our starting side ready.

Looks likely Djuric is off if we sign Eisa so unlikely to see too much of him either.

So we are going to remain 'lightweight' up front.

A bit worried about what Bournemouth might do to us - and how that would affect morale with just a week to go.

Not worried about Bmouth, we will make show against them, Forest will be different and real as will be the coming months, our poor run will be early this year imo

Flint gone, replaced by Webster who I thought looked good. He must have something about him with the sell on clauses rumoured to be added. 

Reid gone but and I’m saying this as a Bobby Reid fan who in their wildest dreams expected we would be getting £10 million for him last season. 

I’m not yet in the Taylor camp but he does seem to score, his injury last night could be a hindrance as last season he was injured as well. But it would be interesting to see him fully fit for a run of games. 

Weisman (however you spell it) don’t look the answer to me on last nights viewing but love to be proved wrong. 

I think most promoted teams don’t have this 20 goal a season player, more reliant on goals throughout the team. Patterson, yes lost form last season but we know there’s a good player in there, will score. O’Dowda will also chip in a few. Diedhiou was a little less than Reid on goals v games last season plus with a long injury to come back from. 

I’m glass half full this season. 

19 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Another last minute goal?

Still not learned then...

2 games....both games still showing up the same weaknesses as last season 

We are 2 weeks away from the start of the season and we are no where near ready for it 

It's pre season against a side in La Liga. It doesn't matter that much. 

11 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

Many a true word,,,,,,,,,,as they say;  if rumors are correct we are about to sign a Chelt forward next to help with our assault on the champ promo race......hmmmm, a lot more gelling and fine tuning yet required Lee. :juggle:

20 hours ago, class not gas said:

ignore this, and can someone tell me how to unquote posts?

Simply put, we can't sign the players that are widely regarded to be good enough for the best 3/4 teams in this league. Therefore to expect a promotion race doesn't make sense imo. We can all hope though of course. 

4 hours ago, class not gas said:

No , I thought last season the team had goals in them, this season we look light weight up front. I know it's too early to judge but Weiman does not look like a centre forward to me and without Fammy for the first 6 games we could have a very difficult start and once you get dragged into a relegation fight it's hard to get away from it, hope I'm wrong and we come out the traps flying, only time will tell.

No team is “in a relegation scrap” after 6 games..! 

Archived