IGNORED

Mo Eisa - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED (merged)

GrahamC

Just now, JonDolman said:

Having just said I don't believe we were ever in for him, i've changed my mind now. You seem to be ITK unlike myself! You would think surely we have to be favourites then over league one sides.

My only thought would be , how much playing time would he get here as opposed to League 1 clubs ? 

I imagine Portsmouth or Sunderland will be looking to promotion and he could well be the spearhead ( he must be careful not to puncture the match ball ) .

2 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

Twitter is saying he turned down Sunderland as he wants to stay close to Cheltenham? Maybe he has family in the area. 

Portsmouth then .

9 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I dont think this one is dead whatever LJ says about goalkeepers being the only target now. 

Didn't he say he was still interested in another but it wouldn't be someone who would go straight in to the first team. Could that not be Eisa still?

23 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

Didn't he say he was still interested in another but it wouldn't be someone who would go straight in to the first team. Could that not be Eisa still?

I think he did, so possibly sign with a season loan back to Cheltenham rather than pay 4x as much from Posh next season. Ticks all the boxes.

8 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Or buy Eisa and loan him to Posh, and buy Marriott.

Buy Eisa loan him to Peterbrough. Buy Marriott and play him. Loan Taylor to Portsmouth and send McCoulskey to Cheltenham. This transfer stuff is easy

I still haven’t seen a single credible source linking us with Eisa. As I’ve said before, surely this would be a very simple transfer to pull off if we wanted him? @Harry how do you know we are interested? Not knocking you at all, just interested to know what you’ve heard.  

Personally I just can’t see it happening. 

GJ and his brother get a percentage of the profit made on his sale, wonder if this would put us off? Any deal where the son buys a player from his father who then gets a cut along with his uncle would surely attract scrutiny. 

5 minutes ago, Beezey said:

GJ and his brother get a percentage of the profit made on his sale, wonder if this would put us off? Any deal where the son buys a player from his father who then gets a cut along with his uncle would surely attract scrutiny. 

The connection, regardless of any benefit to GJ, is why I have always doubted we would sign the player.

This place would soon have it's fair share of conspiracy theories. Arguably not worth the potential grief for LJ.

according to the local journalist it’s a Championship club. Don’t think it’s us but this will be one that is seriously galling if he turns out to be a gem :laughcont:

Given the amount of players we have and continue to send to Cheltenham on loan, I’m pretty sure that if we did want him, we’d sign him. 

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The connection, regardless of any benefit to GJ, is why I have always doubted we would sign the player.

This place would soon have it's fair share of conspiracy theories. Arguably not worth the potential grief for LJ.

I don’t know why we would be worried. Don’t think Wolves were bothered with how they were run or Forest this season. It would be signing a player from league 2 to the championship. Surely that is just a normal thing. If BCFC is thinking like that then we still have problems because their overthinking gets them in trouble. 

16 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t know why we would be worried. Don’t think Wolves were bothered with how they were run or Forest this season. It would be signing a player from league 2 to the championship. Surely that is just a normal thing. If BCFC is thinking like that then we still have problems because their overthinking gets them in trouble. 

I'm not sure the Wolves comparison is relevant. The issue here is, or would be, the Johnson family connection.

There are enough people with an intense dislike of both for conspiracy theories to arise, especially if we signed the player and it didn't work out.

From time to time we still get ludicrous claims that GJ is somehow interfering at City after all.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I'm not sure the Wolves comparison is relevant. The issue here is, or would be, the Johnson family connection.

There are enough people with an intense dislike of both for conspiracy theories to arise, especially if we signed the player and it didn't work out.

From time to time we still get ludicrous claims that GJ is somehow interfering at City after all.

The only reason I bring them up is for conflict of interest. There are bigger conflicts of interest out in the world of football than a father and son who manage in the same country.

If sad people want to think about stuff like GJ helping run city from behind the scenes then you will never change their minds. That is their sad state of affairs. On a purely football sense, we should be in for Eisa at that price. It is a largish fee for us but these are the gambles we need to take from England. If anything we should be taking advantage our relationship with them because honestly, they have been getting the better part of the loan deals. Without us they could have been relegated. Maybe a bit dramatic but our loanees have been key parts of their seasons since promoted. 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

The only reason I bring them up is for conflict of interest. There are bigger conflicts of interest out in the world of football than a father and son who manage in the same country.

If sad people want to think about stuff like GJ helping run city from behind the scenes then you will never change their minds. That is their sad state of affairs. On a purely football sense, we should be in for Eisa at that price. It is a largish fee for us but these are the gambles we need to take from England. If anything we should be taking advantage our relationship with them because honestly, they have been getting the better part of the loan deals. Without us they could have been relegated. Maybe a bit dramatic but our loanees have been key parts of their seasons since promoted. 

I agree on the conflict of interest point.

We have however seen some of the truly poisonous stuff LJ has had to handle in the past, which leads me to speculate - and it is just speculation of course - that he might be reluctant to take the risk in this case.

Archived